• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
themule0932

Chance of winning Friday

Rate this topic

Will the refs be the same? I was at games 1-2 & 6. The Refs at the Joe were ok, but McCreary was brutal last night...there will always be missed and bad calls but he literally put the whistle away when the Pens had the puck.

WTF?

There is a reason I call him Blind Bill McCreary, and nothing else, ever...

100%.

Detroit has an amazing opportunity here. Win the cup for the second year in a row at home in front of all the fans who had been waiting for Lidstrom to hoist it since game five last year.

Detroit will not squander this chance to shut the media up. To stop the doubts about the Red Wing dynasty. To stop the nonsense that Sidney Crosby is the NHL. To stop the "unstoppable" Evgeni Malkin and show everyone why the Red Wings are great every year.

This is Detroit's to lose. And I'll be damned if they don't act like they are the best team in the world on Friday. Because this is the ******* Detroit Red Wings. They are hockey. They are what all teams dream of being. And they are going to win that Stanley Cup in front of their home crowd because they don't know anything else but that.

Oh therefore Penguins have no opinion in the matter? If they play as s*** tomorrow, then as they made in game 5 after this which somehow a precept to Redwing sublimity?

Guest Architeuthis

Your chances are better that your high school graduation rate :siren:

21.7%

For the stats guys

Pens are 4-0 in Game 7's on the road

08-09: Caps

00-01: Sabres

98-99: Devils

91-92: Caps

Edited by Architeuthis

I'd say they've got maybe a 30 or 40 per cent chance at winning on Friday. The Wings are the better team, and they're going to have the home crowd behind them, but the Penguins have the league behind them and in a tight game, that makes all the difference. Also, Detroit is clearly really banged up. If they don't put Pittsburgh away early, I don't think they have much of a shot. And, unfortunately because Pittsburgh will get all the calls and because they do have firepower, even if the Wings go up big early they'll need to play really hard to maintain the lead. It just seems like the Penguins are hungrier, too.

So I'm not exactly confident.

21.7%

For the stats guys

0-0 against Western teams, evidently.

See, I can use irrelevant stats too!

21.7%

For the stats guys

Learn how to spell before you start making fun of other people's educational skills.

;)

21.7%

For the stats guys

What the hell are you bringing up these dusty old stats for? Pretty dumb. As for THIS SERIES, home ice is all that counts. We got it, so we got it.

Oh therefore Penguins have no opinion in the matter? If they play as s*** tomorrow, then as they made in game 5 after this which somehow a precept to Redwing sublimity?

If you can't deal with someone thinking Detroit is going to win with 100% certainty, frankly you can f*** off.

And learn grammar. You aren't making sense.

90%

I think home-ice advantage is HUGE!!!! I think Detroit is confident playing in their own place and they have the advantage when it comes to lines and such. They use the boards to their advantage. MAF has played horribly in JLA. If he plays anything like he has in the past...Detroit wins this game easy.

Ozzie knows he is up for the Con Smythe. He is going to show up and be a brick wall. He is going to be calm, cool, and collected. The Wings know what is at stake. They know that Red Wing fans will die before they see another team raise the cup in JLA. The fans will be loud and will be behind the wings all night.

The only thing that scares me is that the refs and the NHL are going to try to even this out with unfair penaltys. I think it is going to be close at first but the wings take over in the 2nd and 3rd and win this thing 4-2(with one EN goal)

Back your team ladies and gents. Don't be cocky, be confident. There is a huge difference.

LETS GO WINGS!!!!! I HAVE FAITH IN THE BOYS TO LIFT THE CUP UP FOR ALL THOSE AT JLA!

Ozzie knows that winning the Cup and playing a dominant game on Friday, which would guarantee his Smythe, silences most of the doubters regarding him and the HOF. That will be a big factor in the result in Game 7, and Detroit will win by a few goals. As I have said in other threads, though...look for Hudler to explode; at least 3 points.

96%.

Edited by eva unit zero

98%.

1) We're 12-1 at home.

2) We only lost in TRIPLE OT.

3) We outscored other teams 43-18 this postseason at home.

4) The Wings know it's do or die. Consider the effort in the Anaheim game 7 times 1000 because they're playing for the Cup.

5) The Joe. Wings fans will be going nuts.

6) Fleury is terrible at the Joe.

7) Datsyuk has been playing insanely well.

I said 40 to 1 or 97.5% chance of winning

43-18 overall doesn't sound nearly as impressive as 11-2 at home this series... though the point is taken.

The Pens have snapped before and I expect will do so again.

This isn't a matter of chance -- Detroit is the better team -- its a matter of all the things the would have to go wrong (unexpectedly so) for them to end up losing.

PS. I think my number is very realistic.

Ozzie knows he is up for the Con Smythe. He is going to show up and be a brick wall. He is going to be calm, cool, and collected.

I'll do you one better--this is the kind of career-defining game that could swing anyone who still doubts his HOF worthiness. Win another Cup as starter, win a Conn Smythe (it's his if we win, no question) AND do it with a dominating SCF game 7? What else would anyone need at that point?

He'll be huge for us, because he's always huge for us.

Edit: Damn, looks like eva and I are in agreement. I thought I was being freaking insightful by bringing up HOF. :rolleyes:

Edited by C-TownWing

Im bumping my earlier confidence level of 75% up to about 85% just because everyone else is so confident. Everyone elses' confidence just reassures and strengthens my confidence.

Edit: Make that 90% because it's fate. My username is the mule and I was post #93. Coincidence? I think not.

Edited by themule0932

If we're going to assume that the Wings have been bored, even with the playoffs, that whole "we've been there before" attitude, then this game should be interesting to them. Only Rafi has played a Game 7 for the Stanley Cup itself.

I have a split decision.

Fair calls from refs

15% chance if the wings dont step it up Friday.

95% chance if the wings show up to win.

unfair calls from refs

50% chance if the wings show up but the refs make bad calls/non calls

0% chance if wings dont step it up AND the refs make bad calls/non calls

I'm upping my estimate from 98% to 100%.

Babcock is the ultimate motivator:

"This is (how) you spend your whole life when you're a kid, at least in Canada," Babcock said. "You're dreaming of scoring the game-winning goal of Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals.

"Now, you've got it. Play and have some fun."

Taken from this article.

Bylsma, on the other hand, has told the Pens they "must play to win".

Pens are going to be so high-strung it's gonna be ridiculous, while the Wings are just gonna be ridiculously pumped to play.

Add that to the home ice and the crowd at the Joe, and this is in the bag.

I wanna say about 70%. I'm usually not too optimistic so take it for what its worth, but keep in mind, this Pens team has not won the cup yet, whereas the wings just did last year.

God I hope Wings win

I am 99.9% sure,there is that slite chanch that the pens could pull a rabbit out of the hat but I know the Wings they are gonna fight like hell.And they will eat the rabbit raw..lol