• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
themule0932

Chance of winning Friday

Rate this topic

Our fans are too classy.

But I'll say this. The NHL is run like a ******* country club up in those offices. They rescind legit penalties. They ignore the truly best players and exciting teams in the league. And instead try and create a face for the game in a ass like Crosby. Their refs. We could go on and on ...

Best thing to happen.

Biggest statement we as fans can make is to walk out right at games end if Bettman indeed finishes up these playoffs as he has wanted all along.

Get up.

And walk out booing.

Let him announce the winner to an empty building!!

Even being a lawyer, he just could not explain it away and would be embarrassed as f*** that that is occurring on live TV.

Goo Wings!!

nice thought but i doubt NothingButCrosby would allow that to be shown on national tv... they would go to a recap of all the stuff the Pens did right this series and then end with a zoom in of Crosby holding the cup... only after they got the pens fans in attendance to line the glass so it looks sorta filled in there.

I don't know how you guys can be so calm?

I also think we'll win, but it's game 7 of the SCF for crying out loud. This is the one game of the year where we should all panic.

Anything can happen Friday night. I just hope we score first, or else I'll probably flip out in front of my TV.

nailbiting.gif

Edited by OsGOD

Im going to go with 60%, Because....just like others have stated, this is the closest the NHL has gotten to the Crosby getting the cup...they wont let this go by without a fight.

With that said, what do you think the % chance is of Bettman getting hit in the face with a :octo: while handing the cup over?

I don't know how you guys can be so calm?

I also think we'll win, but it's game 7 of the SCF for crying out loud. This is the one game of the year where we should all panic.

Anything can happen Friday night. I just hope we score first, or else I'll probably flip out in front of my TV.

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm fairly calm mainly because I didn't emotionally invest myself in anticipating a game 6 win.

If the whole season and these playoffs have proven one thing about the Wings, it's that they always play their best in must-win situations, and this is as must-win as it gets. Add in the facts that Detroit's been virtually unbeatable at home, momentum has counted for nothing all series, Detroit has been very effective against Pittsburgh when they're in control of the matchups, and even on their home ice against a team that largely mailed in the game Pittsburgh barely eked a must-win game. Yeah it's a Game 7 but the Wings fought all season for home ice advantage precisely for this kind of insurance situation and their record has shown they're making good use of it. If Babcock keeps playing his lines right I think there's a pretty good chance Detroit's going to grind out the win.

Edited by Cern

If it weren't for the refs, we wouldn't be in a game 7. I think they will clean their act up and call a fair game on Friday. Bettman wanted a game 7 for revenue and ratings. Plus, he's trying to give Cindy, his butt plug, the cup.

Either way, I like the stress that the gave 7 brings. The true spirit of hockey comes out (most of the time) and the fact that the cup winning team needs to beat the other team by four games is the point of the playoffs. The refs took one game from us and we gave the Pens two--our bad. The Boys will win on Friday night at home and Nick will hoist the cup for his hometown fans to see. I wish I could be there, but I will be happy to watch it at home with my kiddos.

Go Wings.

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm fairly calm mainly because I didn't emotionally invest myself in anticipating a game 6 win.

Same here...I really thought we had very little shot at game 6, so it didn't do too much to shatter my confidence when we lost.

Honestly though, I have no idea how to feel about this. Nobody under about 60 has seen the Wings in this situation before, where one game either wins the Cup or eliminates you. I'm scared to death and excited as hell at the same time.

I'm thinking around 75%, based on next to nothing. That's the number that popped into my head when I first saw the question.

i don't have a number for the peace i feel. hockey at the joe this time of the year is something that would wake anyone out of a haze... the fans' motivation and energy is something these players thrive on, meaning they seal the deal.

home does make a difference. people can have you believe different all they want but the numbers don't lie.

advantage detroit.

The only reason Pitt would win is it goes to OT.

We better have a quick lead just like in game 5. I'd like a Wings/Avs 2002 scenario with all the Wings roster scoring and Crosby crying.

We better have a quick lead just like in game 5. I'd like a Wings/Avs 2002 scenario with all the Wings roster scoring and Crosby crying.

OT would be a disaster. I've even thought about the possibility of it happening. That won't be good on the nerves.

Also, I hope it won't be as close as our game 7 earlier against Anaheim. We were fortunate to win that game since we looked gassed in the 3rd.

i have absolutely no doubt the Wings will step up and win game 7. reason: TOP TO BOTTOM THEY ARE BETTER IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY, and also... I trust the Stanley Cup to Pavel. He won't let us down.

stats dont mean anything right now i know were 12 -1 at home but that doesnt mean anything if we dont show up the 1-2nd peroid it has gotta be a all out effort cause there gonna want it too.i wanna say 100 percent but realistically 70 percent game seven stanley cup finals can go any way LETS GO RED WINGS

im liking the chances. i was a little doubtful yesterday but i was just angry that we didnt close it out. we only lost by one goal, but of course, it was a big goal. we were close, and played extremely tight d, maybe a little too much d and not enough offense. i think the last change will be crucial. babcock is very good at sorting the lines and getting who needs to be on the ice out there. the crowd will be pumped, and i hope all of us will be channeling everything we got to them. if we keep the defense we played yesterday up, with more offense, i think we have a great chance to win. its the last game of the year, i hope they play like that and give 110%. its do or die wings!! show no regard for your personal safety and light the freaking lamp. i also think if we score first, that will greatly increase our chances.

Edited by j.hoop

Will the refs be the same? I was at games 1-2 & 6. The Refs at the Joe were ok, but McCreary was brutal last night...there will always be missed and bad calls but he literally put the whistle away when the Pens had the puck.

WTF?

Do people really feel this confident about the Wings winning, or is that just how they WANT to feel? I wish I could be this confident, but I'm a nervous wreck.

EDIT: But after reading this thread, it always makes me feel that much better... so thank you

Edited by chelios4eva

EDIT: But after reading this thread, it always makes me feel that much better... so thank you

That's one reason I made this thread is so that we will all be a little more comfortable about Friday.

This just in, on PTI, both Wilbon and the other guy (forgot the name) predicted the Pens to win game 7, that should increase the Wings chances by what? 10... 20%?

Wilbon and Cornheiser don't know squat about hockey just like everyone else on ESPN.

This just in, on PTI, both Wilbon and the other guy (forgot the name) predicted the Pens to win game 7, that should increase the Wings chances by what? 10... 20%?

The funny thing is they both picked the Wings before the series started.

IMO, I have to go with an 85% chance given the following things happen:

1. Coming out strong in the first period and not just floating around looking confused.

2. Less turnovers(esp ones that lead to a 2-on-1 or a breakaway) at the blue line and in our own zone/tight defense and getting to those rebounds.

3. Shutting down Crosby and Malkin, but keeping an eye on players like Staal, Talbot, Letang and sometimes pigface er I mean Kennedy(also Gonchar when they are on the PP)

4. Trying not to pull unnecessary penalties and if said happens, being better on the PK like the glimpse we got in game 5.

5. Crash the net. Fleury will save the shot each time if you shoot it right at him. Go to the top shelf or the five hole and get to those rebounds. He's horrible at saving them and screen screen screen. We saw how effective that was in game 5.

6. More minutes being on the offensive and take it to them in their own zone.

Also, we're at the Joe. Doesn't get much better than that. We'll have the crowd and our, ahem "spring boards" as many rooting for the opposing team say that the Joe has.

And if Osgood keeps playing the way he has especially in last night's game, we should have no problems taking the cup.

GO WINGS!!!

Guest tini

Im gonna say about 75 percent. It really depends on how they start in my opinion. Also...we are gonna be home so, I guess we'll see.