• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Vladifan

USA Today article

Rate this topic

My prediction: All of those facts add up to this game going into double overtime. Take the Red Wings to give the NHL back-to-back championships for the first time since they did it in 1997-98.

God help me if this is what happens. I'll take the double OT win over the regulation loss, but I'll probably be dead by the time the Wings score in 2OT.

Just finish the Pens off in the third please sweet Jesus.

God help me if this is what happens. I'll take the double OT win over the regulation loss, but I'll probably be dead by the time the Wings score in 2OT.

I think if it goes that far, I'll be so numb I won't even notice if they lose until the next day.

My heart is fluttering now, I'd hate to think about what it would be doing in 2OT. I'm hoping for some 2002 Wings/Avs magic

The thing is, there really is NO way to predict this game. I mean, how can you predict a defensive pinch that leads to an odd man break? Or, how can you predict a bad goal like the first one scored by Stuart on Fleury in game 1? You really can't. The fact of the matter is, this game could go either way from one tiny slip up that no one sees coming. It truly is anyone's game. The slight advantage goes to the Wings just because of the energy the Joe provides......but even then, it could still go the other way.

The thing is, there really is NO way to predict this game. I mean, how can you predict a defensive pinch that leads to an odd man break? Or, how can you predict a bad goal like the first one scored by Stuart on Fleury in game 1? You really can't. The fact of the matter is, this game could go either way from one tiny slip up that no one sees coming. It truly is anyone's game. The slight advantage goes to the Wings just because of the energy the Joe provides......but even then, it could still go the other way.

Your "bad goal" thought reminded me of something the NHL network guys talked about today/tonight. That if a fluke goal is scored on Fleury, chances are he may not hold it together whereas i f the same thing happens to Ozzie, he will remain focused in spite of it. I think that's a very valid point. They absolutely have to pepper Fleury as much as they can.

Meanwhile, I have this strange calmness going on right now that the Wings will not let this one get away from them. It may not last, but it sure feels OK right now.

Oh yeah. Larry Murphy says he's looked at this game from every angle and says he believes the Wings have a 61% chance of winning it. Which leaves the Penguins at 39%. Don't know how he arrived at that conclusion, but I can live with that. ;)

You know what would be even better than 2OT?

How about a scoreless draw going into the 6th OT before we finally win the longest game ever :scared:

Meanwhile, I have this strange calmness going on right now that the Wings will not let this one get away from them. It may not last, but it sure feels OK right now.

I know what you mean. I'm normally a nervous wreck before big games like this but for some reason I'm not worried at all. That will probably change once the puck drops though.

You know what would be even better than 2OT?

How about a scoreless draw going into the 6th OT before we finally win the longest game ever :scared:

I would have suffered from a heart attack by the end of the the 3rd OT. Keeled over on my floor in a jersey still grasping my beer.