• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
10 Minute Misconduct

Who is gonna chicken out?

Rate this topic

During most of game 5, I was at a wedding reception. So I DVRed the game and successfully avoided the score. Sweet. But when I got home, I decided I had to know sooner than if I watched the game. So I waited until just before 11, when I knew it would either be over or in the OT intermission, checked it on my phone and went crazy. Then I watched the game, and that was a damn good time, with zero stress.

I have to admit, doing something like that is an appealing option, because I may die otherwise. I almost passed out during game 6. But it's game 7 for the Cup, you HAVE to watch if you're able. I'll just get loaded in advance lol.

And no, I will not be watching the ceremony if we lose. It's not a Crosby/Pens thing either, I can't even stomach watching the other team celebrate after a regular playoff win, let alone the Cup. This would be way different than 1995 obviously, and the obvious pick as toughest loss ever.

...or it might be the greatest win ever. We should know in about 47 hours.

If anyone on here is thinking of not watching or going to the game, I am sorry, I have to politely ask you to terminate your account. Then I recommend joining the Starbrite forums, they go hard.

I don't know, I'm seriously contemplating it. I didn't get to see game 7 live against the Ducks because I had to work, and I remember thinking that I was glad I didn't watch it live when I watched it on the DVR because my heart would have beating out of my chest for the entire game. I don't think I could take it if the Wings lost this game. Even if it's close and the Wings win, it will be rough.

I'm actually scheduled to work this Friday, so there's a chance that I won't even be able to watch it until about halfway through the 3rd. I'm trying to get out of it though.

Edited by Trapt1307

I don't know, I'm seriously contemplating it. I didn't get to see game 7 live against the Ducks because I had to work, and I remember thinking that I was glad I didn't watch it live when I watched it on the DVR because my heart would have beating out of my chest for the entire game. I don't think I could take it if the Wings lost this game. Even if it's close and the Wings win, it will be rough.

I'm actually scheduled to work this Friday, so there's a chance that I won't even be able to watch it until about halfway through the 3rd. I'm trying to get out of it though.

I have to work also. Luckily, there's a TV available, and while I won't be able to devote the kind of attention to this game that I would like to, it's better than not watching it at all.

You're crazy if you're not watching it. The whole point of being a fan is to go on the ride through every type of terrain. A game seven finals is new for fans of our generation. Don't you want to be there to go through it with your team?!?

I'll be watching, I couldn't stand to miss this game. Game 7 SCF doesn't happen everyday. I'll be nervous as hell but that's to be expected. I wish it would hurry up and get here, the worst part for me is this 2 day wait.

My band is playing during the last half of the game...I'm so pissed that I have to DVR Game 7 you can bet I'll be wearing the Datsyuk jersey on stage tho.

I wish it would hurry up and get here, the worst part for me is this 2 day wait.

For real...I woke up excited today, then I realized a few seconds later that oh crap, it's TOMORROW. Lame.

I'll be watching from start to finish with some cold beer and some smoke breaks when things get rough. And if by some chance the Pens win, I'll watch until coverage is over, despite how much I would hate to see Crosby win the cup, I'll go down with the ship if it comes to it.

my wife actually asked "do you want me to invite some people over to watch the game?" I said "are you friggin nuts?" I will be spewing obscenities like a cross between Ralphy's dad in "A Christmas Story" and the little girl in "The Excorcist."

There is also a good chance my TV might wind up laying the front lawn after I throw it out the window.

You're kidding right? Of course I'll be watching the game. Win or lose, I'll still cheer for The Boys.

This is the reason why we watch hockey all season! Minus the refs, you can't get any better hockey than this. :)

I'll be watching from start to finish with some cold beer and some smoke breaks when things get rough. And if by some chance the Pens win, I'll watch until coverage is over, despite how much I would hate to see Crosby win the cup, I'll go down with the ship if it comes to it.

Agreed, that reminds me . I have to DVR NHL networks post game show too. Thanks.

Oh my, my stomach must be 10 times more queasy than the rest of you. I'll start watching (and taping the game), but if the Wings get behind, I may not be able to take it. I'll resort to my time honored tactic of continuing to tape the game, but only checking the score periodically to see if they've caught up. I'm hoping for a game 7 like we had against Colorado in 2002 - the Wings were way ahead before I could even think about getting too nervous.

As for the award ceremony, should the Wings lose. I'll be watching, hoping that Bettman gets hit wiith an octopus. But as soon as he hands off the cup, the sucker is going off. Here's to an easy 6-0 victory, and a good nights sleep afterwards.

I'm going to try and watch it. Thank goodness I still have a VCR! Friday is going to be a very hectic day for me and my family. My sister is dropping off her son on Friday and he is staying with us. My brother and his family will be in town for a wedding, and we will be watching his son on Friday as well. Of course, with both my siblings' kids being over, this means that Grandma wants to come over as well and see them. Don't get me wrong, I want to see all of my family members and I love seeing them, it's just that Game Night is going to be a little more different than usual. Of course, being superstitious, I don't know how to take this...last year, when my brother and his family came into town to watch Game Five of the Stanley Cup Finals with us, the Red Wings ended up losing...however, my sister came into town on Saturday before Game Five this year and we won...I don't know what to do...I hope that my aunt doesn't come over hours before the game for non-hockey related activities and come back for the game. The last two times that she has come over extra early, we have lost the game. I have notified her of this. She just needs to come over right before the game and watch it with us. I love her very much, but this is Game Seven of the Stanley Cup Finals! We CANNOT take chances! It is very serious business! In all honesty though, I think everybody that's here will be watching the game anyway! LOL! GO WINGS!

;) Throw the bums out. We're talking about much more important priorities here!

I purposely did not watch game 5. I was perfectly sure we were going to lose that one and was really surprised we won. Have exactly the same feeling now about game 7. I can't miss it though...

For me game 7 with your team involved is the only time I actually regret I'm a hockey fan. It is too much for my health.

Meanwhile, I for me there is not difference between this game 7 and that one we played with Anaheim. I'm perfectly sure we played our finals and give 100% back then.

I don't see how any Wings or Penguins fans couldn't watch this game. I'll be in knots the entire time and most likely won't sit down at all during gameplay, but I'll be watching. It would be worse to not watch and wonder what's going on.

I purposely did not watch game 5. I was perfectly sure we were going to lose that one and was really surprised we won. Have exactly the same feeling now about game 7. I can't miss it though...

For me game 7 with your team involved is the only time I actually regret I'm a hockey fan. It is too much for my health.

Meanwhile, I for me there is not difference between this game 7 and that one we played with Anaheim. I'm perfectly sure we played our finals and give 100% back then.

Game 7 of the Anaheim series was hard to watch, but Darren Helm's breakaway goal, and Dan Cleary's GW made up for all the anxiety. I just hope to God it doesn't go to overtime on Friday night. I don't even want to think about thinking about it.

Also, something something brand new; first day.

Im gonna watch it, but if it hits OT I have no idea what ill do. Ill cover my eyes and just leave a small gap so I can barely see hahaha.

My stomach is in knots just thinking about it. Tomorrow is gonna be rough.

I dreamt that Pittsburgh would win Game 6 2-1 with the Wings blowing a ton of chances at the end.

Last night, I had a dream that the Penguins won Game 7. I'll be watching, though.

(For the record, Pittsburgh won 4-3 in OT.)

I'll probably get bounced from the bar when I start screaming at the TV. I wish I were going to be back home for the weekend, where this type of activity will be going on in every bar around the state.

I'll just have to settle for being viewed as just another crazy person in NYC......oh well.

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!!

I have to work also. Luckily, there's a TV available, and while I won't be able to devote the kind of attention to this game that I would like to, it's better than not watching it at all.

+1 I'll be in the same situation. I will be able to watch the end of the game though.

Anyone here thinking about not watching the game?

You kidding!!?

82 for 16!!! They played hard all season to get this game in their own barn! The Joe will be rocking on Friday night.

Take a step back from the ledge everything is goign to be fine!

GO WINGS!!!

The one good thing about it is...we've never had a game 7 in the finals (with this team). It will be really exciting. I know it will be tough, but (for instance) one of my best ever playoff memories was in 1996 against the Blues....game 7 and I think 3 OT's at 0-0 .. maybe it was 2 OT's but in any case Stevie Y was the hero. We didn't win that year, but it was one of the best moments.

The one good thing about it is...we've never had a game 7 in the finals (with this team). It will be really exciting. I know it will be tough, but (for instance) one of my best ever playoff memories was in 1996 against the Blues....game 7 and I think 3 OT's at 0-0 .. maybe it was 2 OT's but in any case Stevie Y was the hero. We didn't win that year, but it was one of the best moments.

the were saying it was the first time since 1955 OR first time in 55 years that ANY game 7 was played in Detroit for any of our sports teams... pretty cool

i am shocked you aren't going my dear ;):P