• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 7 GDT: Penguins 2 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

I didn't think I would but I watched Crosby raise the Cup on our ice. It hurt. A LOT. But I can honestly say I won't ever take a Presidents Trophy, #1 home ice, s*** even a ******* playoff spot for granted ever again.

They outplayed the Wings tonight and it sucks. Hard. I have to go face a guy I work with on Sunday. His favorite teams are the Penguins, Cowboys, Celtics oh wait the Magic after Boston was eliminated and the Yankees. Bandwagon to the extreme. Yet he'll get the last laugh this year. That is probably the worst part of this loss.

I always wondered what it was like to make it all the way to the finals and lose. Now I know that feeling. Meh. Go Red Wings. You're still my favorite hockey team.

Crysby thanking talbot (my mvp scored important goals) lose hossa bring on griffins no need for 2 time losers that goes for you conklin aswell yet again no real offence to help ossie sounds like before the cap

Well, worst case scenario realized. I had a pretty good idea where this one was going after the second goal... but held out hope. For naught, unfortunately.

I'm sure Stuart feels pretty awful right now -- bad time to have the worst game of your life. But that's how it goes.

It hurts and it really sucks, but I don't feel the need to dwell on this for very long. Tomorrow will be a new day, and for once in what seems like a very long time I won't have to think about hockey.

Congrats to the Pens. They clearly wanted it more.

Hopefully Detroit will get a few more players that WANT to win a little more.

Marian Hossa... sorry, hope I don't see you wearing the Winged Wheel ever again.

Sickening.

Now to watch Crosby with the cup on every single NHL ad next season will be wonderful.

I can't wait to see next year's center Ice commercials making fun of the Pittsburg, and making it look like we won the cup...that is going to be awesome!

Hey, this was a fantastic season, it didnt go as expected defensively during the season, but we made it to the last shot of game 7 of the finals, after winning a cup last season. I would call that a large achievement.

This doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would.

I knew we'd lose as soon as the first goal was scored. It was close in the end, but the Wings just didn't get enough quality scoring chances.

Good defense by the Pens to keep them on the outside.

Players that I'm proud of in the Wings this game:

Z - as always he showed heart and kept fighting the whole game.

Filppula - Great game by him, and a great playoffs.

Ericsson - The guy I was afraid would fall apart in a pressure situation like this, stepped up and scored a goal and played solid, unlike STUART.

Datsyuk - He tried. He wasn't 100%, but he did his best. If we had him for Game 3 and 4 I think we would have won this series.

Cleary - Heart, heart, heart.

The rest: a mix of awful (Stuart, Homer), invisible (Hossa, Franzen, Helm), meaningless (Sammy, Maltby, Draper), and simply not up to standard (Lids, Kronner).

Ozzie wasn't bad. He couldn't outplay Fleury in these last 2 games, but the team owed it to him to bail him out in atleast one of them. He had a great run, sadly he couldn't finish it off with a cup and a Conn Smythe.

Also, if there's one BIG coaching blunder Babs did in this series, it's benching Abdelkader. I know he didn't want him on the Wing, but when you have a hot player you don't sit him. Maltby and Draper did NOTHING.

Will be interesting to see what happens with this team. Some changes needs to be made, but let's not forget how close we were. The real hunger and puck luck wasn't there this year. Not to mention things like the 1st goal should have been icing, we should have gotten a PP when Malkin hooked Filppula in the 1st period. And the schedule hurt us, injuries, the Anaheim series took it's toll.. in the end it was all a little bit too much.

Shame, but we'll be back.

Anyone calling a fan here that's pissed off and upset can eat a dick. We are all very passionate about our team.

The Pens deserve to win this cup. They beat us 4 out of 5 games when nobody said they could (including me). Props to them.

Also I think the crowd at JLA is actually being pretty classy, by chearing players that are skating around with the cup.

Any Pens fans on this board, congratulations. Your team deserves it.

In regard to the wings, absolutely no excuse. Pathetic effort. The only reason the wings controlled the 3rd period like they did was because the Pens had a 2-goal lead and it was virtually a 20 minute penalty kill. Absolutely pathetic play by Stuart tonight. He cost us this game singlehandedly.

Couldn't agree more

If we thought the Cindy love was bad before...wait. The NHL's golden child now has a Cup. They're going to shove this s*** down our throats every chance they get.

Unwatchable. Honestly, I don't think I could watch any games outside of FSD.

:(

-Oh well, way I see it, it's Wings 1, Pens 1.

-TV off, no way I can stomach Crosby with the cup. This just sucks.

-It was a great season. A lot of ups and downs, but I'm still and always will be proud of my boys!

-Buh-bye Hossa!

-It's gonna be a looonnnggg off-season. See you guys in the fall!

-I'm gonna go watch us winning it last year, maybe it'll cheer me up a little bit.

Stop baggin on Hossa, EVERYONE needed to step up and not many did. Everyone just feels comfortable finding him as the scapegoat because he most likely won't be here next season. I have no one bad thing to say about him that I can't say about most players on the team and in the end, I enjoyed having the hoss this season.

You know, Pavs wasn't always the best playoff performer either and I don't care who you are, him playing against the pens had to be pretty harsh on his mind.

I would love to see him back but do not think we will, unfortunately.

I watched Malkin get the Conn Smythe but I changed the channel afterwards because I could not stomach seeing Bettman giving the cup to Crosby.

Here's to next season...

hope it has a better outcome.

Funny, but it isn't the end of the world is it.

95 was much much much much.... much worse.

This. 1995 was like being hit by a Mac truck, or Kronwall. That season just exploded at the end...

This doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would.

I knew we'd lose as soon as the first goal was scored. It was close in the end, but the Wings just didn't get enough quality scoring chances.

Good defense by the Pens to keep them on the outside.

Players that I'm proud of in the Wings this game:

Z - as always he showed heart and kept fighting the whole game.

Filppula - Great game by him, and a great playoffs.

Ericsson - The guy I was afraid would fall apart in a pressure situation like this, stepped up and scored a goal and played solid, unlike STUART.

Datsyuk - He tried. He wasn't 100%, but he did his best. If we had him for Game 3 and 4 I think we would have won this series.

Cleary - Heart, heart, heart.

The rest: a mix of awful (Stuart, Homer), invisible (Hossa, Franzen, Helm), meaningless (Sammy, Maltby, Draper), and simply not up to standard (Lids, Kronner).

Ozzie wasn't bad. He couldn't outplay Fleury in these last 2 games, but the team owed it to him to bail him out in atleast one of them. He had a great run, sadly he couldn't finish it off with a cup and a Conn Smythe.

Also, if there's one BIG coaching blunder Babs did in this series, it's benching Abdelkader. I know he didn't want him on the Wing, but when you have a hot player you don't sit him. Maltby and Draper did NOTHING.

Will be interesting to see what happens with this team. Some changes needs to be made, but let's not forget how close we were. The real hunger and puck luck wasn't there this year. Not to mention things like the 1st goal should have been icing, we should have gotten a PP when Malkin hooked Filppula in the 1st period. And the schedule hurt us, injuries, the Anaheim series took it's toll.. in the end it was all a little bit too much.

Shame, but we'll be back.

What the f*** are you smoking?

Stay classy, Detroit! Happy to see the crowd hang around and give their due respect to a worthy champion.

Glad to see them boo Bettman. ;)

I'd have given the Conn Smythe to Orpik but heck, who cares in the end.

Fleury's save was legendary!

Hats off to the Pens, I was very happy to see many of their players win the Cup.