• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
themule0932

Chance of winning Friday

Rate this topic

I know that most of us are Wings fans here and we expect the Red Wings to win the cup on Friday. I just have one question. I want completely honest answers and not 100% just because you are a Wings fan. On a scale of 0% to 100%, what do you think the Wings chances are of winning on Friday and why. I say it is at about 75% right now. The two penalties that they killed tonight show they can step up if really needed. Pittsburgh has only scored 2 goals in Detroit in the finals so far and the Wings have only lost 1 game at home in the playoffs.

50%

this is the absolute closest betty has been to having crosby raise the cup... you think that will slip by easily???

Edited by OsGOD

I wanna say about 70%. I'm usually not too optimistic so take it for what its worth, but keep in mind, this Pens team has not won the cup yet, whereas the wings just did last year.

God I hope Wings win

85.7%

Home teams are 12-2 in SCF game 7... thus 85.7% chance the Wings take it at home.

If they play half as good as they did in Game 5 those odds just get better.

Ozzie held them to 2 in a must win on their home rink... we lost by one and had some great chances at the end of the game (not to mention some of the chances early on by Dats & Z).

98%.

1) We're 12-1 at home.

2) We only lost in TRIPLE OT.

3) We outscored other teams 43-18 this postseason at home.

4) The Wings know it's do or die. Consider the effort in the Anaheim game 7 times 1000 because they're playing for the Cup.

5) The Joe. Wings fans will be going nuts.

6) Fleury is terrible at the Joe.

7) Datsyuk has been playing insanely well.

I don't see why people keep saying we played absolutley horrible today, I mean really, yes Ozzie kept us in, it's not like we didn' thave our chances. The post, the break away, and its not like Fluery didn't help keep the Pens in either. The Pens were backed up to the wall, we weren't. The crowed was on their side, not ours. They didn't take stupid penalties, they will (if they get down early). With all of that working against us, we still were just one shot away from tying it up, heck just a few inches left, or a couple centimeters low from it going into overtime, now, we know what we need to do to win. We saw their best, but they haven't seen our best.

That was good eh? Made myself feel a ton better

I don't know what to feel about Friday. All I know is I was confused as hell after game 6.

Friday will be THE last game of the season. Emotional engagement, getting started on time, whatever you want to call it should not be a problem... that is, theoretically.

Right now I'm still kind of stunned. I mean... man, game 6, what the hell was that?

66%

I would say 80-85% but have a feeling the refs are gonna try to swing it.

btw, for the people actually gonna attend, make sure to start a "ref you suck" or "bulls***" chant when applicable.

I don't see why people keep saying we played absolutley horrible today, I mean really, yes Ozzie kept us in, it's not like we didn' thave our chances. The post, the break away, and its not like Fluery didn't help keep the Pens in either. The Pens were backed up to the wall, we weren't. The crowed was on their side, not ours. They didn't take stupid penalties, they will (if they get down early). With all of that working against us, we still were just one shot away from tying it up, heck just a few inches left, or a couple centimeters low from it going into overtime, now, we know what we need to do to win. We saw their best, but they haven't seen our best.

wings didnt play good for the first 40 mins. they played bad in the first, better in the 2nd. came on in the 3rd but of course they had to cuz they were getting desperate.

rly hope the wings win.

50%

this is the absolute closest betty has been to having crosby raise the cup... you think that will slip by easily???

^^This^^

And before anyone starts poo-poohing the idea of a 'bias' toward Pittsburgh:

The NATIONAL MEDIA has commented on it.

The Wings Players have commented on it.

The Wings Coaching/Management have commented on it.

The ANNOUNCERS on NBC, CBC and VS have commented on it.

It's not altogether some crazy conspiracy theory concocted out of whole cloth in the heads of us tinfoil hat wearing sonsabitches.

90%

86% because 12 out of 14 teams have won the Cup at home when it went to 7 games

4% from the Awesome Fan Team-Motivating Factor (tm... and totally legit)

The 10% that could let it slip away is Gary Bettman Ref Schmoozing (also tm, and possibly legit). The Wings will be motivated with 20,066 red sweaters screaming for a victory, so only the referees and GB karma can make it slip away!! =P

66%

I would say 80-85% but have a feeling the refs are gonna try to swing it.

btw, for the people actually gonna attend, make sure to start a "ref you suck" or "bulls***" chant when applicable.

I love the wings, but if the refs swing another game the nhl can kiss my ass and the money I spend on nhl network, center ice, thn mag, jerseys, trips to games etc goodbye. It is one thing to loose and still feel good about it because of a real battle and another to loose and know it was tilted on purpose or not, 2 games this series have had that happen already, I won't be able to tolerate a third.

Fair officiating Wings Win - 85%

Biased, timley calls for drama - 50%

Edited by talex

You made me feel better, too! Good job! :)

100%.

Detroit has an amazing opportunity here. Win the cup for the second year in a row at home in front of all the fans who had been waiting for Lidstrom to hoist it since game five last year.

Detroit will not squander this chance to shut the media up. To stop the doubts about the Red Wing dynasty. To stop the nonsense that Sidney Crosby is the NHL. To stop the "unstoppable" Evgeni Malkin and show everyone why the Red Wings are great every year.

This is Detroit's to lose. And I'll be damned if they don't act like they are the best team in the world on Friday. Because this is the ******* Detroit Red Wings. They are hockey. They are what all teams dream of being. And they are going to win that Stanley Cup in front of their home crowd because they don't know anything else but that.

I'm pretty sure of a win.

When the Pens play their absolute best at home. They beat us by 1 or two goals, while we often score the first 1 or 2.

When we play our absolute best at home. We shut/blow out the Pens by 5.