• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Drake_Marcus

How can anyone blame the Refs for any of the Wings' losses?

Rate this topic

I wouldn't call the 2nd period the end of the game.. and the blowout didn't come before the penalties, it was the result of them. 3 of the Wings 5 goals came from those penalties in the 2nd. The Hawks game 4 isn't even close to how this one played out.

Point is the game was an example of how penalties were heavily in the Wings favor. Out of 3 Wings wins.. that's how they got 1 of them. Regardless of who thinks what was a good call in this series that game really stands out as being dictated by the whiste, and it hated the Pens that night.

So what you're saying is that the Pens should not have been called for gooning it up? Or did you want the refs to start calling some make-up calls against the team that was not gooning it up? The Pens acted like two year olds in that game. And it cost them. Maybe next time they will learn to not commit those penalties.

The Penguins threw that game only down 3 goals and with more than half the game left. it was over at that point (so I was thinking it was the 'end' of the game).

That game played out almost exactly like the Chicago game 4 -- both teams completely lost their composure and started going after wings players (and were called for it).

The penalties were heavily in the Wings favor because Pittsburgh was gooning it up starting midway through the second and well into the third - or did you miss that part?

You are clinging on to a terrible example.

I'm not going to blame the outcome of game 5 on penalties.. Pens should have kept playing the way they did in the 1st. It's just an example of a game where nothing in the penalty department went in their favor. Since so many are nit-picking the series apart it seemed odd game 5 wasn't being mentioned. It is 1 of the 3 wins the Wings have and had more calls than any other game so far.

Sorry but that's not what interference is. The last player to carry the puck is still considered "in possession" for several seconds, or until it's snagged by another player. They're allowed to be hit. It's just plain hockey to prevent dump ins like that.. and if the Pens have learned the art of it from anyone it's the Wings. That little tug-n-mug happens on both sides of the ice all game long and it's legit.

No, what I referred to is most definitely interference. I didn't say they hit the puck dumping forward, I said after the dump they grabbed the forward to prevent him skating around them, which is textbook interference.

No, what I referred to is most definitely interference. I didn't say they hit the puck dumping forward, I said after the dump they grabbed the forward to prevent him skating around them, which is textbook interference.

The standard of officiating has be terrible in the playoffs, especially with regards to how interference is called. The refs refused to call obvious interference (especially when it comes to how defensemen block the leading forward from entering the zone after he dumps the puck in).

Whichever you're trying to say.. either way it's nothing the Wings haven't been doing. This threads not for crying about the refs though, right?

Edited by Mcquade