• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jmad

who's going to the game?

Rate this topic

I'll be in the upper bowl, with my little sister, cheering on the Wings.

We moved to Chicago when we were kids but are still huge Wings fans. Does anyone have a good recommendation for dinner before the game?

Theres some good places around/in Greektown. If you don't hit hockeytown in time head down over to Greektown. A few of us have favored well going to Fishbone and making our way to the Joe will stopping at the occasional establishment to get a ginger ale or two.

I'll be in the upper bowl, with my little sister, cheering on the Wings.

We moved to Chicago when we were kids but are still huge Wings fans. Does anyone have a good recommendation for dinner before the game?

Section 221, Row 12. What part of Chicago/Burbs are you in? I'm south burbs. If you haven't been to the Joe, there's not a whole lot around it, besides Canada.

Wait...no one goes to Nemo's anymore? What gives?

http://www.nemosdetroit.com/

Great burgers, liquid refreshments, and a shuttle (read: converted school buses) to and from the game?

We used to ALWAYS park there, eat, grab a couple of beers, one for the road (they let you take it on the bus) and head to the game. Easiest way I ever found...

Me and my hockey buddy are going to the game. I cant wait. Its going to be awesome.

We usually go down around 1pm and move around a little. Hockeytown Cafe, Chelis chilly, Fleetwood diner. There is also a Hardrock Cafe and a few other little places around Hockeytown. Always end back up at Hockeytown Cafe for awesome food and great service.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P

I hope Pens fans don't get to buy any tickets to go to the Joe. JLA should have something like the Igloo does and check IDs so they don't sell to opposing fans.

No.Pens.Fans at the Joe please. thx

not going to make it back to the D so please somebody hammer down a dozen coneys for me before the game..all they have is chil dogs in Florida and it sucks.....can't beleive Detroit gets such a bad rap....its heaven this time of year pure heaven!

I want to go so bad. I got bored and discovered that for $1312 I could get a cheap seat, a round trip flight from a small airport near me to Detroit, and 2 night's hotel stay in some sleazy motel.

Now I just need $1312

Actually, when I go to a Wings game, I enjoy Pizzapopulous in Greektown. They have the best deep dish pizza and coming from Chicago, you should enjoy it too. I put it a little better than Lou Malnattas. Make sure you show up early because it takes a while for the pizza to bake. Good luck and go Wings!

I want to go so bad. I got bored and discovered that for $1312 I could get a cheap seat, a round trip flight from a small airport near me to Detroit, and 2 night's hotel stay in some sleazy motel.

Now I just need $1312

Never too late to sell your body. After all, this is Game #7 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

Edited by Mike

Just found out that I will be going to Game #7. This will mean that I have been to every home playoff game this year. I cannot get enough of it. Go Wings!

Section 221, Row 12. What part of Chicago/Burbs are you in? I'm south burbs. If you haven't been to the Joe, there's not a whole lot around it, besides Canada.

i'm in Chicago, my sister is in Downers Grove and my parents are further out west in Wonder Lake. we get back to Detroit once or twice a year but don't spend much time downtime.