• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Greetings from Blueland

Source of my Optimism

Rate this topic

Analyzing this last game, my optimism lies with this consoling fact:

Pittsburgh probably played that game with the most fire, intensity, and passion that they could - they gave it their all - and I was simply not too impressed. On the other hand, Detroit played lethargic all through the first 45 minutes of the game, and still managed to keep it a 2-1 game. I am confident that Detroit will deliver when necessary, as they have countless times in the past, and they themselves will give Pittsburgh their best play of the season. The reason we lost game 6 is because Pittsburgh came to win, and Detroit came to simply "not lose." This will not happen in Game 7.

In short, my logic:

Detroit's best > Pittsburgh's best

Just like with game 5, if the Wings can't bring their best performance for game 7, then they don't deserve to win the cup. That being said, I'm confident that they will play much better than they did last night and lift the cup for the home crowd. :thumbup:

Detroit played lethargic all through the first 45 minutes of the game, and still managed to keep it a 2-1 game.

did they not realize they were playing for the stanley cup???? seemed like they thought they were entitled. have some intensity when you play. as bad as i thought they played they were still in it until the pens 2nd goal. then the wings started playing in the third, like they just realized this is for everything.

just come out and play like that!!!!

In my mind, there are several reasons to be optimistic that we'll keep the Cup at home on Friday:

- Crosby and Malkin have been held pointless since Datsyuk's return.

- Our PK has improved over the last few games.

- Osgood has been nothing short of mind-blastingly awesome.

- We're playing Game 7 at HOME.

The biggest point I want to make is that this is a Stanley Cup Final Game 7 and not simply a series elimination game. In all respect to the Pens team, I just don't think they have the "put down" capabilities to overcome this team in a game of this magnitude and even the guys they brought in to give their team some experience (Guerin, Kunitz) haven't even been factors.

Both teams are obviously going to have some nerves going into this game, but I firmly believe that the Wings will not only win, but they'll once again demonstrate why they are the champs.

GO WINGS GO!!!

I do agree, but I am still respectful of what Pitts can bring. We know they can be beaten, and we know they can bring a whole lot to the game. It will be a great game, and if we are firing on all cyclinders..... Look out Pengs you are going home very unhappy.

Our "meh" is better than their good. Our good is better than their better. Our better is better than their best. Our best is the best in the world.

I'm calling it. 4-1 Detroit.

No one really argues that the Pens are the better team when both teams are at their best. The problem this season has been the Wings have a tendency to fall asleep at the wheel. They've escaped so far, but there are no makeup games to fall back on. They need to show up and play like they did in Game 5, or even like they did for the lats half of last night, but they need to do it for a full game.

The Wings have grit and heart. As long as they realize they're in a Game 7 the Wings should win.

Guest Shoreline

Good topic. Nice idea to stay optimistic, especially when there's so many topics of swirling negativity right now. :thumbup:

Game 7's can come down to a single bounce, a single broken stick, and/or a single puck off a skate. I believe that, all things being equal, Detroit is the better team, but the better team can't control sticks, pucks, and bounces. No optimism here, only guarded hope. While it's not exactly a coin flip, i believe each have the upper hand in certain things, making this as close to one as you can get.

Source of optimism? When this team wants to, they can play 60 minutes of hockey better than anyone in the world. Problem being sometimes they act like they don't want to but that won't be the case Friday.

But if you can't get up for a game 7, you shouldn't be playing the game.

on sheer talent Detroit should win this game, the problem I have is game 7's ANYTHING can happen and I'm not a huge fan of that. I'm hoping for another game 5 showing. We were close to tying the game on 3 different occasions though.

on sheer talent Detroit should win this game, the problem I have is game 7's ANYTHING can happen and I'm not a huge fan of that. I'm hoping for another game 5 showing. We were close to tying the game on 3 different occasions though.

Yes, anything can happen, but the better team will win. It's like poker (as much as I hate poker) where the better players, statistically, win more often, regardless of the high amount of chance involved. If Detroit truly is the better team, bad refereeing, bad bounces, and bad luck should not affect the outcome. You make your own luck (I hate the clichés, but you have to admit, they're true).

All the Red Wings need to do is play tried and true Red Wings hockey. In Game 6, they did not do that, and look at the result.

With all of the Red Wings' "experience" that everyone was touting in the previews to this series, this is where it will show.