• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Casey

A totally calm perspective.

Rate this topic

I'm of course nervous, but i feel good about game 7 as well. Our Offense will be tons better on Friday. Osgood has been playing amazing, so with our offence on its game we shouldnt have a problem. And we of course have home ice which i think is a big advantage. Also hopefully officiating will be fair so that will help us too. LETS GO WINGS

We're heading back to the Joe where we've lost only ONE game, in OT.

Huh. You're right. I didn't even realize that until you pointed it out. 11-1 at home this playoff year. Nice.

Hate to break it to you, but the Pens did it this year, against Washington lol. Blew them away, as a matter of fact.

I'm perfectly calm though. I really didn't think we would win tonight, and we were still thisclose to tying it up. The "old" and "tired" team got stronger as the game went on.

I really like our chances Friday.

I actually meant to say finals, I knew about the Pens and Canes already doing it this year.

In the Finals, off the top of my head, the Canes beat the Oilers at home, the Lightning beat the Flames at home, the Devils beat the Ducks at home, the Avs beat the Devils at home, and the Rangers beat the Canucks at home. When was the last time the road team won game 7 in the Finals? Anybody know?

Edited by Trapt1307

Win or lose, I think that was easily the most exciting game I've watched these playoffs, my heart was on the brink of ripping out of my ribcage. Living proof that LOL WE NEED HUGE NETS SO TEAMS CAN SCORE A DOZEN TIMES A GAME THAT'LL MAKE GAMES EXCITING is bulls***.

Fact of the matter is, Detroit has been playing great against Pittsburgh when they have the advantage of last change even when Datsyuk and Draper weren't on the roster; we saw what happened when they were.

Hate to break it to you, but the Pens did it this year, against Washington lol. Blew them away, as a matter of fact.

I'm perfectly calm though. I really didn't think we would win tonight, and we were still thisclose to tying it up. The "old" and "tired" team got stronger as the game went on.

Did we get stronger or did Pitts just get nervous and start sitting back?

Guess we'll know on Friday.

Osgood was great today... after being outshot so horribly

positive note.... Dinner was absolutely amazing!!! and i can watch game7 from my condo in Boyne Mountain on Friday!

If you seriously think that Detroit is the same team as Washington, you don't watch nearly enough hockey. Capitals threw in a rookie goalie who had two phenomenal games before promptly dying for the rest of the series and no defense whatsoever. Even with last change the Caps didn't have the tools to square up properly against Pittsburgh, the last three Detroit home games have proven the Wings do.

I actually meant to say finals, I knew about the Pens and Canes already doing it this year.

In the Finals, off the top of my head, the Canes beat the Oilers at home, the Lightning beat the Flames at home, the Devils beat the Ducks at home, the Avs beat the Devils at home, and the Rangers beat the Canucks at home. When was the last time the road team won game 7 in the Finals? Anybody know?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the last team to win a game 7 on the road was the 1971 Montreal Canadiens against the Chicago Blackhawks.....

- Ozzy was AMAZING AGAIN

- Draper scored. That alone was nice to see

- Helm. Thats all I have to say about that

- We have home ice advantage

- Lids > Cindy I think we have the better captain to lead the team in a situation like this. Hell, Next to Yzerman I dont think I would rather have ANYONE else lead my team going into a situation like this.

- No points for Malkin and Cindy the past two games

- Flower Hates playing in Det.

- We have the :octo: on our side

See! We got this! Lets go Wings!!!!

Just because I love looking crap up. The home team is 12-2 all time:

Home team wins:

Toronto over Detroit, 1942

Detroit over NY Rangers, 1950

Detroit over Montreal, 1954

Detroit over Montreal, 1955

Toronto over Detroit, 1964

Montreal over Chicago, 1965

Edmonton over Philadelphia, 1987

NY Rangers over Vancouver, 1994

Colorado over New Jersey, 2001

New Jersey over Anaheim, 2003

Tampa Bay over Calgary, 2004

Carolina over Edmonton, 2006

Visiting team wins:

Toronto over Detroit, 1945

Montreal over Chicago, 1971

Positives

1. Z was amazing as usual

2. Ozzie held us in the game

3. Pens didn't really look that great either

4. We lost by one goal and we got our best chances in the last 5 - 10 minutes

5. The officiating again played a role in the game

6. Hossa most likely can sign his $70 million deal with Edmonton this Summer

7. Playing that flat in game 6 should light a fire under their butts for Game 7

8. The JLA Crowd will get to enjoy a Game 7 Home Game Win and a Stanley Cup Celebration on Friday night!!

If you seriously think that Detroit is the same team as Washington, you don't watch nearly enough hockey. Capitals threw in a rookie goalie who had two phenomenal games before promptly dying for the rest of the series and no defense whatsoever. Even with last change the Caps didn't have the tools to square up properly against Pittsburgh, the last three Detroit home games have proven the Wings do.

Oh, I completely agree with you. I just thought it was funny that the team we're trying to beat at home had already won a road game 7 this year. It was slightly funnier before I knew he was just asking about finals.

I'm feeling peaceful right now, same as I did after game 4. I believe, deep down, that they have this. I didn't believe such tonight- something felt off.

How about some positives from tonight?

- Osgood is a beast. If not for the D hanging him out to dry, the Wings might have won.

- Helm was fighting for every puck that entered his ZIP code.

- Datsyuk hasn't lost a step. He was close multiple times.

- Draper scored. How often does that happen?

Ya know, I recorded the game watched it already knowing the outcome. I don't think the Wings play was that bad, I actually thought they generated some serious offense. Sure there were some turn overs and a lot of lucky bounces going the Pens way. I was pleased with the wings play even though the outcome wasn't in out favor! Ozzie was a beast again. Dats was all over the ice making some unreal plays as was Z. Game 7 is ours!

I agree with all of the positives and keeping a good spirit towards game 7, however there is one negative we have to wait until Friday to watch hockey again...ooooo the anticipation is killing me I will not sleep for 2 days.

Another positive, the Accuscore prediction. When they get over half a goal either way, they're very accurate.

AccuScore Winning Percentage (Based on over 10,000 simulations)

38.6%

61.4%

Pittsburgh Penguins Projected Box Score

Goalies Shots Saves %

Marc-Andre Fleury 36.6 33.3 91%

Skaters G A PTS SOG +1 PRF

Evgeni Malkin 0.39 0.64 1.03 3.2 58 -21%

Sidney Crosby 0.35 0.65 1 3 56 -25%

Sergei Gonchar 0.12 0.43 0.56 2.2 40 -22%

Chris Kunitz 0.22 0.27 0.49 2.1 32 -23%

Miroslav Satan 0.22 0.26 0.48 2.2 32 --

Bill Guerin 0.2 0.24 0.44 2.6 29 -20%

Jordan Staal 0.24 0.2 0.44 2.1 28 -17%

Ruslan Fedotenko 0.2 0.23 0.43 1.8 29 -33%

Tyler Kennedy 0.16 0.19 0.35 2.2 24 -20%

Pascal Dupuis 0.12 0.18 0.31 1.9 22 --

Petr Sykora 0.17 0.16 0.33 1.3 21 --

Kris Letang 0.09 0.2 0.3 1.5 22 -43%

Max Talbot 0.12 0.12 0.24 1.2 16 -41%

Philippe Boucher 0.06 0.08 0.14 1.6 11 --

Matt Cooke 0.02 0.03 0.05 0.1 4 --

Brooks Orpik 0 0.02 0.03 0.1 2 --

Hal Gill 0 0.02 0.02 0.1 2 --

OTHER PIT 0.04 0.1 0.15 0.8 0 --

TOTAL 2.7 4 6.7 30

Detroit Red Wings Projected Box Score

Goalies Shots Saves %

Chris Osgood 29.6 26.9 90.9%

Skaters G A PTS SOG +1 PRF

Pavel Datsyuk 0.35 0.59 0.93 3 17 -11%

Marian Hossa 0.49 0.35 0.83 3.9 23 -6%

Henrik Zetterberg 0.39 0.43 0.82 4 20 -20%

Johan Franzen 0.45 0.22 0.67 3.2 21 -24%

Nicklas Lidstrom 0.17 0.51 0.68 2.2 10 -13%

Brian Rafalski 0.13 0.41 0.54 2 7 -26%

Daniel Cleary 0.21 0.3 0.51 2.3 10 -6%

Jiri Hudler 0.2 0.31 0.51 1.8 10 -13%

Niklas Kronwall 0.09 0.39 0.48 1.5 5 -23%

Tomas Holmstrom 0.22 0.25 0.47 1.7 11 10%

Mikael Samuelsson 0.19 0.22 0.41 3.2 10 --

Valtteri Filppula 0.12 0.25 0.37 1.6 6 -39%

Brad Stuart 0.05 0.18 0.23 1.7 3 --

Brett Lebda 0.07 0.11 0.18 1.2 4 --

Kris Draper 0.08 0.09 0.17 1.2 4 --

Jonathan Ericsson 0.06 0.09 0.15 1.6 3 --

Ville Leino 0.05 0.04 0.09 0.1 3 -84%

OTHER DET 0.08 0.07 0.14 0.6 0 --

TOTAL 3.7 4.9 8.2 36.8

3.7-2.7 is a huge predictive spread for them. They're saying we have this.