• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Snazzy

Penguins Barely Survive for 1 More

Rate this topic

Even if the Pens lose Game 7, they prevented your world class player Marian Hossa (who by the way has been invisible this series) and the rest of the Wings from winning the Cup on Pens ice for the second straight year. Win-win if you ask me.

Did you know?

Hossa has THE SAME AMOUNT OF POINTS AS CROSBY?

Key word: "barely". And Wings didn't even show up till the last 10 - 15 minutes.. haha! I love our chances!!!!

My wife hoped Wings would lose tonight so we can win it at home. We'll take in 7 fellas... bank it!

P.S. The refs were a joke! They can now throw headlocks in hockey? They can make hits behind the play and interfere? Oh well, I pretty much knew that Pens were going to get freebies.

couldn't have said it better. they gotta call hal gill on the interference early in the game, and often if needs be. he gets away with s*** that was allowed in the old nhl. if he was a flyer, he's in the box. but he's a penguin, so he gets away with it cuz he's on poster boys team.

i hope the wings blow those pieces of s*** out of the joe again.

I said this in another thread, but I think it bears repeating here:

The Pens played like their season was on the line, in their building, with all of two penalties called against them (both in the third), and against an opponent that barely showed up. And they just barely won.

What does that tell you?

The Pens played like their season was on the line, in their building, with all of two penalties called against them (both in the third), and against an opponent that barely showed up. And they just barely won.

What does that tell you?

It tells me 3 things:

1. osgood gets the conn Smythe if the wings win. He's the only reason this game wasn't 10-1.

2. The Wings better bring it Friday night or Crysby could be skating with the Cup. Teams that win games they shouldn't (for whatever reason) sometimes find a way to win game 7s.

3. For all the vet leadership on this game, being flat tonight was completely unacceptable.

Even if the Pens lose Game 7, they prevented your world class player Marian Hossa (who by the way has been invisible this series) and the rest of the Wings from winning the Cup on Pens ice for the second straight year. Win-win if you ask me.

Well it makes you feel better by thinking that way, then go right ahead. I hope you are prepared to settle for another Stanley Cup defeat to the same team who beat you last year cause that's what you're gonna get. Pens got the lucky bounces tonight on home ice, won't happen at the Joe in game 7.

What does that tell you?

Exactly. Wings mailed it in and Pens played like it's their last chance... and barely walked away with another day to play. I expect Wings to play a full 60 minutes in game 7 like they did the last 15 in game 6.

Well it makes you feel better by thinking that way, then go right ahead. I hope you are prepared to settle for another Stanley Cup defeat to the same team who beat you last year cause that's what you're gonna get. Pens got the lucky bounces tonight on home ice, won't happen at the Joe in game 7.

Fleury will get confused by the active boards again. haha! :D

lol so its a "win" if u guys lose game 7 just so marian hossa wouldnt skate with the cup in pittsburgh?

thats almost as retarded as this guy saying his wife hoped for the wings to lose tonight just to win it at home.

Exactly. Wings mailed it in and Pens played like it's their last chance... and barely walked away with another day to play. I expect Wings to play a full 60 minutes in game 7 like they did the last 15 in game 6.

I'll take the win, whether it was impressive or not, they still won. I am by no means guaranteeing a Pens victory Friday but if I were a Red Wings fan I would be very disappointed that the Wings couldn't finish the job in 6.

being flat tonight was completely unacceptable.

It was. I'm not justifying it or rationalizing it. I'm speaking more to the folks who suddenly think the Pens are an unstoppable juggernaut. Their season was on the line and they played like it, with everything working in their favor. And they barely squeezed out a win.

I don't know, maybe I'm insane, but that doesn't scream PANIC BUTTON to me.

Edited by Dabura

It was. I'm not justifying it or rationalizing it. I'm speaking more to the folks who suddenly think the Pens are an unstoppable juggernaut. Their season was on the line and they played like it, with everything working in their favor. And they barely squeezed out a win.

I don't know, maybe I'm insane. But that doesn't have me especially worried.

I guess I'm a bit worried due to the "Oh s***" factor.

The Red Wings have to come out desperate Friday night. Score early on Fluery and get in his head. Wings will win it Friday and we'll spend all weekend celebrating another cup win.

Guest DetroitBoy313

You know what? Barely surviving is winning either way you look at it.They played good enough to live another day and that's all you need really.We beat them 5-0 and they beat us 2-1,what's the difference now? Nothing!! Anything can happen in game 7,that's why I wanted to celebrate tonight and not take a chance Friday.

I'll take the win, whether it was impressive or not, they still won. I am by no means guaranteeing a Pens victory Friday but if I were a Red Wings fan I would be very disappointed that the Wings couldn't finish the job in 6.

I'm disappointed that Wings didn't finish Pens in 4, honestly. They could have... but just like tonight, they seem to take their foot off the gas and show no urgency. Wings played like this game wasn't important to them just like they did in games 3 and 4. It happens, after all, they are expected to have the Stanley Cup hangover.

LMAO!!!!!111!!!!!!! YOu are saying Hossa is invisible, yet YOUR Crybaby Crosby has the SAME AMOUNT OF POINTS--and MAKES WAY more CASH than Hossa--has been a NO-SHOW.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!111!1 HHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!

Nice trade off, wouldn't'ya say?

Wings will take it in 7.

Terrified for the Game 7, as it has more to do with luck than skill, but the Wings have a tendency to absolutely bring it at home, and this series could easily become a series where only the Home teams win. Ozzie was huge for us, and will be again.

I just hope Detroit doesn't take the night off again. They don't have any bounce back games left.

But it will be sweet if they can win this for the home crowd.

Key word: "barely". And Wings didn't even show up till the last 10 - 15 minutes.. haha! I love our chances!!!!

I love them but this team has serious motivational issues, their not even the 80's Oilers and they dont even show up for Stanley cup games.

I don't know, maybe I'm insane, but that doesn't scream PANIC BUTTON to me.

Yeah, remember after game 4?

OH MY GOD WE'RE GONNA LOSE THE SERIES OMFG THE WINGS ARE LAZY AND THEY SUCK.

Then we dominate game 5 and oh hey, suddenly everyone thinks we'll take the Cup in Pittsburgh.

I'm not worried. If that was the best the Pens could do at home with our guys slacking off for 40 minutes, it's in the bag. The crowd at the Joe would have been enough to push this game in our favor. Adding in last change and a will to win makes it pretty easily our game to lose, not theirs to win.

If we lose on friday, it's all on the guys, it won't have anything to do with how the Pens play.

I love them but this team has serious motivational issues, their not even the 80's Oilers and they dont even show up for Stanley cup games.

There's a reason why back-2-back cup wins isn't an easy feat. I'm exhausted as a fan, imagine how the players feel?

I'm disappointed in the loss but I'm not surprised. As I've mentioned a few times elsewhere, I'm really thinking that being in control of matchups is a huge key to this series, that Ericsson-Lebda pairing has been brutal this series when it's been mismatched, I think a big chunk of Pittsburgh's goals at the Igloo have come from them not being set up with the right guys. Obviously that's something Detroit dosen't need to worry about (at least not nearly as much) on home ice. Considering that all year long the Wings have always been counted on to capitalize on must-win situations, I really like the chances of them being able to close this out on their terms.

LMAO!!!!!111!!!!!!! YOu are saying Hossa is invisible, yet YOUR Crybaby Crosby has the SAME AMOUNT OF POINTS--and MAKES WAY more CASH than Hossa--has been a NO-SHOW.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!111!1 HHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!

Nice trade off, wouldn't'ya say?

Wings will take it in 7.

[/quote

Wow, at the logic here. Last time I checked Crosby has double the amount of points that Hossa does for the playoffs and could be considered one of the finalists for the Conn Smythe which Hossa has a 0% chance of winning. Once again , you've proved yourself to be the biggest dolt that posts here.