• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Casey

A totally calm perspective.

Rate this topic

I'm feeling peaceful right now, same as I did after game 4. I believe, deep down, that they have this. I didn't believe such tonight- something felt off.

How about some positives from tonight?

- Osgood is a beast. If not for the D hanging him out to dry, the Wings might have won.

- Helm was fighting for every puck that entered his ZIP code.

- Datsyuk hasn't lost a step. He was close multiple times.

- Draper scored. How often does that happen?

There were only two positives, and the second has to do with the first:

1. Osgood.

2. We only lost by one.

Agree... and Holmstrom96, your namesake really needs to step up! What's going on with him? :huh:

I have a couple of positives to add. Winning this cup is no longer about Hossa. Osgood should be the first one to get the cup after Lids because he has busted it every game of every series. No other player can say they have contributed what he has this year.

Positives:

4th line worked: I felt like they really wanted it tonight sadly lines 1-3 didn't

Helm is a man beast. He's not just trying to play for a spot next year, he's trying to play for a top 2 lines spot

Zetterberg's a standup guy. That broken stick play was amazing. To think about all that had to go through his mind in that little window of time to make that happen.

The penalty kill was on

1. Wings have outscored Pitt by 4 goals in the series

2. Wings have only lost 1 game at home these playoffs.

3. Our players aren't ***.

4. Datsyuk and Zetterberg don't live with Yzerman or Ken Holland.

5. Osgood is frickin awesome and even in our losses played like a Conn Smythe winner.

1-osgood was great agai

2-draper scored

3- we lost by 1

i was tryn to think of others but couldnt come up with any

the -'s out weigh our +'s

sorry

but game 7 is ours

I'd would've much rather prefered Detroit losing to Anaheim in Game 7 then Pittsburgh in Game 7 of the finals. Wings losing to the Penguins would be utterly embarrassing.

I couldn't disagree more. I'd rather get swept by the Pens than lose to the Ducks.

1. Wings have outscored Pitt by 4 goals in the series

2. Wings have only lost 1 game at home these playoffs.

3. Our players aren't ***.

4. Datsyuk and Zetterberg don't live with Yzerman or Ken Holland.

5. Osgood is frickin awesome and even in our losses played like a Conn Smythe winner.

these 2

:clap::lol:

On the bright side, Hossa probably didn't need to shower tonight.

:lol:

lol.....he only showers after game 4's...

except this round, he's been pretty lame.

he has dry skin from showering all through his 40 goal regular season. with his 6 playoff goals in 22 playoff games, he would be on pace for 23 1/2 if there were 82.

maybe babcock needs to talk with him on the plane ride back to hockeytown. give him a spanking or something...

I'm feeling peaceful right now, same as I did after game 4. I believe, deep down, that they have this. I didn't believe such tonight- something felt off.

How about some positives from tonight?

- Osgood is a beast. If not for the D hanging him out to dry, the Wings might have won.

- Helm was fighting for every puck that entered his ZIP code.

- Datsyuk hasn't lost a step. He was close multiple times.

- Draper scored. How often does that happen?

Agreed.

On the negative side, we were second on every lose puck battle for the first two periods. We couldn't get a shot on goal if our life depended on it.

I have a couple of positives to add. Winning this cup is no longer about Hossa. Osgood should be the first one to get the cup after Lids because he has busted it every game of every series. No other player can say they have contributed what he has this year.

Positives:

4th line worked: I felt like they really wanted it tonight sadly lines 1-3 didn't

Helm is a man beast. He's not just trying to play for a spot next year, he's trying to play for a top 2 lines spot

Zetterberg's a standup guy. That broken stick play was amazing. To think about all that had to go through his mind in that little window of time to make that happen.

The penalty kill was on

:ok: spot on!

The biggest positive out of all of this is that we are going back to JLA.

I was at game two, I listened to the crowd in game five. I can only imagine the intensity at the Joe on Friday.

We WILL charge our Wings up. They WILL play their hearts out. We WILL win the Cup.

As suspenseful as watching our guys play in a game seven for the SCF will be, it will be a wonderful feeling seeing us actually win the Cup on home ice again.

Especially in Crosby and Malkin's faces. Welcome to Detroit City.

The biggest positive from the game for me is despite probably the worst offensive period I have ever seen the Red Wings manage (3 shots in one period?) and despite an almost equally poor offensive second, we still only lost by one goal.

Looking forward, the biggest positive is of course game 7 is in Detroit. Nice try Penguins, but you've got no shot Friday.

I don't know if you guys just have selective vision when it comes to Hossa, but he's played very well in the defensive end. Pittsburgh seems to be dogging him very closely (much closer than Dats or Zata, even) in the offensive zone, making it hard for him to keep control of the puck.

Yeah, he's not been a Conn Smythe contender like Zata, but he's made solid plays. I could say much worse things about Sammy, Hudler, Homer, etc.

Why everyone continues to rag on Hossa is beyond me.

I think a lot of you guys are way down because they didn't win, which is understandable, I'm certainly not happy with it, but I thought it was a good close hockey game. The Wings made plenty of scoring opportunities and the Pens denied them. That's how it goes. Fleury was much better than he has been and they blocked a ton of shots and were just generally in the way.

Hank and Pavel, in particular, played really strong games, but couldn't quite get it to go.

I'm feeling really confident about game 7. As much as most people around here thought this series was over, realistically you'd have to think Pittsburgh had a much better chance at winning game 6 at home than the Wings did. It would have been nice to win in this game, but whatever. Game 7 is at home. I know the past has zero effect on the present, but when was the last time a road team won game 7 on the road in the playoffs? The crowd will be completely nuts, and you have to figure it's going to give the Wings a huge boost.

Realistically, I think the Wings have about a 75% chance of winning game 7. It is game 7 though, so you never know what will happen.

Edited by Trapt1307

I am feeling totally positive heading into Game 7.

There is no way they were going to let us celebrate in front of their own fans two years in a row. I am so glad we don't have to play in that building anymore because it's a tough place to win. We're heading back to the Joe where we've lost only ONE game, in OT.

Simply by having home ice, we are at a massive advantage.

Let's face it, it just isn't the same when you win the Cup on the road. We should have done it last year, and now we'll have another shot.

I'm feeling really confident about game 7. As much as most people around here thought this series was over, realistically you'd have to think Pittsburgh had a much better chance at winning game 6 at home than the Wings did. It would have been nice to win in this game, but whatever. Game 7 is at home. I know the past has zero effect on the present, but when was the last time a road team won game 7 on the road in the playoffs? The crowd will be completely nuts, and you have to figure it's going to give the Wings a huge boost.

Realistically, I think the Wings have about a 75% chance of winning game 7. It is game 7 though, so you never know what will happen.

Hate to break it to you, but the Pens did it this year, against Washington lol. Blew them away, as a matter of fact.

I'm perfectly calm though. I really didn't think we would win tonight, and we were still thisclose to tying it up. The "old" and "tired" team got stronger as the game went on.

I really like our chances Friday.