• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 7 GDT: Penguins 2 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

(From "Gypsy")

I had a dream. A dream about you, Red Wings!

It's gonna come true, Red Wings!

They think that we're through, Red Wings...

You'll be swell! You'll be great!

Gonna have the whole game on a plate!

Starting here, starting now -

Hey team, everything's coming up Red Wings!

Take the ice! Move the puck!

'Cause the Penguins, they've run out of luck!

Get a goal! You're on a roll!

Hey guys, everything's coming up Red Wings!

Now's your time, boys - Stand the league on it's ear!

Set Pens spinning, It'll be just the beginning!

So no frets! You're the vets!

You got nothin' to hit but the nets!

You'll be swell! You'll be great!

We can tell. It's your fate!

This biggest game is yours and we can't wait!

Hey team, everything's coming up Red Wings for Babs and for YOU!!

my prediction:

hossa in OT for the 2-1 win.

the entire state of michigan has a heart attack simultaneously.

Yeah but it would be so worth it. I'd even commute there to be a part of it.

Mebee I should leave soon, huh? :shocking:

The Wings better come out for this game like their asses are on fire. They better play like if they lose they're all fired.

I knew you were a feisty little s***, but I had no idea you had that kind of clout/power! :blink:

This is truly the end. Over 100 games - a frustrating yet successful regular season, a beyond impressive playoff run, and it comes down to one game. 60 minutes on home ice in Hockeytown for a chance to repeat as champions. Sometimes I feel like the Red Wings are so damn good that we as fans forget how blessed we have been the past 12 years. I read a stat that blew my mind the other day: since 1917, there are five teams in the NHL (including the Red Wings) that have won five Stanley Cups and yet here we are watching our team go for five in a little more than a decade. High expectations are what make this organization great, but can you fully appreciate and cherish success if that's all we know? I will be just as pissed as anyone if the Red Wings lose tonight, but in reality there won't be a second that I will look back and say I wasn't proud to be a fan of the Red Wings. Hopefully it doesn't matter because I believe the team in red will come out one more time and get it done because they have so many times before.

Let's party tonight Detroit with another championship and the Cup staying in Hockeytown where it belongs! I can't possibly take all summer with the image of Sidney Crsoby skating around JLA with his pathetic "beard" and the Stanley Cup. The Joe is going to be nuts and winning it all at home will be so much better.

Let's Go Red Wings!

:octo: :goalie1: :champs:

I think you're pretty much out of luck unless you're wearing blue tights and a red cape.

:)

Well then nevermind. The red cape I've got, but I don't think they make orthopedic tights...

This is truly the end. Over 100 games - a frustrating yet successful regular season, a beyond impressive playoff run, and it comes down to one game. 60 minutes on home ice in Hockeytown for a chance to repeat as champions. Sometimes I feel like the Red Wings are so damn good that we as fans forget how blessed we have been the past 12 years. I read a stat that blew my mind the other day: since 1917, there are five teams in the NHL (including the Red Wings) that have won five Stanley Cups and yet here we are watching our team go for five in a little more than a decade. High expectations are what make this organization great, but can you fully appreciate and cherish success if that's all we know? I will be just as pissed as anyone if the Red Wings lose tonight, but in reality there won't be a second that I will look back and say I wasn't proud to be a fan of the Red Wings. Hopefully it doesn't matter because I believe the team in red will come out one more time and get it done because they have so many times before.

Let's party tonight Detroit with another championship and the Cup staying in Hockeytown where it belongs! I can't possibly take all summer with the image of Sidney Crsoby skating around JLA with his pathetic "beard" and the Stanley Cup. The Joe is going to be nuts and winning it all at home will be so much better.

Let's Go Red Wings!

:octo: :goalie1: :champs:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The Joe will definitely explode! That is what I most look forward to, the fans totally freaking will be awesome.

Interesting article on ESPN:

Game 7 equals …

• Cinnamon French toast and a side of home fries. Served by Megan Fox. In a Winnipeg Jets sweater.

• Ne-Yo opening for Animal Collective opening for MGMT opening for Ben Folds opening for Prince opening for Blink 182 opening for Green Day opening for U2 opening for Bruce Springsteen opening for Tool opening for whatever the "Hockey Night in Canada" opening montage is for Friday's Game 7.

[+] Enlarge

Bruce Bennett Studios/Getty Images

Game 7 equals ... ending a 54-year-old curse in grand fashion.

• A 9-year-old boy with his hat on backward shooting a flawless, roof-daddy wrist shot in his shorts on a warm June night at a tattered, rusty net. And, remember, Game 7 is not on a school night. Rejoice, Sparky.

• The selfless soul of hockey, best defined by Bobby Orr's soul. If deity is selfless, thoughtful, humble and sensitive toward others, then we should be, too.

• The smell of a new pair of skates.

• The mayhem in the movie "The Hangover." It most resembles a young, single NHL player's offseason once Game 7 is over. The craziest bachelor party you've attended is for the 24-year-old left winger making $2.5 large. Every night in Vegas is Game 7.

• The smell of an old pair of skates.

Game 7 equals …

• The bond of father and son, their shared-logo T-shirt and their shared stomach of nerves as the puck is about to be dropped Friday night. Stomachs in Pennsylvania and Michigan will feel as though they just ate five pounds of grapes.

• The pride and passion of two rust-belt cities mortgaging a portion of their summer moods pending the result of a 60-minute hockey game. Whoever wins Friday night, it will matter much to the proud and soulful people of Detroit and Pittsburgh. The Cup will feel warm and welcomed at either victory party.

• The Facebook message from the girl you didn't have the courage to ask out when you were in high school. If you are in high school right now and are reading this, ask that girl out next hockey season. Tell her you have two tickets to the game and you wanted to know if she could go.

• Listening to music with your headphones on in the dark. The best way to listen to music and, sometimes, deal with an unreasonable mate.

Game 7 equals …

• The fountain of youth. No other game keeps its population younger. Mike Emrick and Jim Hughson will sound like they are calling their first hockey game during Game 7. Gordie Howe will curse at referee Paul Devorski over an uncalled hook on Pavel Datsyuk. Mario Lemieux will be more nervous than any game he ever played in. Everyone associated with the game -- you, me, scouts, players, coaches and administrators -- will hate the tension but love how the game, this game, makes them feel so alive.

Hockey is a great vaccination for boredom. Life is hard and cruel. Leaving childhood, leaving adolescence, entering middle age and moving slowly into the autumn of our years is all taxing and sad -- not to mention dealing with the tragedies that happen along the way that chip away at our spirit.

All we can do is keep moving, keep skating and keep living the best we can, selflessly and passionately, until the final buzzer sounds. Just like the players in Friday's Game 7.

Game 7 is here. Stay thirsty, my friends.

[Editor's note: Be sure to check out Bucci's end-of-season extravaganza column on Tuesday.]

John Buccigross' e-mail address -- for questions, comments or crosschecks -- is john.buccigross@espn.com

Oh yea...........GO WINGS, KICK THE s*** OUT OF THE PENS!!!!!

Please God let the Wings win this and NO OVERTIME. I can't take even the thought of OT. Everyone remember me tonight when you are surrounded by your own for I will be the only one in a Wings shirt amidst a crowd of drunk Pens fans. I don't wanna have to listen to they're s%^$. I want so bad to rub it in their ugly F@#!ing faces. I HATE pittsburgh!!!!!!!!!!!!! DIE PITTSBURGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ranting:

Lets Go Boys, if there has been one thing this group of hall of famers hasnt seen yet, its a game 7 in the stanley cup finals. Everything else has been accomplished, lets take it to them

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5
My 4 year old nephew loves the Wings and his prediction: 10-1 Wings, lol.

what a complete idiot, no way we'll score 10 goals in a SCF game 7

haha just messin

My sister is in the hospital and I spent all day hanging out with her. Every other person in the University of Michigan University Hospital was wearing Wings merchandise of some sort and the game was all anyone was talking about. I kept passing bits and pieces of conversation involving the Wings, praising Lidstrom, making fun of Sidney Crosby, etc etc. I have a hard time believing it's anything like this in Pittsburgh for their Penguins. This state, this team and these fans are something freaking special. We deserve this cup!