• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MississippiWing

Win This One For....

Rate this topic

Guy and Gals we all know there are great reasons to win this Cup. Win this one for the fans and things like that go without needing to be stated, but I just wanted to take a thread to give out some positive vibes so here we go. Feel free to add yours to this list.

Win this one for Gordie Howe. (The man is a rock and has been through hell this year)

Win this one for Detroit. (No city in America needs more of a reason to celebrate right now than Detroit)

Win this one for the unemployed fans. (Win it for the fans who have found a way to use up saved money or have scraped by so that they could buy tickets to a Wings playoff game)

Win this one for the guys leaving. (Some of them this may be their last time to win the Cup. Send them out the right way)

Win this one for the people that said you couldn't (The Salary Cap era was to be the end of the repeat champions. Prove the league wrong)

Win this one for the unemployed fans. (Win it for the fans who have found a way to use up saved money or have scraped by so that they could buy tickets to a Wings playoff game)

You're kidding right? I know a good bit of unemployed people around here, and the last thing they were scraping up money for was one of Illitch's over-priced tickets. Seriously, that's a pretty ridiculous statement right there.

If the Red Wings organization gave a damn about the people of Detroit, they would have lowered ticket prices in light of Michigan's economy, and maybe they would have given away some tickets to all those "unemployed fans". They didn't do either.

Edited by Mister Puck

Why didn't you post this in win it for Detroit, instead of making a new thread?

It's okay... I thought of making a thread like this myself. Glad somebody else did.

Win it for the fans who don't want to be harassed by Leafs fans pretending to be Pens fans for the next 365 days.

Other than that, I think you covered it.

Edited by cirov19

Win it for my child, due this Jan., that will be brought up a devote wings fan. I will start the brainwashing as soon as it can hear voices outside of mommy's tummy. I want to tell it tales of Detroits tear-filled game 7 victory in the 08-09 SCF.

:P

Win it for Bettman to shove it in his face.

Win it for the haters who said Osgood will always be a career backup.

Win it for all fans of the Western Conference who are sick of the NHL and its love for shoving Eastern teams down their throats.

And kind of personal...win it for my mom's friend whose 20-year-old son died in a car accident two days ago.

You're kidding right? I know a good bit of unemployed people around here, and the last thing they were scraping up money for was one of Illitch's over-priced tickets. Seriously, that's a pretty ridiculous statement right there.

If the Red Wings organization gave a damn about the people of Detroit, they would have lowered ticket prices in light of Michigan's economy, and maybe they would have given away some tickets to all those "unemployed fans". They didn't do either.

The Illitchs have lowered ticket prices constantly over the last couple seasons, but as a business, as great as they are, they can't afford to just give away a lot of tickets. Glad there are more trolls....

Win it for my child, due this Jan., that will be brought up a devote wings fan. I will start the brainwashing as soon as it can hear voices outside of mommy's tummy. I want to tell it tales of Detroits tear-filled game 7 victory in the 08-09 SCF.

:P

It would be terrible for your child to be brought into a world where Sidney Crosby has the Stanley Cup.

Edited by Lovin Jiri Fischer

Win it for Bettman to shove it in his face.

Win it for the haters who said Osgood will always be a career backup.

Win it for all fans of the Western Conference who are sick of the NHL and its love for shoving Eastern teams down their throats.

And kind of personal...win it for my mom's friend whose 20-year-old son died in a car accident two days ago.

Werd.

Win it for Vladi, the man will always be a Red Wing.

And whoever said it above, for my son due in August (gonna be named Nicklas, tell me the old lady's not a keeper right there!)

It would be terrible for your child to be brought into a world where Sidney Crosby has the Stanley Cup.

Yes! This is a great reason!

Win this one for eveything already stated.

Win this one for YES the unemployed fans. Some of us are so die hard that we would scrape together enough just to go to a game! If I could have I would have! I got to go to my first playoff game ever this year because of a great and generous friend, though! Just because we can't afford tickets, doesn't mean we don't love and support our beloved hockey team! Win it so that those of us who are unemployed and can't afford a game can still go to the parade in the hundreds of thousands or million+ can show our love! (While the ticket prices are high, they are some of the lowest for home playoff games. I, among many, could still not afford them, but that's the truth.)

Win this one so Dan O'halloran can Boo-Hoo that he couldn't disallow goals because of Holmer's ass.

Win this one to show that even if we have our beloved traditions stripped from us, we can still win. (Nobody tune into NBC/CBC for parade coverage if we do win!)

Win this one for all the fans, damnit!

(and not to be selfish, but)

Win it because I came home just for the finals and the potential victory.

**I wish this thread could go straight to the locker room as motivation instead of that douchebag picture of Guerin. I think it would go miles further...

Edited by Nic

for honnor

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;

For he to-day that sheds his blood with me

Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,

This day shall gentle his condition;

And gentlemen in Detroit now-a-bed

Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,

And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks

That fought with us upon Lord Stanley's day.

My grandmother passed away earlier this year. She was a diehard Wings fan all her life, and stuck with the team through thick and thin. Even when she was bedridden for the last couple months, she still followed the Wings. Alot of my love for the team came from her.

I can all but guarantee she'll be watching this one somewhere