• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FedorovMan91

The list I want to see from the Wings

Rate this topic

I just posted the Wings have no sense of urgency and play flat. I still like our chances to win on friday and lift the cup in front of the home crowd. To begin, I think the Pens were far better in game 4 and 6. What I have been confuising is that the Wings' lost is from their laziness or being outplayed. From fans' views, it surely looks the Wings do not show up or play lazy butI think the Pens were just better teams in game 4 and 6. I have not been a hockey fan as much as you guys but here is the wish list I want from the Wings in game 7:

1) Score first

In the series against the Jackets, we always scored first. The situation when you trail back and when you lead by a goal or more are totally different. Since the start of the Ducks' series, we have played 18 games. In those 18 games, we scored the first goal 7 times but allowed a goal 11 times. Previously, it was acceptable because we still had more ways to go. However, on friday game 7, I think we have to score first. If I see the Pens team, they are young so they ride into the momentum quicker than we do. We are more likely veteran teams so I think it is necessary for us to score first and play the hockey with the leading, not by trailing.

2) PP units

Last season, our PP 1st unit was Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom with Lidstrom-Rafalski. The thing I liked in the change was Cleary came into the line because Holmstrom has been invisible for the playoff. However, the thing I do not like is the presence of Samuelsson on the point of the defense. If I remember correctly, Babcock uses Samuelsson on the PP shift time as the defense. Surely, his right handed stick must help the PP situation but he never scored PP in this playoff if I remember correctly. I think putting Lebda over Ericsson is better also because Ericsson does not look comfortable on PP units; he does not control the puck from the board well but Lebda looks better than him.

3) Forecheck

We are the puck possession team so we do not have forechecks as the team plays dump and chase style but more forechecks directly means you can make a pressure on other teams to turn over the puck or give away the puck. In game 6, the Wings have done no forecheck. Helm was the only guy who looked to go out and hit the body and played physical forechecking.

4) Hossa

I have been waiting for this guy to step up and make a statement he chose the right team. So far in this series, what has he done? I am not complaining his points paper, goal paper, assist paper, or the other. He does not pass the puck. Same pattern every game. Drives the puck behind the net and gets knocked down by the Pens' defense. I am not bringing up the thread of bashing Europeans players. Some are tough, some are soft, depends on players. But he looks try to do too much by himself. Is it a pressure or what?

Again, I am not bashing anything but my opinions. Hopefully LGW members will post more on my thread :)

I guess I agree with most of what you said. The things I would add to the list are:

1) Create more opportunities. We were outshot tonight 21-7 in the first two periods. Many times it was because we tried a cute pass instead of taking a shot. Put the puck on net dammit.

2) Cut it out with the stupid turnovers. It's driving me f***in nuts.

3) somehow, someway, put Abdelkader in the lineup. Even if he only plays 5 minutes, he adds energy to our bench, which we seem to need after being consistently one step behind tonight

4) someone punch Tyler Kennedy in the ******* mouth.