• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 7 GDT: Penguins 2 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

Well, no matter the outcome, we took the league to the final bell: game 7 of the finals. Throughout the regular season many fans, including myself, were concerned about our poor defensive effort through 82 games. Our penalty kill left something to be desired, our goaltending was mediocre, the only stat that was above average was wins. However, we got some kinks worked out and swept through a tough first time playoff team in the Blue Jackets.

NCL_BLUE24__-_04_23_2009_-.2_04-24-09_C5_CADLEHD.jpg

Then was what many called the real battle for the cup with the round 2 matchup with the Anaheim Ducks. They took us to 7 games and we had to battle through a very physical series that saw a bit of everything from questionable hits, questionable calls, overtime letdowns, and a blue collar goal to end the series.051409-Dan-Cleary.jpg

Round three was in itself a challenge. The Hawks boasted a plethora of young stars who were bound and determined to make a mark in the NHL. They made it to the conference finals in some of their first ever playoff experience. Though the Wings took the series in 5 games, 3 of them went into overtime. This series brought a nationally unknown, but locally loved Darren Helm into the spotlight with an epic penalty kill reminiscent of Zetterberg's kill from last year. Helm broke out in this series as a player to be reckoned with, leading the playoffs in hits.

Then came the Stanley Cup Finals. A rematch of last year, the finals were sure to be exciting, and thus far, have lived up to every expectation. The Penguins were devastated last year after seeing the Wings lift the Cup in Pittsburgh. The Red Wings plucked Marian Hossa and Ty Conklin out of Pittsburgh to join the Red and White for another bite at the apple, only to see the Penguins come back in full force, with a mid-season replacement coach, and some new (and old) replacements to the roster. Bill Guerin and Chris Kunitz joined the Black and Gold to bring some experience to a roster looking for revenge.

ba-aptopix_pengu_0500194339.jpgzetterberg_trophy4.jpg

Through 6 games of the finals, the home teams have held serve, with close games fought and dominant games won. Now comes Game 7, the last game NHL fans will see in this season. Each team has fought through adversity and are both well rested after a 2 day break. This is now a 1 game season to determine who has the will and determination to step up and close this epic series out. Will the Red Wings veteran laced lineup repeat the task of hoisting the 35 pound silver cup again, or will the young upstart Penguins pull an upset for the ages and win a game 7 on enemy territory? We shall see tonight as the Detroit Red Wings and Pittsburgh Penguins lace up their skates one last time in a duel to the death. Winner takes all, loser goes home empty handed. This is the pinnacle of all professional sports. 1 game to decide a champion.

Break out the beer and pizza, sit back, and enjoy the game of the decade.

nhl_g_redwings_penguins1_sw_576.jpg

Edited by rwfan007

im so nervous for tomorrows game and i have so much stuff to do prior to game time but i almost dont care!

talk about an all or nothing situation...

akl;dsffakjsdlf

possibly the cap on a series for the ages.

obviously if the Wings win tonight its back to back Cups - again.

yet the thought of sidney crosby putting the stanley cup over his head in detroit will keep me from sleep tonight.

The most coveted trophy in all of sports.

The one teams have to work the hardest for.

Grueling, unending battles for the puck. Blood-letting hits, incessant defense and offense and then picking yourself up one more time and doing it all over again.

Detroit Red Wings - you are so damn good and you're such fine human beings. And I love you so much for what you've done for Michigan, Detroit, and us fans.

I honestly wish there were a way we/I could pay you back for all the joy and excitement you've given us/me.

But it looks like you're going to have to do it on your own. Again. One last brilliant, shining time for yourselves.

And oh god, have you earned it.

Love yourselves and each other out there and take pride in the fact that no one does hockey as well as you do. And you are a team.

Our hearts, our love and our good vibes are with you. And thank you so much for all you've given us.

OMGOMGOMG.

Words cannot describe how extremely nervous and excited I am.

PLEASE WINGS, PLEASEEE COME OUT STRONG. COME OUT FLYING. DON'T EVER SIT BACK. TAKE IT TO THE PENS FROM THE GET GO. SCORE EARLY, FAST AND OFTEN! SCORE MANY. AND I MEAN MANY.

COME ON FELLAS, YOU GOT THIS! WIN IT FOR DETROIT. WIN IT IN FRONT OF THE HOME CROWD!! SO WE CAN PARTY ALL NIGHT LONG!

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!!!!!

OZZIE! OZZIE! OZZIE!

This is it Wings.....it's

....all or nothing

....the whoooooole enchilada

....the whoooooole shaBANG

....for all the marbles

....the entire pie (that is if Malkin didn't already eat it!)

....the whoooooole KitnCaboodle

....for the F'N STANLEY CUP!!!!

--------How the Wings will score----------

LIDS~blast from the point (a couple times)

MULE~backhander

CLEARY~breakaway

PAVS~Datsyukian Deke

Z~5 hole forehand/backhand

HUDS~midair stick swing

RAFI~blast from the point

STUIE~wrister from top of the circle while getting slashed (penalty called on Pens)

HOMER~defliction/tip in

HELMS~breakaway (a couple times)

HOSSA~bulldozing Fleury, rebound off Fleury's ass and in by blade of stick (no goalie intf. called)

KRONNER~fake slapper then wrist shot from the point

DRAPES~rebound off Fleury's helmet hits inside of post & in

FILS~another spectacular flying squirrel goal

BIG E~5 hole

LEBS~is somewhere he shouldn't be, post rebound unable for Fleury to see......snap shot in

MALTS~bang it in after pile up at the net (followed by penalty on Pens)

oh &

SAMMY~his headhunter shot goes in the net (not outside)

and of course OZZZZIIIIIIIEEEEEE - tops of the score with a goal on a Pens empty net

LET'S GO WINGS!

Win it in the D!

The Cup will be in the house......and I'm "Hooked on a Feelin'" :D

GO WINGS!!!!

(ps....met another Wings fan today on our little island in Alaska.....good vibes)

Guest mindfly

Hossa just score... like three times! and you will be totally forgiven

Stanley Cup Final. Game 7.

The only thing worse than this tension wise, is if this damn thing goes into OT. :(

Now for some complementary NHL on ESPN music for effect.

:champs: Make it 12! GO WINGS!