• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
10 Minute Misconduct

Who is gonna chicken out?

Rate this topic

I nearly quit watching yesterday... if the refs let the Pens interfere as much as game 6... I might have a heart attack. I'll quit watching then.

That combined with the Pens "Let's make a tight circle around our own net" defense... Really makes for a frustrating hockey game. So much so... Yeah, I might not watch part of it.

Edited by pavyaz19

Nope, ain't no way in hell I'm watching a a game seven in a SCF game, expecially if my favorite team is playing. You couldn't pay me enough to even consider taping it on Tevo to watch the Wings lift the cup over and over again. And don't ask me to wear my jersey either, or my SCC hat from last year. And you're dead on, I should probably pull the stickers of the back of my cars too....

why on earth would you not watch game 7... its a hockey game???????

i can understand if you have to work but to simply not watching it because you were feeling uneasy.... holy smokes

I wont chicken out, but I might not be able to watch it. 2 hour drives from London to my house suck sometimes. If i do drive home I should be back just in time for the 2nd or 3rd

Nope, ain't no way in hell I'm watching a a game seven in a SCF game, expecially if my favorite team is playing. You couldn't pay me enough to even consider taping it on Tevo to watch the Wings lift the cup over and over again. And don't ask me to wear my jersey either, or my SCC hat from last year. And you're dead on, I should probably pull the stickers of the back of my cars too....

Maybe you don't understand what the OP is saying...

I am definitely going to watch it. There's no way I wouldn't unless I had to work which is not the case this time. I'm even cutting plans I made for Friday short so I can be there from the minute the puck drops to the sound of the third period buzzer! Gonna down a lot of booze though, just to calm my nerves a bit lol.

I even entered to win tix with a local radio station.

Wings in 7!!!!

Maybe you don't understand what the OP is saying...

i took his/her comments in a sarcastic light... am i wrong in doing so?

I have to work, so I can't watch. It'll be DVR'ed, though and I have people who are going to send me scoring updates and such. If I was home I definitely would NOT miss watching it.

I'll definitely be watching because I wouldn't miss it for the world, BUT I am seriously going to be so anxious, nervous, and have heart palpitations galore during the game.

If it went to OT..I don't know what I'd do. Probably close my eyes the entire time because that is how frightened I would be!

Better question:

IF the Pens win, will you watch the ceremony or turn the TV off?

OFF. It will be off moments before the final horn if the Pens are up. I seriously could not stomach watching Crosby and Malkin celebrate...

I was hoping to never have to experience this in my lifetime. This just isn't fair.

I have a pretty big fear of a puck over the glass or a high stick 4 minute penalty at a very bad time.

I will n ever be more terrified than during MSU's championship game a couple years ago, but this will be close.

Also, not a chance that i watch the pens raise the cup.

Edited by pirateasaurus

My heart rate at the end of the game 7 with Anaheim was going 1000 miles per second... If there is not a comfortable lead with 10 or so minutes left, I may not live.

I'll be a nervous wreck, but I'll be watching. I might have to get up and leave the room for a bit if things get too tense, and since my folks will be home I'll have to bite my tongue at times (watching the Wings can sometimes bring out my inner sailor, as in I cuss like one... :lol: ).

As for the question - NO, I will NOT watch if the Pens win. It'll be like a punch in the gut to lose, then to watch Crybaby Cindy and Frankenmalkin get their grubby, sticky paws on the Holy Grail of Hockey will just be too much to take.

But that's not gonna happen - the Wings are going to WIN Game 7 on Friday!

I'm going to try and watch it. Thank goodness I still have a VCR! Friday is going to be a very hectic day for me and my family. My sister is dropping off her son on Friday and he is staying with us. My brother and his family will be in town for a wedding, and we will be watching his son on Friday as well. Of course, with both my siblings' kids being over, this means that Grandma wants to come over as well and see them. Don't get me wrong, I want to see all of my family members and I love seeing them, it's just that Game Night is going to be a little more different than usual. Of course, being superstitious, I don't know how to take this...last year, when my brother and his family came into town to watch Game Five of the Stanley Cup Finals with us, the Red Wings ended up losing...however, my sister came into town on Saturday before Game Five this year and we won...I don't know what to do...I hope that my aunt doesn't come over hours before the game for non-hockey related activities and come back for the game. The last two times that she has come over extra early, we have lost the game. I have notified her of this. She just needs to come over right before the game and watch it with us. I love her very much, but this is Game Seven of the Stanley Cup Finals! We CANNOT take chances! It is very serious business! In all honesty though, I think everybody that's here will be watching the game anyway! LOL! GO WINGS!