• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Nightfall

If the Pens pull this off on Friday....

Rate this topic

then don't get pissed when you get banned for trolling. sorry brother.

Nothing about how I am posting is trolling. This board needs to learn what trolling is. Calling out a poster on a ridiculous post or idea is not trolling. Posting a mocking reply that is on topic and lacing it with some funny barbs is not trolling.

You tend to claim trolling when you don't like what another poster has to say.

Technically, you are trolling me more than I am trolling the board.

But, I can deal with it.

While the are the best team in hockey, playing on home ice, and for the most important trophy in all of sports you are correct. I'll give the Pens a roughly 1 in 40 chance of coming out on top, but I can't get any more honest than that, and as for lucky bounces didn't you notice the two or three lucky ones the Pens got today. Why would you think they are due any more?

I am friends with some Pens fans, and I know even more people who would like to see them lose, but Friday isn't the day.

I give them a 1 in 10 chance at coming out on top. The wings 11-1 record in the post season is huge. Pens record on the road is 6-6. Still, game 7 where anything can and will happen.....

Nothing about how I am posting is trolling. This board needs to learn what trolling is. Calling out a poster on a ridiculous post or idea is not trolling. Posting a mocking reply that is on topic and lacing it with some funny barbs is not trolling.

But, I can deal with it.

i am a pens fan thru and thru, but anyone one can see you bait at EVERY OPPORTUNITY. just like dino.

wtf!! hahahahaha

I would not, could not, in a box.

I could not, would not, with a fox.

I will not eat them with a mouse.

I will not eat them in a house.

I will not eat them here or there.

I will not eat them anywhere.

I do not eat green eggs and ham.

I do not like them, Sam-I-am.

I would not, could not, get sent to the box.

I could not, would not, because Bettman is a fox

I will not take a silly dive

I will not fail to slash on a power play drive

I will not worry 'bout here nor there

I will not 'bout a cross checking care

Because I know the Pens have a man

That has a cup win already in the can

But, I can deal with it.

i guess you aren't very smart.

let me post this again for you....read it more slowly this time

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

Great post. I intend to do the same if the Wings win.

see FC...this is a hockey fan posting. although his head is a little bigger from the pens wins...he still has respect for the wings and their fans on their forum.

he is giving us a bad name ha ha.

don't worry..we know whos who on here.

i guess you aren't very smart.

let me post this again for you....read it more slowly this time

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]

Ok. So my intent is not to disrupt and I am posting on-topic and relevent replies (that you personally don't like), so I am not a troll. Maybe you should reread the definition; as quickly as you like.

While the Wings did not look in any way interested for most of last nights game, and while the Pens might be a team to enjoy - if they weren't constantly being shoved down our throats by the NHL, I do have one request of the fans at The Joe on Friday night.

Please behave badly during the award ceremonies - especially if the Pens win. The Wings are too classy to complain, but it doesn't mean we have to be. Most of us are so sick of Bettman and his meddling ways, that he deserves to approach going into the Joe with much trepidation. From his "phantom suspension" bending of the rules, to his scheduling trickery (do you think for one minute that if Crosby or Malkin had been injured and Pav been healthy, that Bettman would have been in such a hurry to move up the beginning of the finals?), I would like nothing better than to not be able to hear Bettman for all of the boos cascading from the stands - and if he had to duck a few times, so much the better.

Give the winners the respect they deserve, but give Bettman nothing!

Ok. So my intent is not to disrupt and I am posting on-topic and relevent replies (that you personally don't like), so I am not a troll. Maybe you should reread the definition; as quickly as you like.

go through your posts again and then read the definition....you even have other pens fans calling you out.

wow we have a winner here.

....then I will be f$cking pissed!

I don't know how much NHL hockey I'll be watching next year either, the ads were bad enough this year when Crosby lost in the cup finals, he wins it they'll have him walking on water..

How about if the Wings pull this off on Friday???

Guest micah
While the are the best team in hockey, playing on home ice, and for the most important trophy in all of sports you are correct. I'll give the Pens a roughly 1 in 40 chance of coming out on top, but I can't get any more honest than that, and as for lucky bounces didn't you notice the two or three lucky ones the Pens got today. Why would you think they are due any more?

Are you serious? I think the Wings will win to, but one-in-forty? Wow.

I'll bet you that the Pens win. If the wings win, I send you $25. If the Pens win, you send me $750. That should be a no-brainer for you, I'm offering you a 30-1 payout on what you guess to be 40-1 odds. Please please please please please say yes!

go through your posts again and then read the definition....you even have other pens fans calling you out.

wow we have a winner here.

Let me walk you through this, little guy.

Step One: Wings Fan praises Pens if they win.

Step Two: Wings Fan claims Bettman is in on a fix.

Step Three: I relply about the Bettman claim --on topic and relevent to the discussion.

P.S. As for the other Pens fan calling me out? So what? Just because he likes the same team as me doesn't mean he is the voice of reason. Who knows he might be as dumb as you (looks that way).

Step Four: You and other chase me for what you call trolling -- Off topic and not relevent to the discussion and my relevent replies.

You see who is trolling? I bet you don't.

Instead of derailing this thread even more, PM me if you would like to discuss it further. You might possibly learn a thing or two, dummy.

Edited by Flintstone Cicarelli

Are you serious? I think the Wings will win to, but one-in-forty? Wow.

I'll bet you that the Pens win. If the wings win, I send you $25. If the Pens win, you send me $750. That should be a no-brainer for you, I'm offering you a 30-1 payout on what you guess to be 40-1 odds. Please please please please please say yes!

Every time I have actually made a bet on the Wings its been a jinx. I literally mean every time, so I have stopped.

Tue Jan 20, 2009 Red Wings Coyotes 3 - 6 L

That one had money riding on it a few different ways, and I was looking to be $300 richer, but ended up $60 poorer.

So, like I said: I'm done.

PS. It would probably cost you at least 20 bucks just send the money to me, and it would be missing when it got here.

Just wanted to say that regardless of the outcome, this has been a series of the ages. Great, great series with two great teams.

I will outright admit I'm jealous of the Wings, and how great they have been over the last 15 years. And I only hope the Pens could have the same success you guys have had, and I hope that begins on Friday with our first Cup win in 17 years.

I still think you guys have the advantage, obviously being at home. You guys seem unstoppable up there.

Hopefully we get a lucky bounce or two and win it.

Regardless, good luck (not too much luck) and hopefully its a great back and forth game.

The original OP: If the Pens pull this off on Friday....,

We, as DRW fans, will have the notion stuck in our face that Dan Byslma is a better Head Coach than Mike Babcock; and, no matter how you cut it, that is simply not the case.

as a pens fan, why would you think people would question coaching stature? byslma is first time, half season coach???

One bad bounce could be all it takes and we're due for some bounces after our rotten luck in games 1 and 2.

Malkin's "automatic" suspension taken away after game 2 when it is clearly in the rulebook

Missed too-many-men call in game 3 and from what I heard, the ref told the extra player to get off

Short-handed goal in game 4

Look like you already had enough lucky breaks. Don't expect more.