• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rangerfan

Refs favor Crosby Malkin

Rate this topic

I am a Ranger fan who deals with the Penguins all year. The Refs/NHL clearly favors the big name stars when it comes to calls. The same thing happens with Ovechkin and the Caps. The Wings got screwed last night on many calls. Goaltender interference was a joke in the 1st. The NBC announcers on 2 separate occasions last night stated that the Pens got away with interference calls. I hate to say it Wings Fans but you are not only battling the Pens but also the officials and the NHL who would like nothing more than to have the Crosby/Malkin Pens hoist the Cup. Good Luck and Go Wings

He exactly is angry that they they are inserted with the bunch of stiffs as Gomez which NO ONE will want on its wage and doomed in order to be weak command for the next years.

Please don’t attack people visiting OUR board. If he would have posted this on the Pens board, go ahead and tear him up, and then of course, go ahead and ban him.

And if you’ve been watching… the Pens got called for penalties in game five because the committed penalties in game five… did ya notice ?!

As for the announcers, they compared Z’s goalie interference to the one the Pens had Saturday. They missed the point the Z did not through a shoulder after the initial contact nor was he heading in the direction of the goalie prior to contact… did ya miss that to.

As for the calls last night, that is not why the Wings lost. The main reason (sadly) was a killer save by Fleury. However, I cannot argue with the OP, his points are accurate.

You agree with some Rangers fan and his claim that the Pens get all the calls -- well knock me over with a feather!

Some bitter fan comes on this board clearly with an axe to grind about the Pens, and you want to crown him the King of Objectivity. Pardon me if I don't agree with the concept. And guilty or not, we just come off a game where the Pens get nailed TWELVE times by the refs -- yeah that'll support the ol' "Bettman favors the Pens" theory, huh?

You guys complain about all the Pens fans being here -- well at least we have a reason to, right now. Then some Rangers fan comes over here to do nothing but start a whine thread -- but it's OK for that outsider to be here, 'cuz he's saying what you want to hear right? Yeah real objective source you have there...

I guarantee you Ducks fans are saying the same thing about the Wings getting the calls and non-calls this series -- and I guarantee you'd give any of them the "sore loser" treatment if they posted over here about it. To them, YOU'RE Bettman's team. Likewise, this Rangers dude's just mad the Pens own his team, and he doesn't have Crosby or Malkin on his roster. It's as simple as that.

Edited by BewareThePenguin

He exactly is angry that they they are inserted with the bunch of stiffs as Gomez which NO ONE will want on its wage and doomed in order to be weak command for the next years.

Correction? "He is angry that they are stuck with a bunch of stiffs such as Gomez, which NO ONE will want on their cap-hit, and are doomed to be a weak team for the next couple years.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Oh boy... now Rangers fans showing up here to whine? Uh, I guess you missed Saturday Night's whistle party, when the Pens were called for about more penalties in one game than the Wings have been all series?

Guess maybe you also missed the announcers talking about the goalie interference Detroit got away with at the end of the game? But I guess you had the sound off at that point.

Just like the Rangers only lose to the Pens because of the refs huh?

No this guy isn't biased now, is he?

Hey, believe in The Conspiracy if it makes you feel better -- but a blankey and a cup of warm cocoa will do the same.

Just a tip for ya.

Not that I agree with the OP. But get off of it. The majority of the calls the Pens took in that game were blatant, retarded acts by the Pens players taken out of frustration. Don't make it seem like they got called for a bunch of obstruction or hooks or holds that had not been getting called all series long.

No, they called for losing their cool. They got called for open ice slashes in direct sight of the refs. They got called for dropping their gloves and throwing punches when the Wing player never dropped his gloves. They got called (Dupuis) for being careless and hitting Kronwall in the side of the head with his elbow/forearm, 20 feet in front of the ref.

Game 5 was lopsided and the Pens were trying to rough it up for almost half the game. Whenever a team does that they end up taking a s***load more penalties than the team dominating on the scoreboard.

So please strike any comments about game 5 from the official "who got called for more PIM's" discussion. It's bogus. Just like it was against Chicago when we blew them out of a game and Versteeg and Eager got 30 minutes in misconducts and the rest of the Hawks were running around trying to send messages.

As for the officiating, I don't really mind it that much at all. I think more calls could be made against both teams. I think both teams are being allowed to play. The only thing I did not like was Chris Kunitz appeared to leave his feet on 3 hits last night and not 1 call. Oh well, them's the breaks. In the end both teams had some PP chances so can't complain too much.

They won A game and feel the need let everyone on the other side know about it.

Actually, they won three games. Three of the last four games, in fact. But, I don't think you need a Pens fan to point that out. Do you?

Actually, they won three games. Three of the last four games, in fact. But, I don't think you need a Pens fan to point that out. Do you?

You won three games? Wow! :rolleyes:

Where were all the Pens fans after they got their heads handed to them in Game 5? Twenty four hours ago, nobody was talking about the Pens in Pittsburgh and there wasn't any Pens fans on this board. They win A game and all of a sudden everyone is a Pens fan again and they're all over Red Wings message boards.

Oh and the Pens are 0-3 and have been outscored 11-2 in the Joe in this series. But I don't think you need a Wings fan to point that out. Do you?

You won three games? Wow! :rolleyes:

Where were all the Pens fans after they got their heads handed to them in Game 5? Twenty four hours ago, nobody was talking about the Pens in Pittsburgh and there wasn't any Pens fans on this board. They win A game and all of a sudden everyone is a Pens fan again and they're all over Red Wings message boards.

Oh and the Pens are 0-3 and have been outscored 11-2 in the Joe in this series. But I don't think you need a Wings fan to point that out. Do you?

I was hear after game 5 and had some of my threads deleted by the mods. Saying the same thing now I said then- Pens in 7.

actually, what i cant believe is that it took you guys this long to figure it out.

bettman got the officials union bosses together and the decision was made..

"The pens shall get ALL calls" he pontificated, "now gather your minions."

so all the referees, linesmen, goal judges, replay officials and toronto replay officials gathered in a secret chamber beneath the vatican.

"The pens shall get ALL calls" he repeated in a thunderous godly voice

............but dont tell anyone

Edited by reggiedunlop

No they're not. He uses a few situations where the Pens should have been called, ignoring Kronner interferences, holdings, and hooking, and many other non-calls both ways to make an incorrect and biased assertion that the refs favor the Wings. The points suck and have no objective standing.

Sorry, my wording may not have been the best. I was not agreeing with him. My minor point was that what he said was his opinion. As opinions go I have seen a lot worse. Unless someone’s opinion is totally F’ed I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt; and I don’t want some Pens fans chasing him off a Redwings board.

MY major point was that the refs were not the reason we lost. The Pens earned the win; I look forward to a great game seven.

Sorry, my wording may not have been the best. I was not agreeing with him. My minor point was that what he said was his opinion. As opinions go I have seen a lot worse. Unless someone’s opinion is totally F’ed I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt; and I don’t want some Pens fans chasing him off a Redwings board.

MY major point was that the refs were not the reason we lost. The Pens earned the win; I look forward to a great game seven.

Where did you see anyone try to "chase" him off the board -- as if we'd have the nerve.

He posted an inflammatory statement, and I called him out for it -- kind of like, you know, what happens to me when I do so by the locals (or so I'm told). But chasing? Nah.

I am a Ranger fan who deals with the Penguins all year. The Refs/NHL clearly favors the big name stars when it comes to calls. The same thing happens with Ovechkin and the Caps. The Wings got screwed last night on many calls. Goaltender interference was a joke in the 1st. The NBC announcers on 2 separate occasions last night stated that the Pens got away with interference calls. I hate to say it Wings Fans but you are not only battling the Pens but also the officials and the NHL who would like nothing more than to have the Crosby/Malkin Pens hoist the Cup. Good Luck and Go Wings

Yet the Pens found a way to win the series.

The officiating is horrible. Period. Favoritism is a fantasy in the losing fan's head.

Yet the Pens found a way to win the series.

The officiating is horrible. Period. Favoritism is a fantasy in the losing fan's head.

You guys are funny...first off I am totally aware of the fact that both the Caps and the Pens are better clubs than my Rangers and that is the reason we lost, period. But just like in the NBA where stars like Kobe, Jordan etc. get the benifit on the whistles the same thing happens in the NHL. I am a long time Hockey fan who also played the game. I also don't really care all that much who wins this series although I am routing for the Wings moreso than the Pens. IMO the officiating is slanted towards the high profile player/team. Crosby is the leagues golden child- he sells more jerseys and attract more young fans than any other player. If you don't think the NHL stands to gain by having the Pens win then you are crazy. That being said I never stated that there was a conspiracy that the league and all the officials secretly met and agreed upon this but they are all well aware of the benifits of having the Pens win and that can translate into favorable calls. I watched the Pens skate around for close to 25 seconds with 6 men, no call. how does that happen? The hit on Z last night was vicious and well after the puck was gone. Absolutly no attempt to play the puck. In my opinion the Wings have been on the short end of the stick with calls in this series. Because I played the game I also don't make excuses for losing because of bad calls. You have to factor that into your game and work your way through it. My statement remains that in addition to fighting the Pens for the cup ypu are also going to have to fight the whistle.

The Wings got screwed on many calls?? Did you watch the 3rd period and see them get 2 power play chances within minutes of one another after the Wings had scored their first goal to cut it to 2-1 and had all the momentum?? The Wings had a man advantage for 5 out of the final 10 minutes of the game if you count the two powerplays and when they pulled Osgood to get the extra attacker. The call on Guerin where Draper fell before he even touched him and grabbed his face was the most ridiculous thing Ive seen in a long time...

The call on Guerin where Draper fell before he even touched him and grabbed his face was the most ridiculous thing Ive seen in a long time...

Game 4 wasn't that long ago. In case you missed it:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Guest Shoreline
Totally impossible that refs and leagues unfairly influence games right?

"During the NBA finals, Donaghy said in a court filing that the league routinely encouraged refs to ring up bogus fouls to manipulate results, while discouraging them from calling technical fouls on star players."

Crooked NBA ref gets 15 months in prison

esteef

If I recall correctly both Malkin and Crosby have been penalized. How many penalties have Z, Lidstrom, and Dats taken?

Usually there's some sort of evidence to suggest something is true rather than suggest it may be true merely because it's not impossible. That would be horrendous logic.

Edited by Shoreline