• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

Headaches worse for Red Wings' Andreas Lilja

Rate this topic

Guest E_S_A_D
It's a shame that so many great enforcers have had their careers shortened due to injuries.

I hope he's not the next to go through with that.

Good thing he's not an enforcer, nor never has been.

Guest micah

Get well soon, Lilja.

I wonder which is worst, the headaches, missing out on the playoffs, or the knowledge that you let Shea Weber put you out. Dude ain't exactly Boogaard.

But Jiri Fischer's heart thing happened like 3 years before 2008. I don't see the pattern.

If you switch it to "absence of starting defenseman", Fischer did miss the final game of the 2002 Cup b/c of suspension. That kinda helps the pattern, I guess :)

Guest micah
Neither is Lilja.

Boogaard has a reputation for breaking people's faces and turning the lights out on people. Weber does not. To my knowledge, Lilja is the only player that has ever hurt by fighting Shea Weber.

I absolutely sick of losing defenseman to freak injuries. Car accident for Vladdi, heart trouble for Fischer, and a punch to Lilja's head. C'mon, this is getting old.

I hope they can figure out if they can do anything and get him some type of treatmet. I wonder what strategy Detroit has in case Lils cannot come back. I know they've covered it very well calling up Big E but what about next season. His injury doesn't count against our cap does it? I hope he can start feeling better soon and can get back on the ice and be a great defenseman for us soon; hopefully next season.

Boogaard has a reputation for breaking people's faces and turning the lights out on people. Weber does not. To my knowledge, Lilja is the only player that has ever hurt by fighting Shea Weber.

I would consider this a "freak injury" more than anything.

Guest mindfly

Seem like the few fights wings players take they end up injured or bruised somehow.. or maybe it's just the feeling you get

Guest micah
Seem like the few fights wings players take they end up injured or bruised somehow.. or maybe it's just the feeling you get

I think your feeling is right. I'm quite certain that the Wings have missed more man-games per fight than any other team this year. They just aren't very tough. They refuse to fight, and when they finally do consent to a fight, they display why they refused to fight.

Guest Shoreline
I think your feeling is right. I'm quite certain that the Wings have missed more man-games per fight than any other team this year. They just aren't very tough. They refuse to fight, and when they finally do consent to a fight, they display why they refused to fight.

Simple solution then: Don't fight. :)

Less injuries, likely more wins.

Boy, I bet he'll return to action just wanting to get into another pointless fight, amirite?

srsly

Any kind of message he was looking to send will henceforth and forever be overshadowed by a different one should he ever return: punch him in the head and his career could be over.

His priorities are his health, getting back on the ice, and playing again regularly. Fighting shouldn't even be a consideration.

Guy dominates for several seasons, and now people are saying he shouldn't fight anymore.

How about the Wings just enact a team wide policy, where any player who fights gets kicked off the team?

Do you think that someone who has recently recovered from a series head injury should fight?

Guest Shoreline
Do you think that someone who has recently recovered from a series head injury should fight?

Yes. Fighting is the only reason to watch the NHL.

I've never been a Lilja supporter. In fact, in my house, he's knowns as Lakidillia. However, I wouldn't wish this on ANYONE! I do hope he gets better soon and can get rid of the head aches.

It's probably not the smartest thing, but in hockey in my opinion fighting is relatively healthy. At least it's not like in other sports where the players all attack each other with no regard.