• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

thegreat66

No one wants this cup more than Crosby

Rate this topic

You have to realizethe drive of someone like Sydney Crosby. Throw the home ice out the window- the fact the Penguins have not won in Detroit yet just makes me more confident they will on Friday- law of averages fellas. And I have to tell you- life is sort of like the stock market- when conventional wisdom is so certain of a particular outcome you can almost bet the opposite is going to happen. I was listening to a talkshow the other day and Clark Gillies and some others were guests essentially saying Detroit was a lock to win it. LOL, this is the plot twist I was telling you about. It's just not in the cards for Detroit this year- a 1 game season to win the Cup!! Are you kidding me!?

So much for Pens not being able to win with Dats in the lineup. Bottom line- Crosby wants this thing more than Zetterberg or anyone on Detroit. Sid is coming to Detroit and he's bringing hell with him!!

Bottom line- Crosby wants this thing more than Zetterberg or anyone on Detroit.

You must be a psychic since you know what every player is thinking. :rolleyes:

You have to realizethe drive of someone like Sydney Crosby. Throw the home ice out the window- the fact the Penguins have not won in Detroit yet just makes me more confident they will on Friday- law of averages fellas. And I have to tell you- life is sort of like the stock market- when conventional wisdom is so certain of a particular outcome you can almost bet the opposite is going to happen. I was listening to a talkshow the other day and Clark Gillies and some others were guests essentially saying Detroit was a lock to win it. LOL, this is the plot twist I was telling you about. It's just not in the cards for Detroit this year- a 1 game season to win the Cup!! Are you kidding me!?

So much for Pens not being able to win with Dats in the lineup. Bottom line- Crosby wants this thing more than Zetterberg or anyone on Detroit. Sid is coming to Detroit and he's bringing hell with him!!

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion."

so do you see that anywhere in your post?

"Throw the home ice out the window- the fact the Penguins have not won in Detroit yet just makes me more confident they will on Friday- law of averages fellas."

"this is the plot twist I was telling you about. It's just not in the cards for Detroit this year- a 1 game season to win the Cup!! Are you kidding me!? "

"So much for Pens not being able to win with Dats in the lineup. Bottom line- Crosby wants this thing more than Zetterberg or anyone on Detroit. Sid is coming to Detroit and he's bringing hell with him!!"

i would say that passes for trolling

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

I didn't know posting logical assertions is "trolling". No offense taken, I'll chalk it up to emotions running high this time of year.

Nothing in your post can even be remotely compared to a "logical assertion" (which it would seem you don't know the meaning of) but is instead opinion -- in its entirety. To think you can suggest for even a moment that there is a way to prove "who wants it more" is beyond ludicrous, though I have problem with the fact people speculate about such subjects; I do have a problem with the way in which you have tempered it.

How about these logical assertions:

Detroit is the best hockey team in hockey today, check.

Detroit has outscored the Pens 10 - 2 on home ice, check.

The last game in Detroit the Penguins unraveled into a team not worthy of the playoff, much like they were most of the season.

I hope you stick around after your team loses, but I seriously doubt that would happen.

I was banned from the Pens board I joined last year, because I complained nobody wanted serious discussion of hockey there anymore.

If you don't want to be perceived as a troll, post some proof; as it stands you are one.

It's hard to disagree. The Pens are going to extreme lengths to get the cup. Blatant slashing. Obvious tripping. Undeniable elbows to the head. All the things the league and Bettman have said won't be tolerated....are being tolerated, if it's the Pens committing the infraction.

The refs usually put the whistle in thier pockets in the Finals, but can anyone deny that the Pens are getting away with murder. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but what is one to think when such liberties are taken and not held accountable?

Sure, Cindy and the boys want the cup real bad. The only difference between their method of attaining it and the Wings method is class. The goonery must make Y'all proud.

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion."

so do you see that anywhere in your post?

"Throw the home ice out the window- the fact the Penguins have not won in Detroit yet just makes me more confident they will on Friday- law of averages fellas."

"this is the plot twist I was telling you about. It's just not in the cards for Detroit this year- a 1 game season to win the Cup!! Are you kidding me!? "

"So much for Pens not being able to win with Dats in the lineup. Bottom line- Crosby wants this thing more than Zetterberg or anyone on Detroit. Sid is coming to Detroit and he's bringing hell with him!!"

i would say that passes for trolling

Not to mention that those inflammatory remarks in no way follow the thread as described. Didn't he say, "No one wants it more than Crosby."

Though I suppose its possible he meant to say, "No one wants this to be over more than Crosby," or something like that since he hasn't really specified the "it'" to which Crosby wants.

Either way, I'm sure I've already give the troll more than he deserved.

o yea he sure wants the cup bad doesnt he, hes putting up great numbers to help his team out. how about we put zetterberg on him again and if he wants it so bad then he can get around him. he is supose to be the next great one right?

Meanwhile, back at letsgopens.com:

thegreat66: Oh you guys you should totally have seen it. I went over to the Wings forum and totally laid the smack down. I told them nobody wants this cup more than Sid. It was sweet. I totally told them what was up.

AND I did it all on the home computer before I went to school

Meanwhile, back at letsgopens.com:

thegreat66: Oh you guys you should totally have seen it. I went over to the Wings forum and totally laid the smack down. I told them nobody wants this cup more than Sid. It was sweet. I totally told them what was up.

AND I did it all on the home computer before I went to school

god i want to go over there and give them crap but i probably shouldnt

user name probably thegreat40 haha

Hmmm it appears as though all the Pens fans are the board again. Welcome back! What happened between Game 5 and 6? So typical of Pittsburgh people. Yesterday, not a single person talked about the game, now its what EVERYBODY wants to talk about.

Hmmm it appears as though all the Pens fans are the board again. Welcome back! What happened between Game 5 and 6? So typical of Pittsburgh people. Yesterday, not a single person talked about the game, now its what EVERYBODY wants to talk about.

I was here Saturday night after the beating and started the thread titled "another plot twist- Pens in 7". Don't call me Nostradomus yet but it's looking less crazy than it did Saturday.

They were all busy going to the store to return their jerseys. Of course they bought them all back this morning.

I think bettman wants to win this cup too.

and i am sure that Pierre Mcguire and Crosby will have many goew moments with that cup as well.

If you could really read Sindeys mind you would know the cup he seeks isn't the stanley but a cup that comes in a mini for his jock strap. And yes, I'm a mind reader and that is what he really wants. Get your facts straight before you post.

All in fun...Go Wings!!!

Edit: Sp

Edited by Spinner