• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 7 GDT: Penguins 2 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

:sly: All right Wings fans.....this is it!

I can't wait.......! I am so excited and nervous, and sleep deprived.

Just so everyone knows....

I had a dream last night.....not of what the outcome was.....but it was like I was the coach and all though i can't remember the words, I gave the Wings the most motivational speech they could ever possibly hear! The players were pumped and ready for a win! I even had a personal heart to heart w/ Huds while I helped him change his laces in his skates.......I woke up as soon as Ozzie's skate touched the ice! The Joe was crazy loud and the Wings were Cup ready to play! .......

The Wings have made me proud this year! I will not predict any score for today, I am not saying they are going to ____ or ____. We aren't saying the W or L words at all today in this house......just hand signs!!

We know in our hearts what will happen tonight!

I think all fans should refrain from posting ANYTHING negative today AND tonight during the game!

The Wings are the Wings.....the Freaking Detroit Red Wings! They will make us all historically proud tonight!!!

LETS GO RED WINGS! Men....it is up to you! Let's keep the Cup in the Joe!

Thank you for all your hard playing this year, especially all of you with the injuries......You are a great team and all are great players.

LETS GO WINGS!

SCF FEVER!!!! is it time yet?!?!?!

You seem to be so full of love, nice to read actually...

Wow.. maltby for the GWG.. what are the odds for that? :P

For some reason, these kinds of games are often decided by the players who don't usually score. I guess it's because everyone is so focused on shutting down the star players that they forget about the grinders.

Would not be surprised at all if Maltby, Draper or someone like that gets the GWG.

Guest mindfly
For some reason, these kinds of games are often decided by the players who don't usually score. I guess it's because everyone is so focused on shutting down the star players that they forget about the grinders.

Would not be surprised at all if Maltby, Draper or someone like that gets the GWG.

Yeah I guess...

I think Draper has the most probable chance of scoring tonight though.. maltby.. not so much :P

I don't know if that's completely true.

97 - Lidstrom and McCarty

98 - Brown, Lapointe, Murphy, Brown

02 - Holmstrom, Shanahan, Shanahan

08 - Rafalski, Filppula, Zetterberg

You got your big guns, some second liners and a few grinders. I hope we get the same kind of mix tonight.

There shouldn't be anymore "managing the cup hangover," a nice way to say resting during games. Tonight they just gotta give everything they got and take nothing home with them except their families and the sweet feeling of victory.

I won't be able to be on LGW tonite, so I wanted to post in this thread now. It's part of my playoff gameday routine and I don't want to mess with my juju.

Take care of business boys! We want the cup! We want the cup! GO WINGS!

Hello Datsyukgrl! I also reside in Atlanta, any other Red Wing fans in the ATL hanging around tonight? Go Wings!! Tonight is going to be amazing!

4-2 Wings after an empty netter...it has to be...I'll be an empty shell of a man unless we win tonight. And I hope Bettman gets an octopus to the head, regardless of who he's presenting trophies to.

Dear Wings,

I love you all. Thank you for a great season. You have kept me entertained for months, and I am grateful for it. You have worked hard and played hard. Go out there and do what you do best: win. Then take the summer for enjoyment and fun with your family and friends.

Love, Your Friend, Karen

PS: Please don't get rid of my Sammy :(

PPS: I'm calling it now: Maltby with the GWG.

PPPS. Please don't get rid of my Rexy either :(

Maltby GWG would be the most epic thing ever. Of course, I would probably say that about whichever Wing gets the hopeful GWG.

Oh god, I have to stop thinking about it or else I will be sick and/or get a stress headache.

Let me tell you guys something.

Four years before my father died, we were playing street hockey in the street. And he gets down on one knee and he says to me, son someday you’re going to be on your own, you’re gonna have to judge new people, and make your own decisions. And if there’s one thing you can take with you through all of these times, it’s loyalty. It means that somebody out there gives shi t about you. And you have to ask yourself who do I give a shi t about. Every day when you wake up and before you go to bed, you need to have a long look in the mirror and ask yourself who you are loyal to. If you ever forget who and what you are loyal to, then you forget yourself.

After Game 6 Tuesday, I asked myself that very question and it lead to deeper thinking. What is loyalty is sports? How does one show loyalty to a team? Is it writing your team off when they blow a chance to win the cup? No. It’s giving a shi t about every second those players in red are working their as sses off on that ice. It’s about supporting your team no matter what. It’s knowing that the sun will rise in the morning and will you be there to meet it.

If the red wings show this loyalty tonight, there is no doubt in my mind that we will be able to emerge victorious. The penguins showed incredible loyalty on Tuesday and in many of their playoff games, but this is the SCF and it will take the wings to next level of loyalty to be successful. Even as supporters of these wings, we must show loyalty, never wavering. If the red wings show loyalty and we show loyalty back, we cannot lose.

Remember, without loyalty, that desire, that inbred spirit, true greatness can never be fully realized. But thanks be to heaven, every so often, a team emerges from the pits of he ll to become something greater as a whole than any one player could ever be. And that my friends, will be the Detroit Red Wings tonight. And that my friends, is loyalty.