• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mjlegend

"Bill Guerin, you ignorant slut"

Rate this topic

If you wanna be mad at someone that millions of people in this state have lost their jobs, look at the millions of people who were getting paid wayyy too much for doing nothing as well as their big wig bosses who have been mismanaging the Big Three's money for years.

$4.5 million for a guy that generally only has value when you're trying to score a couple picks at the deadline? Lots of money being mismanaged here. 7 teams this decade and counting doesn't lie.

I have to be honest though, the sign doesn't bother me that much. The bailout isn't for unemployed auto workers (although it should be), it's for the execs who mismanaged the situation for the last 35 years. The people largely responsible for this mess. They deserve ridicule. It's a little bit of a reach to take it any other way.

Here's hoping the Wings get it done tonight for all the great people of Detroit and Michigan who need something positive right now.

Three shells and a pea? And at what cost?

Satan was placed on waivers by Pittsburgh on March 4, 2009, the same day as the NHL trade deadline.

Having not been claimed by another team, Satan was assigned to the Penguins AHL affiliate, the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins.

On March 4, 2009 Guerin was traded to the Pittsburgh Penguins for a conditional draft pick. The pick, a 2009 4th round pick if the Penguins made the playoffs, was later turned into a 2009 3rd round pick once the Penguins advanced to the 2nd round of the 2009 Stanley Cup playoffs.

If they don't re-sign Guerin...now that will be funny.

being directly tied into the rise and fall of the auto industry along with very close friends and family... I took offense to this sign... Its not a matter of there is a professional athlete "approving" of this sign by agreeing to stand in a picture next to it. its that fact that people are poking fun at many peoples livelyhoods that are crumbling around them.

This was really insulting on so many levels to us, the people that are actually 100% affected by Obamas Actions and Inactions.

With that said i am more insulted by the owners of this place than the person posing...classless indeed

being directly tied into the rise and fall of the auto industry along with very close friends and family... I took offense to this sign... Its not a matter of there is a professional athlete "approving" of this sign by agreeing to stand in a picture next to it. its that fact that people are poking fun at many peoples livelyhoods that are crumbling around them.

This was really insulting on so many levels to us, the people that are actually 100% affected by Obamas Actions and Inactions.

With that said i am more insulted by the owners of this place than the person posing...classless indeed

not going political, and sorry for the situation in mich. but dont blame obama or gw for that matter. industry was a wreck long before them. you will bounce back. you always do

not going political, and sorry for the situation in mich. but dont blame obama or gw for that matter. industry was a wreck long before them. you will bounce back. you always do

I am not blaming them at all... I could care less what Obama really does ( i didn't vote for him)

There is no reason Obama should have been tied into the sign in Pittsburgh against detroit. that was a classless act/prank by some moronic/clueless shop owner in pittsburgh

Edited by OsGOD

I am not blaming them at all... I could care less what Obama really does ( i didn't vote for him)

There is no reason Obama should have been tied into the sign in Pittsburgh against detroit. that was a classless act/prank by some moronic/clueless shop owner in pittsburgh

I DIDNT EITHER HA HA

and agreed

This would be pretty similar to putting up a sign during last year's playoffs when we played the Aves and make it say something like "Don't let any of your schools get shot this time" or if the Lions played New Orleans in football playoffs and our sign said "How's Hurricane Katrina rebuilding working out for you?"

This would be pretty similar to putting up a sign during last year's playoffs when we played the Aves and make it say something like "Don't let any of your schools get shot this time" or if the Lions played New Orleans in football playoffs and our sign said "How's Hurricane Katrina rebuilding working out for you?"

lions in playoffs? :-)

Thats actually a great comparison. I dont see how this sign is anything close to funny, its just classless. Thats not me being too sensitive, thats me being a realist. I dont think the people who are struggling to feed their families find it to be funny or cute.

Thats actually a great comparison. I dont see how this sign is anything close to funny, its just classless. Thats not me being too sensitive, thats me being a realist. I dont think the people who are struggling to feed their families find it to be funny or cute.

How true. The whole thing is tasteless and low-class.

But why would we be surprised??

You guys are pathetic, it's a joke. And no it is NOTHING like commenting about columbine or katrina where lives were lost. I had to register just to comment on your "whining" worse than the man you all love to hate. That's right.. #87. :rolleyes:

Get a sense of humor jeez..

You guys are pathetic, it's a joke. And no it is NOTHING like commenting about columbine or katrina where lives were lost. I had to register just to comment on your "whining" worse than the man you all love to hate. That's right.. #87. :rolleyes:

Get a sense of humor jeez..

You don't think people have committed suicide over this situation? There are a lot of sad desperate people here and some of them have tried to find a way out. Thank you for joining solely to give us your insight, but until you know someone who has done this or had to go through this than your insight doesn't matter. We have a sense of humor...but this is NOT funny. Why don't you lose your job and life savings as the result of a corrupt industry and put some kids through college then tell me how funny it is.

I think it's a funny picture, and my job is greatly affected by Michigan's current economic crisis. Why do I think it's funny you ask? Because it's just an opposing team's hockey player standing in front of a sign that says something related to the current battle for the Stanley Cup. No more, no less. Many of you people need to lighten up and get a sense of humor, this picture means nothing and I don't think one ounce less of Guerin for it.

I don't know why people think the economic situation in this country, not just Detroit, is funny. I really don't. Wow, people are destitute, losing their jobs, can't feed their families......I can see how that would tickle someone's funny bone. :rolleyes:

It's only funny to you if you're not worried about when and where your next paycheck is coming from.

Edited by Electrophile

I don't know why people think the economic situation in this country, not just Detroit, is funny. I really don't. Wow, people are destitute, losing their jobs, can't feed their families......I can see how that would tickle someone's funny bone. :rolleyes:

It's only funny to you if you're not worried about when and where your next paycheck is coming from.

Or they're in denial of their own money issues.

Thing is if a Wings player/fan did something like that I'd without a doubt blast them for it. In fact, I'd probably criticize them harder. But no, it's just a joke, stop being a woman, and get me a beer while you're at it will ya?