• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

What will you do _IF_ Penguins win on friday?

Rate this topic

I'll turn off the TV and probably live a more productive life for the rest of the summer, simple as that. Seeing Bettman's wet dream come true in having Crosby hoist the cup in a hard to live with, but no more nauseating then the fact Pronger did the same thing a couple years ago.

Also Hossa will not be proven wrong with his team selection since the team he left was ran by Therrien, who was leading the team out of the playoff race. Bylsma is a class act and has done everything right with a very talented young team. Unless his demeanor makes a rapid 180, I'll always be a fan.

I'll sulk for a short while, be down in the dumps, then be fine in the morning.

Watching my sports teams are important for me but they have their place in my life and whenever the game/event is done, I usually move onto the next thing pretty quickly in terms of my emotions and stuff.

Yeah of course I'll be sad if the Wings don't win it. No, there won't be much disdain on my end towards Pittsburgh due to attention-***** status towards that team and a few of their players. But when your team gets all the way to the SCF and makes a damned good attempt in winning it (assuming they lose it in 7 games), it's hard to complain and you could do much worse.

I'll vomit. I'll absolutely ******* vomit to know that that ***** sidney crosby is carrying around that cup.

Starving kids in africa... slavery in sudan... crosby winning the cup... all signs that the world is a f***ed up place.

The way I see it, I'll be getting wasted either way....I'd much rather have it be a celebratory drinking binge than one to cover up my tortured soul

Here's an interesting question:

So, last year, the Pens fans stuck around to watch the Cup be awarded. It's a little different here because the Wings fans have seen a lot of cups won in the last 12 years. Do you think that the JLA crowd would boo louder than ever and/or get up and leave the rink instead of watch the ceremony? I mean, public enemy number 1 (Bettman) and public enemy number 2 (Crosby), and then the agony of defeat of the home team...too much to bear.

What do you all think?

I'll remember how bad it sucked struggling just to make the playoffs in the early Illitch transition years, then be grateful for the last 15 years of consistency and the distance we came this season, despite not achieving the ultimate goal.

Edited by #19forPresident!

If the Pens won, I will be canceling a family reunion trip this saturday to Ohio in which a ton of family will be there from Pittsburgh. My wife will be pissed but I will not sit there and listen to my family members tell me how malkin and crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins are better than the wings.

Edited by RememberStevieY

If the Penguins win, it is the end of the NHL as we used to know it.

In that case, I am taking a year vacation from anything hockey related.

Not....! Fat chance Pens will win :)

Let's Go Red Wings!

So, last year, the Pens fans stuck around to watch the Cup be awarded. It's a little different here because the Wings fans have seen a lot of cups won in the last 12 years. Do you think that the JLA crowd would boo louder than ever and/or get up and leave the rink instead of watch the ceremony? I mean, public enemy number 1 (Bettman) and public enemy number 2 (Crosby), and then the agony of defeat of the home team...too much to bear.

What do you all think?

I thought of that. I have to hand it to Pens fans last year. They were gracious losers on their home ice. I hope that in the unlikely event Wings fans end up in that position they will do the same.

Personally, I would leave, but I could see someone staying and watching just for the spectacle of the thing.

When the Ducks won, I was sitting in front of the tv crying my eyes out (hate the Ducks!), but I consoled myself that Selanne got his cup after all these years. I like Selanne, so it gave me something to focus on besides Pronger.

If Pit wins, I will focus on the Pens I like: Gonchar, Staal, um....Gonchar, Staal....

I'll be shutting it off pretty quickly.

i would watch it for just a few just to see the faces on our players..then i would shut it off before any of the presitations happen. take some time off then come back here and hope the mods haven't let some of the pens fans stay and post their great threads they have been aloud to do for the past few weeks.=)

What do you all think?

I think what you describe is a real possibility, and I think that says something about some of the fans here in Detroit.

If that happens, and all of North America gets to see it on TV, what do you suppose people will think of Wings fans?

Sore losers.

I think what you describe is a real possibility, and I think that says something about some of the fans here in Detroit.

If that happens, and all of North America gets to see it on TV, what do you suppose people will think of Wings fans?

Sore losers.

I plan on getting hammered but I intend to watch the ceremony regardless of who wins.

Feel disappointment of a large magnitude, then continue living my life regardless.

Pretty much.

After congratulating the Pens fans at their boards which is where I've been hanging out. This is a great site, but there's something uniquely fun about hanging out in opposition territory. Of course it's one million times more fun when you win.

What's different about this series is that NOT beating the Penguins would be worse than losing if that makes any sense.

Sore losers.

The Pittsburgh crowd booed when Z got the Conn Smythe. And the arena got awfully empty awfully fast.

Sore losers.

You don't get our viewpoint...most of us here have seen the Cup be raised before. If it had been 16 or more years like it has been for you guys then I'd think the fans might be more inclined to stay because none of them have seen it happen before.

I turned Game 5 of the World Series off in '06, Game 7 of the NBA Finals in '05 right after the final out/buzzer. Without a doubt I would do it tonight, and then I would ball my eyes out.

I will turn the tv off. I will not give NBC, Bettman or Cindy Crybaby any of my time, if it happens. The first few minutes after would be the worst. But eventually I think that I could go on and look forward to next year. Jeez, "go on" it sounds so depressing. BUT I'm planning on a Wings win, so I'm not worried about having to do this.

GO WINGS!

Edited by wingfan4ever