• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jiri the man

Lastchange,Matchup's the key?

Rate this topic

I do believe that last change is the key and Detroit has that in game 7.What else could it be,Every game home team wins/I hope and pray that that holds up.

In my homer heart I can't believe the Wings could have let this series go this far but the pens are a good team and I do have respect for them. :battle:

:champs: :usaflag:

In my homer heart I can't believe the Wings could have let this series go this far but the pens are a good team and I do have respect for them. :battle:

:champs: :usaflag:

I'm not extremely shocked. It took us 7 games to beat the 8th seed. I think the Ducks were a hell of a lot better than just a 8th seed, but still.....that series wasn't a cake walk. They even struggled at times in the Chicago series. Although I do think the Wings will pretty convincingly on Friday.

Last change is huge against the Pens.

Last stick in the faceoff circle is big for a puck possession team.

And the Joe Louis boards are an advantage as well.

Pens have scored all of one even strength goal in 3 games at the Joe, and only 2 goals total!

Keep it up!

I expect Malkin and Crosby to see the most time they've had yet in this series. May be why they were limited on time in game 6 to keep fresh. Much more of the both of them on shifts together and changes to the 4th line. Detroit trying to play to the Pens matchup rather than dictating their own at times has really opened opportunities for the Pens. I'd like to see the Pens go back to their 11-7 and really try to exploit this. I really like the trouble the Pens 3rd line has been giving the Wings lately, if they keep it up the double shifts of Malkin/Crosby may spell good things for the Pens in 7.

Pens put on a shot-blocking clinic last game -- I have a feeling that will be addressed by Babcock.

At the Joe especially, who cares if a shot misses the net from the perimeter, just get it to the boards.

it will mean everything

last game babcock got obsessed with lineups and almost every 3 on 2 our guys would dump the puck in and line change to get the matches babs wanted out there... that was a huge reason for the lack of production i think... too busy changing lines every second

with that said Bylsma played it great keep babs more concerned about matchups than actual scoring

Pens put on a shot-blocking clinic last game -- I have a feeling that will be addressed by Babcock.

At the Joe especially, who cares if a shot misses the net from the perimeter, just get it to the boards.

That is what worries me most. You get a sprawling Pens defenseman, trying to block a shot. If the wings shoot it wide and off the boards, the Pens have a guy on the ice and have to regroup while the wings are looking for a puck coming of the boards.

hank will be playing head to head with crosby game 7, just like 1, 2, and 5. he's one of the wings players that can render crosby ineffective and at the same time produce. get dats on malkin to do the same thing and the wings will frustrate the pens into hopefully what will be referred to as "penalties"....just like game 5. welcome back to the joe!

hank will be playing head to head with crosby game 7, just like 1, 2, and 5. he's one of the wings players that can render crosby ineffective and at the same time produce. get dats on malkin to do the same thing and the wings will frustrate the pens into hopefully what will be referred to as "penalties"....just like game 5. welcome back to the joe!

What did Hank do in 3, 4, & 6?

I think what the poster meant was to get Hank on Crosby right from the faceoff instead of having to win the draw, then get Hank out there. If Pitts wins the faceoff in our zone, they're not going to be able to change a player for Hank right away. Being on home ice eliminates this.

Your Mom. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Seriously though, Hank was on the bench or trying to get off the bench when Crosby was on the ice for those games. In Detroit, Hank will be on the ice everytime Crosby is. Poor poor Sidney.

There you go.In games 3,4 and 6 Babs did'nt get the matchups he wanted and Malkin got lose a couple times.Malkin did get to dance like cindarella after his goal in game4(I think).Lets just see what zetta does in game 7 he will be a man on fire. :flamingmad: :nhl2::nhl:

Your Mom. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Seriously though, Hank was on the bench or trying to get off the bench when Crosby was on the ice for those games. In Detroit, Hank will be on the ice everytime Crosby is. Poor poor Sidney.

Not even that, but Dats will be out there as well when Crosby is, if Babs keeps the same lines.

detroit didn't have LAST CHANGE in those games, hence the matchups for babcock weren't there.

"Replying to Lastchange, Matchup's the key?"

therefore, my post is RELEVANT

are you another pens fan? :ranting:

please read all the posts (and thread title) and then reply.