• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MississippiWing

Funny thing about the "attack site"

Rate this topic

Couple hits of acid and a nerve wrecking game 7 will be the least of your worries. :thumbup:

Seems every time a whole bunch of the other teams fans come around and try to talk trash and then are greeted with logic and facts, Letsgowings starts to pop up on my attack site warnings list. Hmm... interesting

Seems every time a whole bunch of the other teams fans come around and try to talk trash and then are greeted with logic and facts, Letsgowings starts to pop up on my attack site warnings list. Hmm... interesting

I have family in Uniontown PA,those people think that other teams should lay down and let their team win.They can kiss my RED and WHITE ass.They never use logic or facts when they want to start trouble,cause they don't know any.

Guest Shoreline

Ugh, people..

Google (or possibly a bot) visits reported attack sites (how they're reported, I'm not sure, but that's quite irrelevant), verifies there's a trojan or exploit, and puts it on a list of attack sites.

From this website, it's based on the main page, if LGW.com. The forums gets it because Google pretty much blacklists the entire site.

This site has had problems before with exploits in the main page (JavaScript exploits normally) and are usually taken care of quickly by Matt. They blame ads and it may be, but it could also be the software used on the main page. Since the main page is off and away from the forums, one would need to explain how any Penguins fans would be able to infect the main page, not the forum, since Google doesn't just blacklist sites people merely report as that would create chaos for Firefox.

Anyone who suggests this has anything to do with the Penguins or Blackhawks fans really don't have any idea what they're talking about.

Edited by Shoreline

I have family in Uniontown PA,those people think that other teams should lay down and let their team win.They can kiss my RED and WHITE ass.They never use logic or facts when they want to start trouble,cause they don't know any.

1. Uniontown is not Pittsburgh, it is a meth addict haven 45 miles away full of inbreds, rednecks, and small town yokels.

2. For every "logic and fact" argument here there is a Bettman conspiracty, a Crosby jealousy thread, and a slow minded Michiganite spewing hatred and conjecture. Don't get so high on that horse.

Ugh, people..

Google (or possibly a bot) visits reported attack sites (how they're reported, I'm not sure, but that's quite irrelevant), verifies there's a trojan or exploit, and puts it on a list of attack sites.

From this website, it's based on the main page, if LGW.com. The forums gets it because Google pretty much blacklists the entire site.

This site has had problems before with exploits in the main page (JavaScript exploits normally) and are usually taken care of quickly by Matt. They blame ads and it may be, but it could also be the software used on the main page. Since the main page is off and away from the forums, one would need to explain how any Penguins fans would be able to infect the main page, not the forum, since Google doesn't just blacklist sites people merely report as that would create chaos for Firefox.

Anyone who suggests this has anything to do with the Penguins or Blackhawks fans really don't have any idea what they're talking about.

Logic? In my LGW? It's more likely than you think.

lmao.... yeah true dat!

1. Uniontown is not Pittsburgh, it is a meth addict haven 45 miles away full of inbreds, rednecks, and small town yokels.

2. For every "logic and fact" argument here there is a Bettman conspiracty, a Crosby jealousy thread, and a slow minded Michiganite spewing hatred and conjecture. Don't get so high on that horse.

the correct term is "Michigonian spewing hatred and conjecture."

The site that is doing this is one of the ad servers, which has been compromised by at least one other site, which is acting as an intermeiary for 2 other sites that are distributing the malware.

It could be an advertisement. If ads are being served by newagehosting.cn, then it has been compromised by 2 other sites. The first one being domainzzoom.ru (a Russian site notorious for exploits) and fullclickstats.cn (an advertising site, which has been coming under fire for their lax security practices)

I kind of do this for a living, and I feel for Matt on this issue.

It may also be sourced from a picture or video that someone embedded in their signature file.

Guest Shoreline
The site that is doing this is one of the ad servers, which has been compromised by at least one other site, which is acting as an intermeiary for 2 other sites that are distributing the malware.

It could be an advertisement. If ads are being served by newagehosting.cn, then it has been compromised by 2 other sites. The first one being domainzzoom.ru (a Russian site notorious for exploits) and fullclickstats.cn (an advertising site, which has been coming under fire for their lax security practices)

I kind of do this for a living, and I feel for Matt on this issue.

It may also be sourced from a picture or video that someone embedded in their signature file.

Good post, although with the last sentence there, I will disagree with only because I haven't seen a single complaint about people having an AV go nuts over anything on the forum, just the main page alone.

Consequently, Noscript found the JS exploits triggered on those AVs ONLY on the main page, and not on the forums. Yet another reason why, in my own thoughts, haven't ruled out a possible software problem with the main page.

I'm sure this speculation though is comedy to Matt. Poor guy. :(

Edited by Shoreline

Good post, although with the last sentence there, I will disagree with only because I haven't seen a single complaint about people having an AV go nuts over anything on the forum, just the main page alone.

Cool. So our XXXX posts for a Red Wings Victory pic threads are all good then?!! :lol:

esteef

Edited by esteef

Guest Shoreline
Cool. So our XXXX posts for a Red Wings Victory pic threads are all good then?!! :lol:

esteef

Yeah. Let us forget all about that. :lol:

Guest Shoreline
Ovechkin!

Pizza? Room service?

Edited by Shoreline

I have yet to see a single "Crosby jealousy" thread on here. Crosby is a crybaby, Crosby doesn't deserve to be the league's posterboy, Crosby dives and takes cheapshots, maybe. But no Wings fan has any reason to be jealous of Crosby, how many Stanley Cups has he won?

Bettman conspiracy, well the expression on his face as he sat in the stands at Joe Louis for Game 5 says enough for me.

Making referrences to an entire state's mental capacity instantly disqualifies you from being able to make any "high horse" comments, you lowlife.

Guest Shoreline

In case some people don't know there's a subforum for these issues (there are plenty of people consequently)..

To clarify: It is NOT an advertisement issue.

There is a security hole on the site that is accessed via the CMS that manages the site outside of the forums. The bot that exploit this hole edits a .js file within the site with an "unescape" string that pulls the malware from a site in China... I've repeatedly tried to fix this issue (and am on top of it as soon as it happens, the "warning" just doesn't go away right away), but this is something that will be immediately addressed once the season is over.

It's a judgment call but I didn't want to take the site down temporarily during the Stanley Cup Final.

There were already plans to update the site (and, because of the customization done to it, it's a big undertaking to upgrade), but this will expedite the process.

Very frustrating.

In case some people don't know there's a subforum for these issues (there are plenty of people consequently)

Meanwhile, download Apple's Safari browser - I did shortly after I started getting the attack site error messages during the Chicago series and I haven't had a problem since. Plus, it's faster than IE or Firefox! I love it.

Yzersyukstromberg - yes, it is MICHIGANDER.