• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MississippiWing

Freep Article on Osgood

Rate this topic

He played well enough to win, no doubt.

I really don't like reading comments like this, though:

“You’re asking ‘what happened’ to the wrong guy,†Osgood said afterward.

Maybe it's out of context, but that's kind of a questionable quote, especially given that the GWG wasn't exactly the greatest play in the history of hockey.

Maybe it's out of context, but that's kind of a questionable quote, especially given that the GWG wasn't exactly the greatest play in the history of hockey.

You are right. Ozzy could have probably made both saves. But, there was absolutely no defensive support on the play, and that is completely unacceptable whether it's Chris Osgood, or Martin Brodeur in goal.

Ozzie does sometimes come off as a little arrogant, but we don't know if that's taken out of context or what. He was probably pretty pissed too. I mean the man kept the Wings in it for the first 2 periods. That second goal was crap but there's only so much you can do when your team leaves garbage around the net.

You are right. Ozzy could have probably made both saves. But, there was absolutely no defensive support on the play, and that is completely unacceptable whether it's Chris Osgood, or Martin Brodeur in goal.

I agree completely. I don't know what Samuelsson was thinking, and neither of our D were anywhere to be found. That goal was weak sauce for a lot of reasons.

I just hate seeing quotes like that. There are plenty of ways to answer that question (which I assume was something along the lines of "Chris, what happened tonight?" without essentially saying something along the lines of "Don't ask me. I was amazing."