• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

What will you do _IF_ Penguins win on friday?

Rate this topic

As I don't live in Michigan nor ever attended an NHL playoff game to be able to watch at the joe in the SCF do you really must have had season tickets the same season otherwise it's impossible? can't be 20.066 season ticket holders eh? uhm

no you can get tickets but to go to all the games including playoffs we are talking at least $10-$12 thousand a ticket not including parking and s*** you get at the game.

which is why i said i was envious of his wallet :lol:

Granted also when i had them you had to buy all the tickets for the round (we always had home ice so it was 4 games each round) pay up front and NO DISCOUNTS on the ticket price.

alot has changed now with discounts and stuff.... not to mention the nifty fanticketexchange (if only that was an option when i had them)

Edited by OsGOD

I have to work after the game. I will go in and be grateful that my decades of years as a Lions fan has taught me that there is more to life than sports.

But before I go to work, I will call my mom and cry.

Honestly, IF the Pens win, and that's a BIG IF, I won't watch the celebration with the Cup. I'll probably stay tuned in long enough to hear Bettman get booed by the Detroit fans, then do something else.

I'll probably avoid the sports media for a while, like I did when we were eliminated early in 2001, 2003, 2004, and 2006, and let things blow over. The media will be creaming themselves over Cindy and Malkin, so they can do that, while I get on with my life.

As mentioned in another post, I'm kind of looking forward to the season being over on Friday. The NHL playoffs are to looooong, and I want to start thinking/watching/talking/hearing about something other than Hockey. Since I live in Canada, it's hockey 24/7, so I need a break. The Tigers have been playing excellent Baseball, so it's time to put my sports focus on them.

I love to watch the cup skated.

If the wings win I will watch the joy on the players faces.

I will watch Hossa shake my teams hands and then skate with the cup.

I'll watch every last minute of the coverage, and I may even watch the recording again some time over the summer.

It will suck, but I wouldn't miss it for much.

I love to watch the cup skated.

If the wings win I will watch the joy on the players faces.

I will watch Hossa shake my teams hands and then skate with the cup.

I'll watch every last minute of the coverage, and I may even watch the recording again some time over the summer.

It will suck, but I wouldn't miss it for much.

Good for you. Takes a big person to declare such a thing.

I'd probably do the same as many of us here. Turn it off, don't watch sports for a relatively loooong time and wait for the excitement of training camp as well as new hope and new players.

Edited by titanium2

Guest Four

I will not go to LGW and school to avoid humiliation and owing lots of money to people =[

As a couple others have mentioned, the TV will be turned off at the sound of the buzzer and I will avoid any NHL coverage until July 1st. I absolutely cannot stand the thought of Sidney Crosby hoisting the Cup or knowing that it worked out probably exactly as Bettman wanted.....I pray that it never happens.

Edited by Copenhagen848

I will vomit, literally and figuratively, for the next year straight. There were about 10 Penguins commercial this year, and they weren't even the Champions, could you even fathom the disgusting Bettman money-shot advertising we'd have to endure? The endless tooting of Crosby's horn as the "captain" *small amount of vomit* who steered the ship to a cup.....

Thankfully, the Wings are going to give me a great birthday present in the form of a second consecutive Stanley Cup and spare me the avoidence of all sports media for a whole calendar year.

When the Pens win tomorrow, I am going to go down to Hockeytown with my video camera and get some footage of all the drunk, depressed Wings fans exiting the bar.

:ranting:

and if the wings do lose and i see a pens fan filming me i will kick their ass. Then trhow up all over them because my stomach is already turning from this talk...

I'm sure. I just figured a true hockey fan wold be gracious and humbled and watch the cup ceremony no matter who won.

^ disagree

Well then I lie like a rug because I could not watch it. My reason would be that I love my team too much to watch them try to hide the anguish and pain in their faces.

^agree

i would not be able to watch crosby carry the cup, i don't have to worry tho cuz i know it's not gonna happen

I'm sure. I just figured a true hockey fan wold be gracious and humbled and watch the cup ceremony no matter who won.

^ disagree

Well then I lie like a rug because I could not watch it. My reason would be that I love my team too much to watch them try to hide the anguish and pain in their faces.

^agree

i would not be able to watch crosby carry the cup, i don't have to worry tho cuz i know it's not gonna happen

When the Pens win tomorrow, I am going to go down to Hockeytown with my video camera and get some footage of all the drunk, depressed Wings fans exiting the bar.

:ranting:

Then I'll be packing a crowbar in the trunk in case I have to go over to Hockeytown and plunk the giggling idiot that's filming people leaving... Then you'll be on the ground wearing the same expression as Havlat did after he was Kronwalled.

As a couple others have mentioned, the TV will be turned off at the sound of the buzzer and I will avoid any NHL coverage until July 1st. I absolutely cannot stand the thought of Sidney Crosby hoisting the Cup or knowing that it worked out probably exactly as Bettman wanted.....I pray that it never happens.

Absolutely. The TV goes OFF before that Cup ever hits the ice. Sports Illustrated goes in the trash as soon as it's delivered and ESPN is not turned on until football season starts.

The same thing would happen if the Ducks and Pronger ever win it, as well.

Edited by ChicksDigScars

Absolutely. The TV goes OFF before that Cup ever hits the ice. Sports Illustrated goes in the trash as soon as it's delivered and ESPN is not turned on until football season starts.

The same thing would happen if the Ducks and Pronger ever win it, as well.

Not to be a jerk or anything, but the Ducks and Pronger did win it 2 years ago. It made me sick to my stomach to see him with the cup! :bad: