• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KrazyGangsta

How To Handle Game 7 SCF?

Rate this topic

I need advice how to watch this game. I'm going nuts, krazy anything you want to say. I'm panicking like nuts and I don't how to watch it. Do I watch it or just wait until scoreboard just updates ... We're so close ... I need some advice please. How are all of you guys handling or will handle this game 7?

Guest Shoreline

Newcastle, Sierra Nevada, Anchor, Guinness.

6-pack is between $6 - $10.

Edited by Shoreline

I need advice how to watch this game. I'm going nuts, krazy anything you want to say. I'm panicking like nuts and I don't how to watch it. Do I watch it or just wait until scoreboard just updates ... We're so close ... I need some advice please. How are all of you guys handling or will handle this game 7?

A bottle of Pepto and a box of Kleenex should be all you'll need. Prozac might help out, as well.

I'm joking. I had to.

So your team is in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final!

Here's what YOU'LL need to be properly prepared for anything and everything that's sure to occur:

1)A defibrillator is absolutely necessary and will most likely be used after every period and any 5-on-3 that is sure to occur (don't let the officiating fool you up to this point! Remember, a prepared fan is a safe fan!)

2)ER physicians on speed dial (best to give them a heads up just to be safe)

3)a sitter in case you are rendered immobile and need medical attention

4)padded floors! Under no circumstances are you permitted to watch the game in a hardwood floor room, or in a room with many hard corners on furniture! Many hockey fans do not know this, as they have never been in a SCF game 7 situation before.

5)Miscellaneous superstitious objects within arms' length, hockey memorabilia on your person, and all rituals completed prior to the puck drop of the opening faceoff.

6) "Fair Warning" speech to all wives, husbands, boyfriends, girlfriends, family, friends, or others that may be in the vicinity during game time. This speech is to be completed and understood by all parties involved prior to the puck drop of the opening faceoff. Failure to comply may result in injuries more severe than those inflicted from not following rule 4.

7) Munchies to chow down on, because eating is the only true stress reliever, and R-OH (or for you nonchemists, alcholol) in great quantities.

8) Don't forget to have fun! This is a once-in-a-lifetime event, but remember, if you don't heed the aforementioned guidelines the once-in-a-lifetime will yield a new meaning.

I hope you enjoyed this brief lecture and found its contents useful. If you have any questions or wish to purchase other volumes of the "survival guidelines for the diehard fan", please send us an email and we'll get back with you as soon as possible!

Edited by Echolalia

I will be up in Traverse City so i will ask the barkeep (if it isn't already on) to turn the game on... if not I will go back to the Condo and watch it there.

Basically sit back and watch the game... you can't control the outcome so just watch it exactly as you did a game 6,5,4,3,2,1

Turn on the TV, Tune into the game. Scream GO WINGS when the puck drops, Cheer at every goal we score, Yell obscenity's at Crosby/malkin and ANY penalty the wings take.

When the pens score Boooo and complain about how Buttmen wants the Pens to win.

watch as the wings battle through the BS and win in regulation.

rejoice as Lids hoists the cup for a second year in a row.

I'm gonna be drinking on the job, I really don't care (luckily, I work at a bar). I will be pacing around a lot, and a nervous wreck. I already posted on facebook a few hours ago asking if anyone has a spare defibrillator I can borrow incase the game goes into overtime lol.

I'm nervous as hell now, I can't imagine how bad I'll be Friday night.

I have to work at 12pm and the games usually finish at about 11am over here. So i will hate it to go to OT (even more than usual).

During the game im going to be nervous as hell but will enjoy it at the same time, might not ever get to see this happen for a looonngg time.

I work at 11:00 central time, which means I have to leave around 10:30. Games that start at 7:00 central are usually over well in time for me to get dressed and out of the house in plenty of time.

This means that I can't drink, but since I can't eat or sleep lately, I guess it's a Nervous Wreck Hat Trick.

Only one thing concerns me: Overtime. The tape is in the VCR, just in case.

So your team is in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final!

Here's what YOU'LL need to be properly prepared for anything and everything that's sure to occur:

6) "Fair Warning" speech to all wives, husbands, boyfriends, girlfriends, family, friends, or others that may be in the vicinity during game time. This speech is to be completed and understood by all parties involved prior to the puck drop of the opening faceoff. Failure to comply may result in injuries more severe than those inflicted from not following rule 4.

There's an important one -- during the game is not the time to tell me about your day, and NO I will not take the dogs out.

My liquor cabinet consists of margarita, rum and vodka plus beer in my fridge. A few things to choose from to help with the nervous anticipation of game 7.

Guest Shoreline
What's a VCR?

Who's George Bush? Barack Obama is the only US President I've heard of.

What's a VCR?

It's this little contraption that sits under my tv. Old ladies have them for occasions when they need to see something on tv but won't be there to see it and don't have time to call their grandchildren (or in my case, Godson) over for tech support.