• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Snazzy

Penguins Barely Survive for 1 More

Rate this topic

HAHA what a joke. Any Wings fan that was rooting for game 7 is an idiot, ANYTHING can happen in a Game 7, don't be surprised when it's your boys that are crying on Friday night.

Optimism is one thing but I think some of you would be singing Kumbaya during the Bataan Death March the way you act about the Wings winning Game 7.

its funny how with each pen win your chest along with your posts...have been blowing up...along with every other pens fan on here. we have great optimism because we play lights out in the D..hell when did you when in the joe this series again????? yeah.

even went to name calling wings fans on a wings board.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

A win is a win. Pens could have won 18-3 last night and it wouldn't make a lick of difference today. The teams are comming to Detroit, knotted-up 3-3, to play for all the marbles. One game will decide the next Champion. Anything can happen, the refs have shown that this postseason - in every series. That being said, I love the Wings chances:

Pros:

Wings facing elimination = dangerous

Ozzie nearly stole game 6

Wings have lost 1 home game this postseason (in 3OT to Anaheim)

Wings will feed off of JLA's energy, and the Joe will be rocking

History favors the Wings in countless ways

Cons:

Another game for banged-up crew

We won't get to see Hossa lift the Cup in front of Pens fans

Gotta appologize to all of the Pens fans for my comments Yesterday.

I had no clue the Wings would not show up and not care for all of 2.5 Periods.

That was game 4 all over again with a slightly different outcome because OZ was the MAN!

Gotta appologize to all of the Pens fans for my comments Yesterday.

I had no clue the Wings would not show up and not care for all of 2.5 Periods.

That was game 4 all over again with a slightly different outcome because OZ was the MAN!

And that has nothing to do with the Penguins, right? No smothering defense, no Fluery finding his groove, no tremedous penalty kills?

Man, the Pens and the entire city are sooooooooooooo lucky the Red Wings had boys and the prom and what they were going to wear to the big party at Sally's house on their minds and forgot to play a hockey game.

Edited by Flintstone Cicarelli

And that has nothing to do with the Penguins, right? No smothering defense, no Fluery finding his groove, no tremedous penalty kills?

Man, the Pens and the entire city are sooooooooooooo lucky the Red Wings had boys and the prom and what they were going to wear to the big party at Sally's house on their minds and forgot to play a hockey game.

well watching the game you are correct the wings didn't come to play. as for the pens...yeah they played better then they have....but the score was only 2-1 and if cleary wouldn't have missed on a great breakaway chance by a bone headed play by the pens then it may have been different. that that from a team that barely played the pens....so i wouldn't get to much of a big head for the pens. when was the last time they won at the joe this serires? what was the score of the last game there??? how well has your oreo flurry played joe?

well watching the game you are correct the wings didn't come to play. as for the pens...yeah they played better then they have....but the score was only 2-1 and if cleary wouldn't have missed on a great breakaway chance by a bone headed play by the pens then it may have been different. that that from a team that barely played the pens....so i wouldn't get to much of a big head for the pens. when was the last time they won at the joe this serires? what was the score of the last game there??? how well has your oreo flurry played there?

I don't have a big head about it at all, I'm just getting a kick out of the way Wings fans are framing it today. Looks a lot like an unsure fanbase trying to sell themselves on a theory that everything will be A-OK. Not a fanbase looking objectively at a game and discussing their chances on Friday.

Look above you at Snazzy's post. How many CAPITALIZED LOL's and !!!!!!!!!!! do you need to type to convince the forum you are laughing and at ease; having a great ole time? :)

Penguins didn't do anything to impress me. Wings were down right flat. They decided to mail it in till the 3rd. They seemed uninterested.

I would say since the Wings were flat.. uninterested, and mailed it in - maybe they were the ones with nothing to feel impressed over? If the Pens were handed 12 penalties I'm sure they could have put 5 in the net. :rolleyes: Would that have impressed you?

Actually I was very impressed with the Pens 3rd and 4th lines. They out hustled the Wings on nearly every shift. It was time to sit Satan, Disco Dan made a great call on that. He refuses to play the boards and that's where the Pens are their strongest. Besides, Sykora seemed out of his funk and is a proven shooter and game winner.

Reality is both teams played hard and now we have a game 7. Going into Friday I'm actually a little happy the Pens have that last game at the Joe to think back on.

I don't have a big head about it at all, I'm just getting a kick out of the way Wings fans are framing it today. Looks a lot like an unsure fanbase trying to sell themselves on a theory that everything will be A-OK. Not a fanbase looking objectively at a game and discussing their chances on Friday.

Look above you at Snazzy's post. How many CAPITALIZED LOL's and !!!!!!!!!!! do you need to type to convince the forum you are laughing and at ease; having a great ole time? :)

well how would pens fans react? oh thats right...refs screwed us...wings were lucky....pens sucked in that game...blah blah blah..same crap

yeah maybe we should all go jump off a bridge cause we lost. that would be better=)

Fact is that the best team lost today. If we just get a few bounces our way then the Pens won't stand a chance.

Seemed to me like the puck "bounced" in front of Ozzie, and in the Wings favor quite a bit last night. It was a great game and it's all tied up now.. save that best team garbage until after the series is over.

Got my tickets for Friday already.. GO PENS!!!

well how would pens fans react? oh thats right...refs screwed us...wings were lucky....pens sucked in that game...blah blah blah..same crap

yeah maybe we should all go jump off a bridge cause we lost. that would be better=)

Or, you could be objective adults and not be so damn bipolar. One day this board is a slice of heaven with teddy bears and roses and breakfast in bed, the next it is a codependent couple shoplifting NyQuil and cheating on each other.

I just read a Franzen is lazy and sucks thread. I'm amazed. I thought this was "Hockey Town" not "Hopey Town"

Key word: "barely". And Wings didn't even show up till the last 10 - 15 minutes.. haha! I love our chances!!!!

My wife hoped Wings would lose tonight so we can win it at home. We'll take in 7 fellas... bank it!

P.S. The refs were a joke! They can now throw headlocks in hockey? They can make hits behind the play and interfere? Oh well, I pretty much knew that Pens were going to get freebies.

I wish I had your confidence.

I don't have a big head about it at all, I'm just getting a kick out of the way Wings Pens fans are framing it today. Looks a lot like an unsure fanbase trying to sell themselves on a theory that everything will be A-OK.

Fixed. :thumbup:

EDIT:LOLOOLOL!!!1!!1!

Edited by Ozzie30

spectacular game last night wings. please explain to me why i am more bunched up when the pens are ahead by 1 than i am when we are down by 1?? third period almost gave me a coronary.

good luck friday.

p.s. the wings tic tac toe break out aggrivates me to no end. awesome to watch

Or, you could be objective adults and not be so damn bipolar. One day this board is a slice of heaven with teddy bears and roses and breakfast in bed, the next it is a codependent couple shoplifting NyQuil and cheating on each other.

I just read a Franzen is lazy and sucks thread. I'm amazed. I thought this was "Hockey Town" not "Hopey Town"

yeah have you been to a pens forum lately? we all have moron fans. fair weather fans...bandwaggoners..it happens when you win alot. you guys have the same issues just go read.

and he wishes he had your brain.

and it looks like you are wishing to get banned. why is it now that we are going into the 7th game of the series you pens fans are getting a little cocky now and thinking its ok to talk down and call posters on a wings forum names? yeah you haven;t called any one anything but look at some of your other pens fans posts in the other threads. how about you not worry about what wings fans post on a wings board so much and worry about you and the other pens fans posts on a wings forum so that you don;t start a flame war and get yourself banned. i don't mind having pens fans on here but when you start telling us how to post and how we should be feeling after a loss where even you guys should be able to tell that we did not play at our potential starts pissing people off.

Classy. I wouldn't expect anything less from a Penguins fan :)

I hope you stick around after Wings win the cup [again] on Friday. ;)

there that "class" word is. I'd wager there hasn't been class in your lineage for centuries.

Of course I'll "stick around" no matter what happens on Friday.

I love this game and I am becoming fond of this board.

stepping on your neck every few days is just a bonus.

Key word: "barely". And Wings didn't even show up till the last 10 - 15 minutes.. haha! I love our chances!!!!

My wife hoped Wings would lose tonight so we can win it at home. We'll take in 7 fellas... bank it!

P.S. The refs were a joke! They can now throw headlocks in hockey? They can make hits behind the play and interfere? Oh well, I pretty much knew that Pens were going to get freebies.

'Member the good ol' days back in May, when the Pens were just another Eastern Conference patsy, and the Wings would take them out in 5 at the most?

Good times, huh? Good times!

Wow, at the logic here. Last time I checked Crosby has double the amount of points that Hossa does for the playoffs and could be considered one of the finalists for the Conn Smythe which Hossa has a 0% chance of winning. Once again , you've proved yourself to be the biggest dolt that posts here.

First you post about Hossa not showing up for this series, and when pointed out that Crosby hasn't done much this series either, you get all defensive and bring up the entire playoff run since April. Wow. Okay! :freak: (surprised you didn't bring up the regular season, his age, or a great game he played back in 2007)

Nice to see the Penguins fan's class is still on that level; when you can't respond intelligently, you must resort to slinging some personal attacks and name calling. I bet you make your entire fan base proud. Great work!

Flintstone Cicarelli insists that Pens fans are not all the same, but so far, I have not seen anything different from them. Their posts are like clockwork.

3....2....1.... and GO. [A Penguin fan is going to post in this thread and make more sly remarks :) ] You heard it first here!