• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rangerfan

Refs favor Crosby Malkin

Rate this topic

I am a Ranger fan who deals with the Penguins all year. The Refs/NHL clearly favors the big name stars when it comes to calls. The same thing happens with Ovechkin and the Caps. The Wings got screwed last night on many calls. Goaltender interference was a joke in the 1st. The NBC announcers on 2 separate occasions last night stated that the Pens got away with interference calls. I hate to say it Wings Fans but you are not only battling the Pens but also the officials and the NHL who would like nothing more than to have the Crosby/Malkin Pens hoist the Cup. Good Luck and Go Wings

I am a Ranger fan who deals with the Penguins all year. The Refs/NHL clearly favors the big name stars when it comes to calls. The same thing happens with Ovechkin and the Caps. The Wings got screwed last night on many calls. Goaltender interference was a joke in the 1st. The NBC announcers on 2 separate occasions last night stated that the Pens got away with interference calls. I hate to say it Wings Fans but you are not only battling the Pens but also the officials and the NHL who would like nothing more than to have the Crosby/Malkin Pens hoist the Cup. Good Luck and Go Wings

THANK YOU. It's hard for me to tell sometimes because I'm a little biased as a wings fan, but I thought Hal Gill and Orpick were interfering all night long! And the Z call on goalie interefernce was hog wash!

LOL! I want what you're smoking. Here is something for you my faithful Ranger fan- don't blame others for your shortcomings.

THANK YOU. It's hard for me to tell sometimes because I'm a little biased as a wings fan, but I thought Hal Gill and Orpick were interfering all night long! And the Z call on goalie interefernce was hog wash!

True. But it goes both ways. How do you feel about Hudler holding Gill's stick when Draper scored his goal last night?

There's blatant inconsistency both ways. Lets just leave it at that.

"You gotta be willing to take the hits- and NOT pointing fingers saying you're not where you want to be because of him or her or ANYBODY! Cowards do that!!!!"

Sorry for elimination last year but no reason to bake up conspiracy theories.

Oh boy... now Rangers fans showing up here to whine? Uh, I guess you missed Saturday Night's whistle party, when the Pens were called for about more penalties in one game than the Wings have been all series?

Guess maybe you also missed the announcers talking about the goalie interference Detroit got away with at the end of the game? But I guess you had the sound off at that point.

Just like the Rangers only lose to the Pens because of the refs huh?

No this guy isn't biased now, is he?

Hey, believe in The Conspiracy if it makes you feel better -- but a blankey and a cup of warm cocoa will do the same.

Just a tip for ya.

Edited by BewareThePenguin

Really- this stuff about the league fixing things for Crosby and Malkin is beyond laughable. As if they would potentially de-legitimize their product with the association of scandal to promote Crosby and Malkin. People are crazy- especially Ranger fans- LOL

True. But it goes both ways. How do you feel about Hudler holding Gill's stick when Draper scored his goal last night?

There's blatant inconsistency both ways. Lets just leave it at that.

Almost as inconsistent as Rangers fan in his observations.

Guess you missed the stick hold too, huh Rangers fan?

Edited by BewareThePenguin

Oh boy... now Rangers fans showing up here to whine? Uh, I guess you missed Saturday Night's whistle party, when the Pens were called for about more penalties in one game than the Wings have been all series?

Guess maybe you also missed the announcers talking about the goalie interference Detroit got away with at the end of the game? But I guess you had the sound off at that point.

Hey, believe in The Conspiracy if it makes you feel better -- but a blankey and a cup of warm cocoa will do the same.

Just a tip for ya.

You cannot tell me all of the calls against pittsburgh were not well deserved. Elbow to the head of franzen, slashing Hank, hacking at injured Datsyuk's ankle, blatant hook on hossa?

I don't know about conspiracies or anything, but the refs had been dismal for both sides the entire series. I don't think I have ever seen a series officiated so poorly in my life. Zetterberg's glove save, Malkin's rescinded suspension, countless noncalls, and a number of the calls were late whistles, quick whistles on free pucks, etc. Just about every game a new officiating catastrophe occurs, yet most of the Wings and Pens fans can at least admit that when they lose its because of a lack of effort, not poor officiating. Apparently the Rangers fans are a different story.

Guest Shoreline
I don't know about conspiracies or anything, but the refs had been dismal for both sides the entire series. I don't think I have ever seen a series officiated so poorly in my life. Zetterberg's glove save, Malkin's rescinded suspension, countless noncalls, and a number of the calls were late whistles, quick whistles on free pucks, etc. Just about every game a new officiating catastrophe occurs, yet most of the Wings and Pens fans can at least admit that when they lose its because of a lack of effort, not poor officiating. Apparently the Rangers fans are a different story.

Dunno how many times I thought to myself, as well, "damn, the boys got away with one".

What's weird to me is when the Wings play such an abysmal game, there's so many out there to blame the refs for it. The refs are horrible and everyone knows it. However, they don't "favor Crosby and Malkin" as is so much tossed around here like the 9/11 conspiracy kool-aid.

Me as a Ranger fan too, I am here as guest on a Red Wings forum and I noticed a selective group of other fans register an account when they playing the Detroit Red Wings. Nothing wrong with that with fans as Duckguy, and some other fans, but I notice you only talk a lot of bullsh*t and b*tching all the freaking time. You know it is not a b*tching forum, but a discussion forum (so if you just keep that in mind) and why all the aggressive attitude? You jealous or something? That is why people is disliking the Penguins, people like you and Crosby keep whining and nagging.

Saying that the refs stealing games is too overreacting. There been made a lot of errors on both side, maybe the worst one was the 21 seconds 6-man on ice on Pens side. Red Wings just have to win their home game and there is no problem.

Come on Red Wings!!!

@ shoreline LOL, and quite true!

Edited by Vladimir316

I hate this nonsense. :ranting:

Leave it to a Rags fan to come in here and start ANOTHER thread about officials.

Yes, we know... they're inconsistent.

AND We know a lot better than you because the Wings, unlike the Rags are still ******* playing.

...but there's no goddamned conspiracy in the NHL to have Crosby win a ******* cup... this is not the NBA.

Idiocy! :ranting:

AND while I'm at it... a big middle finger to the ******* Yankees fans too. You whiny ass ******* had the bar that I was hanging at change the channel so you all could watch your team continue to LOSE in the sixth inning. They were already losing, they continued to lose, and eventually lost. Meanwhile, there was a pretty good hockey game going on and I had to go home to watch the third. :ranting: :ranting:

Uh, I guess you missed Saturday Night's whistle party, when the Pens were called for about more penalties in one game than the Wings have been all series?

I keep reading this "Whistle party" crap from Pens. The Pens were playing like a pack of thugs taking cheap shot after cheap shot. They deserved to be penalized. Pens fans make it out like the refs were picking on them or something. When you act like a goon, you get called. I would think playing the Flyers six times a year, you would know this already.

Just a tip for ya.

This current thread aside....the Penguins deserved each and every one of those calls. They lost their composure, plain and simple. As for last night, calls were made and missed on both sides. I have no problem with it as long as there's consistency.

Just a tip for ya.

Please don’t attack people visiting OUR board. If he would have posted this on the Pens board, go ahead and tear him up, and then of course, go ahead and ban him.

And if you’ve been watching… the Pens got called for penalties in game five because the committed penalties in game five… did ya notice ?!

As for the announcers, they compared Z’s goalie interference to the one the Pens had Saturday. They missed the point the Z did not through a shoulder after the initial contact nor was he heading in the direction of the goalie prior to contact… did ya miss that to.

As for the calls last night, that is not why the Wings lost. The main reason (sadly) was a killer save by Fleury. However, I cannot argue with the OP, his points are accurate.

Guest Shoreline
As for the calls last night, that is not why the Wings lost. The main reason (sadly) was a killer save by Fleury. However, I cannot argue with the OP, his points are accurate.

No they're not. He uses a few situations where the Pens should have been called, ignoring Kronner interferences, holdings, and hooking, and many other non-calls both ways to make an incorrect and biased assertion that the refs favor the Wings. The points suck and have no objective standing.

Edited by Shoreline

the Pens got called for penalties in game five because the committed penalties in game five… did ya notice ?!

As for the announcers, they compared Z’s goalie interference to the one the Pens had Saturday. They missed the point the Z did not through a shoulder after the initial contact nor was he heading in the direction of the goalie prior to contact… did ya miss that to.

Pens fans see what they want. Most of them were outraged about Hossa bumping into Garon in the third period of Game 5, meanwhile Crosby and Malkin both take cheap shots against Z and Franzen, Talbot slashes Datsyuk with a clear attempt to injure and Kunitz flat out assaults Darren Helm.

Edited by xtrememachine1