• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Nightfall

If the Pens pull this off on Friday....

Rate this topic

If the Pens pull this off on Friday...., I will NEVER EVER WATCH HOCKEY AGAIN! this coming from a 30 year hockey/red wing fan. Yes I too am a sore loser.. cannot take Crosby skating with Cup at The Joe in Game 7. This is just too much!!! I dont care if we lose, but not in the finals and surely not in Game 7 and most of all at HOME!

1) referees of SCF really sucks and all the world see it,ok...

2) but DRW in almost 3 games was outplayed by Pens

3) Yesterday we had a great chance to finish the season and we have absolutely thrown away playing like girls! ok last 10 minutes we have terrorized the Pens but not enough!

I remain absolutely convinced that detroit is stronger and that we will play Friday at 70% of our potential we can bring on 12th Stanley Cup but is really hard...

another theory: Please I do not want to hear that Crosby is the next Gretzky..Please Respect For The Great One!!!

Malkin's "automatic" suspension taken away after game 2 when it is clearly in the rulebook

Missed too-many-men call in game 3 and from what I heard, the ref told the extra player to get off

Short-handed goal in game 4

Look like you already had enough lucky breaks. Don't expect more.

Zetterberg's TWO uncalled covering the puck in the crease: Games 1 and 2. 'member them?

Zetterberg's TWO uncalled covering the puck in the crease: Games 1 and 2. 'member them?

Yeah but I'm not the one claiming we're "due" for any more lucky breaks.

And plus say what you want about game 1. That could have gone either way. But in game 2, he did what you would expect any two-way player to do which is block the puck. This is old news though so why discuss it?

Yeah but I'm not the one claiming we're "due" for any more lucky breaks.

And plus say what you want about game 1. That could have gone either way. But in game 2, he did what you would expect any two-way player to do which is block the puck. This is old news though so why discuss it?

I brought up "old news" to add perspective the the "old news" you brought up. Sure, Z did what anyone would do, it is still a penalty that is supposed to result in a penalty shot. I'd say it not getting called twice is as lucky or luckier than any thing you listed. Plus, seeing as how both might have turned Red Wing home wins into possible losses in a series that hasn't seen a road win; I'd say those two lucky breaks are huge.

I forgot about the huge NHL conspiracy against the Red Wings, my bad.

You do know you brought up "old news" first, right?

I brought up "old news" to add perspective the the "old news" you brought up. Sure, Z did what anyone would do, it is still a penalty that is supposed to result in a penalty shot. I'd say it not getting called twice is as lucky or luckier than any thing you listed. Plus, seeing as how both might have turned Red Wing home wins into possible losses in a series that hasn't seen a road win; I'd say those two lucky breaks are huge.

I forgot about the huge NHL conspiracy against the Red Wings, my bad.

You do know you brought up "old news" first, right?

Seriously, stop. You are embarrassing. The "old news" was brought to your attention to show you that you are not just "due" for lucky breaks and you already had some so you need to stop complaining. So please let it go.

Seriously, stop. You are embarrassing. The "old news" was brought to your attention to show you that you are not just "due" for lucky breaks and you already had some so you need to stop complaining. So please let it go.

On-Topic: As a Pens fan, I'm just glad the Wings weren't skating around on Pitt ice last night...Again. I'm also glad the Pens are playing well and giving the Wings a tough challenge. It's good to see them grow and improve. I'm excited to watch these Pens for years to come. I don't know what to expect on Friday. Anything can surely happen, but the Pens haven't done anything at all in Detroit yet, so this one will be tough. Regardless of what happens on Friday night, there is no shame in getting to Game 7 of the SCF.

Off-Topic: Flintstone, you sound a bit ignorant on this forum. If you were over in The Pens Forum running your mouth like that, you'd be banned quickly, regardless of what team you like. But you say you don't go to Pens forums, and that's probably because you have nothing intelligent to contribute. Why don't you go back to the kiddie table, and let the grown-ups in here talk?

First off, let me say that I am a Wings fan.

At the same time, I am also a hockey fan. I love the sport of hockey. I play rec league 3 times a week, I watch the NHL Center Ice package, and I go to many minor league hockey games through the course of the year. Hockey is the greatest sport on the face of the planet, and I couldn't be happier watching the greatest players in the world playing in the NHL.

If the Pens do pull this off on Friday, I am going to be the first to give them huge props. Here is a team that spit in the eye of every stat out there. When the media said they weren't coming back from a 2-0 deficit, they kept working.

41 of 44 teams that win the first 2 games go on to win the series? Bah! The Pens can do it!

Over 80% of teams that win game 5 when the series is tied 2-2 win the series? What hooey! The Pens can do it!

12 of 14 game 7s in the Finals have went to the home team? Not today boys! The Pens can do it!

They won every game at Mellon Arena. The Wings played lazy in game 4 and game 6, especially game 6. Talk about a chance to close out a team and you play lazy for 40 minutes. If the Wings piss this opportunity away they have no one to blame but themselves.

In the end, if the Pens win game 7, I am going to congratulate them. I will watch the celebration and as a hockey fan I am going to be happy for them. They deserved it. While the masses here on this forum and other Wings fans that I know will be calling out conspiracy theories and bad reffing, they will be avoiding where the real blame should be put.

On the Wings themselves.

The Wings fans will realize that their team had their shot and failed because of lazy uninspired play about 3-4 months later when the new season starts up. It will be a summer of blame pointed at every other figure and thats just not right.

So if the Pens do pull this off, give them the props they deserve. They bucked the odds and did what they needed to do to take the series. The least you could do is give them a little respect.

+5 and extremely well put!

The Pens have battled back and shown mental toughness the whole playoffs, particularly in the Capitals series. I'm personally proud of them now no matter what happens Friday Night. Here's to a classic for the ages!

+5 and extremely well put!

The Pens have battled back and shown mental toughness the whole playoffs, particularly in the Capitals series. I'm personally proud of them now no matter what happens Friday Night. Here's to a classic for the ages!

I never for the life of me thought I would be agreeing with a rational Pens fan.

Cheers! Here is to hoping for a great Game 7. I know we both want our respective teams to win, but to know that there are rational fans out there that see beyond their own bias is refreshing.

I refuse to give the Pens any credit other than their game 4 win. In my opinion, the Wings have given the Pens 2 games. Bounces have gone both ways, calls have gone both ways, but one thing stays consistent: The Pens cannot hang with the Wings when they decide to play. I doubt the Wings will let Friday's game slip away, but if they do, its only a place holder for the Wings again in 2010.

I think the Wings showing in game 6 was awful. On a general hockey scale it wasn't terrible. But its game 6 of the finals with a chance to finish it off and that's what they show. They had no jump. They had no sense of urgency. Other than Hank, Datsyuk and their energy line, nobody showed up to play.

Last night the Wings hit the switch all us fans know they have. They turned it off.

I cannot explain why but they did not play for the first 50 minutes of the game. Only Ozzie played the full 60 minutes.

Now saying that I have no doubt the Wings will win game 7. They were out played badly all game and still only lost by one goal.

Wings in 7. I cannot explain why the Wings did not show up last night, it was very disappointing but kind of expected at least from my end. They tend to take games off for some reason. It will be very hard to wait till friday. The Wings are the better team when they decided to play. The Pens played great yesterday, I have to give them credit but lets face it, the Wings did not bring their A game. Plain and simple.

Will I give props to the Pens if they win? Sure but I will not be able to watch Hockey next year because they will show crosby with the cup non stop and I cannot stand Crosby.

Malkin is a better player then Crosby, Dats is a better player then Crosby, Zett is a better player then Crosby. I can keep going and going but you get the point. Crosby is overrated, the most overrated player in the league bar non.

Edited by Red4wings4life

Although I do think the Pengs got away with what could have been penalties. I also think the refs were consistent with letting the players play as long as they were clean hits. I have no real complaints, the pens beat the wings last night. And that's the way I prefer it if the wings lose. If the wings are going to lose I want them to get beat by their opponents and not the refs.

With that said, there are no two hockey players I have more faith in than Hank and Pavel. I hope the rest of the team shows up this time. Hank and Pavel always shows up regardless of the situation.

I cannot explain why the Wings did not show up last night

I don't believe in it being due to them not showing up. Seemed as though they played just as hard in game 6 as they had in 5.

I refuse to give the Pens any credit other than their game 4 win. In my opinion, the Wings have given the Pens 2 games. Bounces have gone both ways, calls have gone both ways, but one thing stays consistent: The Pens cannot hang with the Wings when they decide to play. I doubt the Wings will let Friday's game slip away, but if they do, its only a place holder for the Wings again in 2010.

Anytime you give the other team 2 games and they win one on their own is enough to push the series to 7 games. If the Pens lose game 7, they will know that they gave it their best run and it just wasn't in the cards for them this year. If the wings lose game 7, they will spend the summer kicking themselves for the one that got away. They had this series from the time the puck was dropped in game 1, but lazy uninspired play in 2 games gave the Pens 2 more wins than they should have had.

I certainly hope the wings come out on fire on Friday and win a hard fought game. I certainly hope that they find that switch and turn it on and LEAVE IT ON all game long. If the Pens do pull it out though, you have to hand it to them. The Wings would have given them this series and the cup as a result on a silver platter.