• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

PashaFan

Marian Hossa Discussions

Rate this topic

The funny thing is he has the same number of points as Crosby in this series, a better +/-, more shots, and probably no hits.

I'm pretty confident he's hurt. He got dinged up right before the playoffs and again in the Anaheim (?) series. Wouldn't shock me if he's not close to 100%.

He ought to give his salary to Helm, or Abdelkader, or SOMEONE who's actually played with effort in this series. Hossa's been useless for most of the postseason and I'll be glad if the Wings don't even offer him a contract. That money can be spent on someone who'll do what it takes to win a Cup, rather than try to get one riding a proven team's coattails. Pittsburgh's probably going to win this damn thing, and Hossa definitely deserves some of the blame.

He ought to give his salary to Helm, or Abdelkader, or SOMEONE who's actually played with effort in this series. Hossa's been useless for most of the postseason and I'll be glad if the Wings don't even offer him a contract. That money can be spent on someone who'll do what it takes to win a Cup, rather than try to get one riding a proven team's coattails. Pittsburgh's probably going to win this damn thing, and Hossa definitely deserves some of the blame.

What salary?

hossa has been strugglin in the playoffs, BUT he did help get the game 7 in detroit with his work in the regular season. i for one want to re sign him. remember when dats struggled in the playoffs early in his career. i have no worries, regardless of how hossa plays, i'm confident the rest of teh wings will be there to decide it. Hossa will be there to play.

You mean back when the league was still heavily clutch-and-grab? And then after that when the Wings were loaded with lazy veterans who had a fear of back-checking? You mean back when Datsyuk was struggling along with guys like Shanahan, Fedorov, Hull, and Lang? When the Wings could barely average 2 goals a game in the playoffs?

Two completely different scenarios. Hossa is a veteran. Hossa signed here to play for the cup. Look at how Dallas Drake played during the playoffs and finals. He was TWICE the player he usually is. Hossa is HALF the player he usually is.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

well..i hate to break it to you all..but with all this hype about hossa joining the wings this year..after falling short with the pens last year..and how its game seven and both teams have a chance to win it..i dont think hossa will be scratched...hossa will either hoist the cup high in the air ..or get his heart again broken and for the 2nd straight year...after friday..hossa will either be glad he signed with the wings..or feel bad for leaving pittsburgh...and buttman loves hype..so there ya go..thats my take on it

He can't run around okie-dokin' everyone like the regular season, people. He's still busting his ass. It may not be the best hockey he's played, but I'm still glad he's on this team. He just needs to get over himself a little and carry the puck to the net instead doing spin moves and shooting wide. He gets fired up sometimes, I don't know what the deal is. Some days he really brings it. I still support Hossa.

It's one thing to be upset that he's not producing. It's another to shun him or want him benched. This board is the epitome of dumb.

AGREE with both of these posts

I recognize all the great things Hossa has done for this team in the regular season AND in the playoffs. He's great defensively and does a good job of holding onto the puck, but he needs to step up offensively. This is a guy that was one win away from winning the cup in his former teams' house and he didn't step up. He hasn't really step up at all in these playoffs.

These playoffs have made me think he shouldn't be re-signed.

Pens fans might be right, he does seem to be along for the ride rather than steering the ship to a Stanley Cup championship.

He has to produce.

Scratch Hossa for Game 7, oh how I'd love to see it happen. It's what he deserves. Imagine seeing the team win the Cup while he's in the stands.

I'd rather Abdelkader. I'd rather Robert LANG!

God not LANG!!!!!

Game 7 will make or break his career. I'll give him and Dats the benefit of the doubt for not scoring in the first 3 series, but if both these guys, especially Hossa (since Dats is actually injured) can't not only score in Game 7, but win the series, he should be ASHAMED.

if the wings do win the cup you just watch when Lidstrom brings the cup back he will give it to Hossa 1st, wont that be fun to see, but then we will all love him and forget for a few weeks till contract talks start up.

I hate ifs

put in able-cake-eater... at least he has something to bring to the table.

You seriously have an avatar that says "f*** Hossa"? Seriously, get a life. The guy has as many points in the Finals as Crosby does, he led the team in hits last game. It's not like he's been garbage. I'd bet quite a bit of money on him being injured. He got dinged up right at the end of the regular season and he got hurt again during the Anaheim series (if I remember right). If he is hurt, he's out there playing and people are questioning his heart. It's pathetic.

Is Hossa the reason we lost? If not, I don't want to hear another word from anyone about him.

he turned it over about 10,000 times tonight... destroy any chance the wings had when he was sucking air at the most key parts of the game...

so to blame... YES... YES HE IS!

He is better than average, but it reminds me of Malkin last year, things arent working for him and it seems that he tries alittle to hard with the puck, and i would like to add that imo he is doing a good job without the puck.

But then again if you got topsalary you should have HIGH expectations so i understand that people are frustrated, and i guess he is too.

Edited by Urgi

You mean back when the league was still heavily clutch-and-grab? And then after that when the Wings were loaded with lazy veterans who had a fear of back-checking? You mean back when Datsyuk was struggling along with guys like Shanahan, Fedorov, Hull, and Lang? When the Wings could barely average 2 goals a game in the playoffs?

Two completely different scenarios. Hossa is a veteran. Hossa signed here to play for the cup. Look at how Dallas Drake played during the playoffs and finals. He was TWICE the player he usually is. Hossa is HALF the player he usually is.

regardless of the scenarios, people were still upset, but did we get rid of him? no, and what a great decision that turned out to be. Hossa = game winner friday night (hopefully lol)

You seriously have an avatar that says "f*** Hossa"? Seriously, get a life. The guy has as many points in the Finals as Crosby does, he led the team in hits last game. It's not like he's been garbage. I'd bet quite a bit of money on him being injured. He got dinged up right at the end of the regular season and he got hurt again during the Anaheim series (if I remember right). If he is hurt, he's out there playing and people are questioning his heart. It's pathetic.

if he is dinged up he should be a man and take one for the team and SIT OUT... he is useless out there.

He isn't supposed to be crosby out there... BTW KENNEDY has more points than HOSSA?!?!?!?!

he turned it over about 10,000 times tonight... destroy any chance the wings had when he was sucking air at the most key parts of the game...

so to blame... YES... YES HE IS!

Helm did the same thing. Zetterberg, Datsyuk, etc. didn't exactly score any goals. Kronwall and Stuart turned it over about 5 times apiece in the first period when we were running around. Osgood gave up a terrible goal for the game-winner. It ain't like Hossa was the only one who could have played better.