• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 7 GDT: Penguins 2 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

Hossa is someone we should hate for the rest of our lives, more than Pens fans hated him this season.

He's one of the biggest jokes in Wings history and a one night stand that went terribly wrong, despite starting out real well.

To: Hossa

Checks in the mail.

What a let down this guy was. Still, last game of the season, the game everything rests on, and this the effort you give the fans. Sure, the last 10 minutes where great, but what about the other 50 minutes? This loss whould be easier to swallow if they had put up some effort, but this just sucks. I would send Hossa packing, I would send Hudler packing (he's just to small), I would send Lebda packing (this guy is useless), and I would send Samuelson packing. Really disappointed in Hossa. I thought he would dominate, but he was nothing.

Well, at least we finished in 2nd. What a nice year it was. It's just terrible the effort they gave us in the 7th game. Have a nice summer guys.

The Wings lost. I feel terrible. But mostly I feel terrible for them that for whatever reason, they didn't bring their A game. Then again, more than half the fans on this board didn't even bring their F game.

I wish all the stalwart, reasonable Wings' fans well here. As for the rest of you, I feel very sad for you. You're like little brats who want everything yesterday. And I am done trying to tolerate your piss-ant attitude when things don't go the way YOU think they should go.

I won't be here, but I can only imagine how YOU"RE going to deal with all the rabid animals that will come screaming in from the so-called Pens "fans" side of things. Hell, most of you have already ripped your team more than they ever could. You deserve eachother.

Again, to the real fans here, I wish you a great rest-of-the-summer.

And tomorrow, I'm going to make it a special point to drive somewhere so I can fly my Wings' car flag.

Edited by Vladifan

The most frustrating thing is I only think the pens played really well in two games...thy just got tactically smarter and we made bad mistakes and looked very very tired. In games 3 and 4 the refs were determined to even thngs up. basically as we feared, staal's Pk goal was probably the most important moment of the series. Fleury came up big in games 6 & 7 and we were disjointed. No wholesale changes needed, just some tweaking. Helm and Ericsson will be better for a full year in the NHL. 2 of sammy, hossa and huds will be gone, and I suspect maltby will be 13th forward. If lils comes back, lebda will be 7th d-man...

If we were less banged up we'd have won this (or if franzen had nailed sid in game 1!).

MAF, Malkin, Staal, Talbot, Scuderi (to a lesser degree orpik, letang, kennedy) were brilliant for the pens. Crosby, Gonchar, Guerin, Satan did absolutely f*** all.

Unfortunately we had slightly more no shows......will be intersting to see the injury list...

Guest Shoreline
All fairweather fans present can feel free to go root for the Penguins now.

Thanks to the team for a good season.

Yes. Please do. Those gleefully calling this game over in the 2nd period and the series over after Game 4 and Game 6, please do yourselves a favor and f*** off.

Malkin would be my choice. Fleury came up big the last few games, but overall Malkin was their best player. Congrats to them. I love the Wings, have for more than 20 years. I never give up on this team. But I sure as hell can criticize them because I also praise them. You cannot play 5-10 minutes of high intensity hockey and expect to win a game. That is true in the regular season and is absolutely impossible in the playoffs (let alone Game 7 of the Finals).

I love the Wings but this is not as hard as I thought. We simply did not deserve to win and they did. Good for the Penns. A team that almost scrapped and sold and here you go, two SCF in a row and won one of them. That's impressive.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I haven't felt this s***ty since my Browns lost to Elway with the drive and Ernest Byner fumbled at the goal line.

Seriously, this one is tough to take.

For the record, I think Detroit has got to lead the NHL in the worst statistics in history. Seriously, how many records do we hold that you wouldn't want to hold.

If there were a statistic that showed 18 million times out of 18 million times the same thing happened and the best team won, Detroit would go out there and f*** it up.

Is this the 2nd time (out of 3 times in league history) that we've lost this way in a final? Didn't we blow a 3 games to none lead in the 50's or 60's as well.

I'm not going to bang on Hossa. He got shut down, but so did Franzen, Dats, Hank, Malkin and Crosby.

Bottom line:

Talbot showed up for every game of the series pretty much.

Sammy

Cleary

Filpulla

Homer

Where was the offensive depth? We had it all year and it vaporized in the finals.

f*** it, going out for a long walk and a smoke. See you all around free agency time.

GS&T out

Yes. Please do. Those gleefully calling this game over in the 2nd period and the series over after Game 4 and Game 6, please do yourselves a favor and f*** off.

As I said in my second to last post on here for the season, about 2/3 of our fans ripped our team more than any Pens' fans probably will here. They deserve each other.

What happened to the Wings? How could they let the Pens control the game tempo? This was the biggest game of their lives and they half assed it like it was still October!! The Pens deserved it. Good job pussin out Wings!!

Nice how Crosby did not hand off the cup to say Malkin first!!