• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Wing

Here's a thread for all the bandwagon jumpers

Rate this topic

3612340499_98508fd7b9_o.jpg

"We're doomed, DOOMED I say, oh the pain the pain"

Ok, have your pity party in here, Tell us why Hossa sucks. Tell us why Rafalski should be benched. Tell us why they'd be better off with Meech and Chelios playing, fire up and get it off your chests

They'll also be the first to post on Friday that they never doubted the Wings and knew all along they could do it. It gets annoying. Hopefully they'll all vent tonight and get it off their chest.

They'll also be the first to post on Friday that they never doubted the Wings and knew all along they could do it. It gets annoying. Hopefully they'll all vent tonight and get it off their chest.

I agree. Also, some were under the influence of firewater

It is called "tough love" and if anyone is happy with how the Wings played tonight they are not real fans or they are delusional. I am emotionally attached to this team, i stress with every passing day. If someone is just like "ok we lost tonight, we'll take it in game 7, no worries guyzzz" that is seriously f***ed up.

For Christ sake. I've been a die hard wings fan for 15+ years, which was BEFORE the dynasty. I say one negative (albeit TRUE) thing about the team or a game, and I'm a bandwagon jumper? It's ridiculous.

WINGS IN 7!

you happy?

Guest Shoreline

WINGS WILL LOSE.. THEY NEVER WON A GAME 7 AND NEVER WILL /wrists

TRADE LIDSTROM, DATSYUK, FRANZEN, OSGOOD, AND ZETTERBERG FOR HEATLEY, BOOGAARD, COLTON ORR, BRASHEAR, AND BRING UP AARON DOWNEY TO BE THE LEADING SCORER

THIS SOFT EURO TEAM CAN'T WIN ANYTHING, AND OZZIE HAS THE WORST SAVE % IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND

:( :(

WINGS WILL LOSE.. THEY NEVER WON A GAME 7 AND NEVER WILL /wrists

TRADE LIDSTROM, DATSYUK, FRANZEN, OSGOOD, AND ZETTERBERG FOR HEATLEY, BOOGAARD, COLTON ORR, BRASHEAR, AND BRING UP AARON DOWNEY TO BE THE LEADING SCORER

THIS SOFT EURO TEAM CAN'T WIN ANYTHING, AND OZZIE HAS THE WORST SAVE % IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND

:( :(

With all due respect, Shoreline, I don't think that's the general consensus as to why they're losing the games they're losing.

They're losing the games they're losing because they APPEAR to be putting in FAR LESS than maximum effort.

Hell, I'll forgo "maximum effort" and go with "reasonable level of effort".

Deny it.

Refute it.

What say you, Sir?

Tell us how the mighty Pittsburgh Penguins, with a wonky-kneed Sergei Freakin' Gonchar as their BEST Defenseman, and a goaltender who was handing out rebounds like condoms at a Family Planning Clinic, are so good that they held the Defending Stanley Cup Champions, with all of their experience, poise, and 40+ Cup Rings in the room, to TWELVE SHOTS ON GOAL through TWO PERIODS?

Tell us how a Team with a six time Norris Trophy Winner, a couple of Selke Winners, and a Smythe Winner, allows 24 shots, and 16 "Scoring chances" through those same two periods, while garnering 4 "scoring chances" themselves.

Tell us how one of the highest scoring Teams in the NHL for the past 10 years, (INCLUDING THIS PAST YEAR), scores ONE GOAL on a goaltender who looked so damned shaky that he was laughing in nervous near-hysteria after pucks started ringing off the post behind him, and ricocheting around completely out of his control, in the third.

This game was there for the taking. AS WERE Games 3 and 4. The Wings FAILED TO SHOW UP.

Pointing out these FACTS does not make anyone a bandwagon fan, nor a "Nervous Nellie", nor a "Doomsayer".

It makes us, (arguably), somewhat objective observers.

If you've seen some OTHER Wings Team, (perhaps.....dare I say it....???.....The Defending Stanley Cup Champions.....), during this string of incomprehensible losses in HUGE Games this Post Season.....

Kindly submit evidence in support of your point of view.

The evidence in support of the point of view of us "Nervous Nellies" has been well documented. Matter of fact, it's now a matter of historical record.

I think you're just having a hard time accepting that, yes, occasionally the Pens have been a better team than the Wings. Not because of effort; the effort's there, this is the Finals. But rarely is one team better than the other every single night, otherwise the Wings would have swept their way to the Cup, instead of getting into tough, long series with their best opponents (Ducks, Pens), while easily dispatching the weaker ones (BJs, Hawks).

You mention Sergei Gonchar, but what about Rob Scuderi? Did that guy have the game of his life or what? He was clutch in Game 6 the way Hank was clutch on his desperation goal line play in Game 2. Big plays at big times, that's what wins games. The Pens had more in Game 6, so they won. No shame in that. These are two good teams, they're going to trade good chances and opportunities for guys to make big plays. All of that usually makes for close games, which is how 5 out of 6 have gone now, and even Game 5 was in jeopardy til Fleury gave up a softy and then Kronwall put the dagger in 'em.

Not for lack of effort, it's fair that this series will go seven.

I think you're just having a hard time accepting that, yes, occasionally the Pens have been a better team than the Wings. Not because of effort; the effort's there, this is the Finals. But rarely is one team better than the other every single night, otherwise the Wings would have swept their way to the Cup, instead of getting into tough, long series with their best opponents (Ducks, Pens), while easily dispatching the weaker ones (BJs, Hawks).

You mention Sergei Gonchar, but what about Rob Scuderi? Did that guy have the game of his life or what? He was clutch in Game 6 the way Hank was clutch on his desperation goal line play in Game 2. Big plays at big times, that's what wins games. The Pens had more in Game 6, so they won. No shame in that. These are two good teams, they're going to trade good chances and opportunities for guys to make big plays. All of that usually makes for close games, which is how 5 out of 6 have gone now, and even Game 5 was in jeopardy til Fleury gave up a softy and then Kronwall put the dagger in 'em.

Not for lack of effort, it's fair that this series will go seven.

No, he was bush league. I'm sure the Penguins fans would all agree.

I totally agree though. How ******* hard is it to give the Penguins even a modicum of credit? When the Wings lose, hey, newsflash - it's not always because they didn't "show up." That's bulls***. What if the Penguins are good enough to beat the Wings every so often? How goddamn hard is that to accept?

I suspect most of the naysayers and nervous Nellies are the "Wings in 5" crowd that refused to listen when others (LIKE MYSELF, not to blow my own horn or anything) told them it would be a dogfight of a series. Now they have to rationalize the fact that they were wrong, but somehow do it without giving the Penguins any credit for being a good team, so the "Wings don't want the Cup" excuse is what's handy. Well, it's a steaming pile of monkey s***.