No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mjlegend

"Bill Guerin, you ignorant slut"

Rate this topic

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...?urn=nhl,169676

I'm having trouble posting photos today, but:

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nhl...mmuvZBDKSM5UKC8

If the Red Wings locker room was looking for bulletin board material for Friday, it may have found it. Bill Guerin thinks its funny when Michganders lose their jobs.

Wow. Get a sense of humor will ya...

If you wanna be mad at someone that millions of people in this state have lost their jobs, look at the millions of people who were getting paid wayyy too much for doing nothing as well as their big wig bosses who have been mismanaging the Big Three's money for years.

It's a picture, get over it.

He didn't create the sign but he certainly had no problem posing right next to it. It's completely unecessary and lacks the kind of compassion one has for his fellow man. I think this is much more egregious than those message board comments about Konstantinov because it's a 38-year-old player doing it.

He's a smug millionaire smirking at the thousands of people who lost their jobs. People who have would gladly paid him millions to play the game in their state.

I hope the media blows this up on him and he's really contrite going into tomorrow's game.

The Wings won't care, TBH. Oh no, he made fun of the economic situation of our city...

Like the article said on Yahoo, most of our players are euros. They probably all drive Italian/German sports cars anyway.

I have mixed feelings about the picture. On one hand I really don't like Obama and I see him making the auto industry just a little worse every day. So I do agree that this all needs to stop. On the other hand, I don't think it's anyone's place to find humor in Michigan's situation because real people are losing jobs and can't feed their families.

Guest Shoreline
I have mixed feelings about the picture. On one hand I really don't like Obama and I see him making the auto industry just a little worse every day. So I do agree that this all needs to stop. On the other hand, I don't think it's anyone's place to find humor in Michigan's situation because real people are losing jobs and can't feed their families.

Yup, except the auto industry made itself worse, and is, for some reason, being saved from itself. When the Wings played the Ducks I saw some utterly stupid ass comments made about California and I gotta say making fun of the Detroit economy situation just isn't terribly funny to me lately, despite my obnoxious and politically incorrect sense of humor. That's probably because every part of the US is feeling this economic crunch too.

Edited by Shoreline

If you wanna be mad at someone that millions of people in this state have lost their jobs, look at the millions of people who were getting paid wayyy too much for doing nothing as well as their big wig bosses who have been mismanaging the Big Three's money for years.

I love how people ***** about the auto union wages. I'm sure if a group of coworkers convinced your boss to pay you 2 - 3 times your worth you would just say "Nope, haven't earned it" and walk away from the job.

The root cause is executives who gave away the store in good times and were to stupid to even guarantee a quality work force out of the deal.

Oh and to stay on topic I hate Bill Guerin but he appears to love the cock.

If the owner and author of that sign asked Guerin to pose for the picture and refused he'd be just another arrogant athlete. He probably didn't put that sign up and was more than likely trying to encourage a Penguins fan to get excited about the series. Good on him, and good for the fan.

Besides if that's what Guerin's opinions of the economic situation are, he's far from ignorant, and since this discussion has nothing to do with sexual relations calling him a **** seems rather of topic. I'm just glad no one has accused him of being racist since he's tacitly opposing Obama's economic endeavors.

Ha! I pass that sign on my way to work everyday. They had something for each round. For the second round it was something like "Buy a sandwhich, get a free drink and throw your CAPS away." This one is kinda lame considering some of the other messages they had.

Chill out people. You are making way too much out of this.

This photo is from a small bbq restaurant in the south hills area of Pgh. I work with the owner's wife. The sign has been in front of the restaurant the whole Stanley Cup series. Last weekend, Guerin and his family stopped by to get some take out food. The owner recognized him and took his picture with a cell phone camera. He emailed the photo to some of his "friends" to show them that Guerin was at his restaurant. One of the "friends" decided to forward the picture to the rest of the world.

Guerin did nothing wrong but let a fan take his picture. Now, something nice that he did has turned into an international incident.

Guerin did nothing wrong but let a fan take his picture. Now, something nice that he did has turned into an international incident.

No... Guerin allowed a fan to take a picture of him next to a sign that is unsurprisingly insulting to not only those in MI but to those all over the country. It's not an international 'incident' but it is fundamentally insensitive and a person of Guerin's stature should've known better as well whoever's idea was it to put up the sign in the first place.

In what twisted way was it in any sense a good idea to put such a thing out there? Cheap two dollar fun? Well, since it's been out there for the whole series and as long as you guys have your fun then I guess that makes it okay. I guess I've been wasting my time at the strip clubs. Insulting people who lost their homes and their jobs is really where the fun is at. I mean, am I right or am I right?

You want something nice from him? Why not a picture of him with some of the other customers of the restaurant or maybe the owners themselves? The city of Pittsburgh has some great people. They deserve better than that.

No... Guerin allowed a fan to take a picture of him next to a sign that is unsurprisingly insulting to not only those in MI but to those all over the country. It's not an international 'incident' but it is fundamentally insensitive and a person of Guerin's stature should've known better as well whoever's idea was it to put up the sign in the first place.

In what twisted way was it in any sense a good idea to put such a thing out there? Cheap two dollar fun? Well, since it's been out there for the whole series and as long as you guys have your fun then I guess that makes it okay. I guess I've been wasting my time at the strip clubs. Insulting people who lost their homes and their jobs is really where the fun is at. I mean, am I right or am I right?

You want something nice from him? Why not a picture of him with some of the other customers of the restaurant or maybe the owners themselves? The city of Pittsburgh has some great people. They deserve better than that.

You are totally wrong. I know the family here, you don't. I know the situation around the picture, you don't. Stop being so damn sensitive.

The next time an athlete refuses to sign an autograph or take a picture remember this incident. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

You are totally wrong. I know the family here, you don't. I know the situation around the picture, you don't. Stop being so damn sensitive.

The next time an athlete refuses to sign an autograph or take a picture remember this incident. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

You know the situation and the family. Ever consider that's the reason why you can't be objective? I know you care about them and I'm sure they're great people. That doesn't mean they don't do stupid things every now and again. I think it's great you have a good relationship with them but that doesn't mean you have to approve of everything they do.

I have many friends from Pittsburgh and they seem to have a rather unique sense of loyalty and unconditional support about them. It's a beautiful thing. It's just that many of them also know that loyalty also includes taking someone to the side and communicating with them when something may not be very wise.

Sure, Guerin would've been damned if he didn't take that picture but that's a hell of a lot better than the damning he's getting now. A casual fan hears the story and thinks, "Guerin refused to take a picture? What a jerk." But then sees the actual sign and hopefully realizes, "Oh, well it's understandable that he didn't want to put his name and face next to such a thing." Yes, it's also understandable as to why he took the picture. It's just not very smart and I expect better from Guerin and the people of Pittsburgh.

I may not be right, but I'm not totally wrong.

tell that to the people that live in detroit. he'll be even more hated there now. he's a lousy piece of garbage. another classy move by a penguin