• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 7 GDT: Penguins 2 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

I think '95 was worse. It was a long period of time in between cups for the team and I HIGHLY doubt anyone here was even alive for the cup in '55.

Losing game 7 at home to Cindy is pretty tough though. I dont think I would mind this as much if it were another team like Boston or the Rangers...

Lesson 1 of the 2009 NHL Stanley Cup> Fact: The better team doesn't always win.

Lesson 2 of the 2009 NHL Stanley Cup> Fact: The better team being the Redwings, was clearly demonstrated in Game 5 blowout and the score differentials in the games. Pens limped across with 2-1 wins, Detroit dominated with 3-1, 5-0 type wins.

Lesson 3 of the 2009 NHL Stanley Cup> Fact: The classless Pens (as demonstrated by their trying to hurt Detroit players when getting spanked in game 5) barely won the cup against truly impossible odds... but Detroit is still Hockeytown and Pittsburgh is still The Pitt.

Bonus Lesson: Life is pain, then you die. :ranting:

Agreed & Thank You!

One positive: We aren't the defending champions anymore. We don't have AS BIG of a target on our backs going into next season. Yeah, s***ty consolation prize, but it's something? *shrug*

Forgot this one in my post, hats off to the Wings as well, of course. A worthy finalist and a great season. How often do you get to play this late in the year and get your hands so close to the Cup? How quickly can you fall in a 20 year slump? 51 year slump?

Great job, guys, looking forward to next year.

Unwatchable. Honestly, I don't think I could watch any games outside of FSD.

Unfortunately, I don't live in the Detroit area, so I don't get FSD. I'm stuck with NBC and Versus for Wings games. If I'm employed by next season, I may invest in Center Ice.

This is why they invented remote controls and mute buttons. If the Cindy!love starts, I can change the channel or mute the announcers.

Unfortunately, I don't live in the Detroit area, so I don't get FSD. I'm stuck with NBC and Versus for Wings games. If I'm employed by next season, I may invest in Center Ice.

This is why they invented remote controls and mute buttons. If the Cindy!love starts, I can change the channel or mute the announcers.

Even when you mute it, they'll show graphics with a picture of Wayne Gretzky next to Crosby. So either way you're doomed! :P

Well congrats to the Pens....

But now I just hate that we lost, and also that the NHL from the whole beginning of the season did not want the redwings to win.

This is even more obvious in the cup finals.

To name a few:

Game 2: Malkin instigator----> not suspended while all previous player were

Game 3or4: 25sec of too many men uncalled----> very obvious to see (and sometimes they are calling very tricky ones)

Game 7: 1st goal scored---> Icing should have been called before the turnover

2nd goal----> High sticking on samuelsson not called neither.

With all the respect i have for the Penguins, I'm just sick at Bettman and whomever wanted to see Crosby win. I like Crosby and respect him of course, but having to rely on the official mistakes to win a cup is just lame. I hope someday the Penguins will be able to win another cup, with this time real hockey odds and not "corrupted" refs.

Questions: "Why the NHL doesnot favorise anyteam that could repeat?"

Why Bettman simply hate the Redwings?

Why we got boed last year when we won and this year we have the respect to applaude the winning team (fanwise speaking)?

Why Hossa who wanted the cup soooo bad did actually played the worst 2 game of his life?

Anyway i'm just sad we lost,

Better chance next year.

I can't believe their effort. When a hockey player gets to Stanley Cup finals he should play every shift like Helm does: 110%. Pens were hungrier, but how on earth didn't the Wings want the Cup even a little bit?

One positive: We aren't the defending champions anymore. We don't have AS BIG of a target on our backs going into next season. Yeah, s***ty consolation prize, but it's something? *shrug*

There's more than one positive....but I like yours.......when the Wings take it next year....people will say Crosby who?!?!

Still say it would have been nice to have had at least one player on the team with the gonads to make Maxine pay when he slashed Dats in the foot in Game 5. Maybe he doesn't score two goals tonight if someone had stepped up and broken his jaw instead of letting him get away with it. Just sayin.

It hasn't hit me yet how disappointing this loss is.

We could have skated the Cup in our building tonight. It never felt that way during the game, but I realize it now. Pathetic showing.

No hunger because they were there last year. That's what happens when you've won before, you lose your hunger.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
I think the main issue this offseason is defense. We can use the cap relief after letting Hossa go, and patch stuff up in that department. Gotta admit, Pittsburgh's defense was great.

Last comment for awhile folks.

Pittsburgh's defense played ok. Scuderi and Orpik played lights out, the rest of them were ok.

As I said in a post a few days ago, as much as it hurts, as much as I want to give props to Pitt, and they deserve alot, MA Fleury especially,

THIS IS STILL AN UPSET OF EPIC ******* PROPORTIONS!

Orpik

Scuderi

Gonchar

Gill

Eaton

Letang

Lidstrom

Rafalski

Kronwall

Stuart

Ericsson

Lebda

HOW THE f*** does a team with an INJURED GONCHAR, PYLON GILL, NO NAME EATON, Lebda CLONE LETANG and prior to the playoffs NO NAME SCUDERI shut down the Red Wings? Orpik is the only guy on that d corps I would ever want in a Wings sweater. And they ******* beat us?

Well, I hope this is the straw that breaks the camel's back and that we finally shed some old, deader weight and bring in some more grit and toughness.

We were one game away, yes. But anybody with 1 good eyeball can see that the Wings, for all the finesse, all the playmaking ability, when faced with playing a desperate team that is keeping everything to the outside, converging down low and blocking every ******* shot possible, we lose every goddamned time.

Ed Olchyk said it best: "WINGS AREN'T GETTING ANYBODY TO THE NET". Enough with having 10 out of 12 forwards be offensive minded Europeans. Give me Abdelkader. Give me Helm. Give me Talbot. Give me Pisani. Give me Moen. Give me something a little different in the lineup. Not an overhaul, just a tweak.

We gave this Cup away folks. We gave it away.

I am absolutely sick to my stomach right now. I turned it off with about 10 minutes left in the game, knowing the push from the Wings was too late. And there was no way I was going to watch captain puss skate the Cup around, I already hate everything about him as it is. Now all of next season, all we will be treated too is even more Crosby ass kissing, as if we haven't had more than enough crammed down our throats as it is. Maybe it's just because I'm upset and pissed off because of the loss, but I am seriously debating on whether or not I will watch hockey next season. I love the Wings more than anything, but I simply can not stand the amount of Crosby suckfest that will be happening after tonight, moreso than usual. It absolutely blows that it ended this way, Ozzie deserved better, and I just wish the boys would have showed up sooner and won the game.

Hell of a season boys and girls, sad way to end it though.

There's more than one positive....but I like yours.......when the Wings take it next year.... :blink:people will say Crosby who?!?!

:blink:

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Ok obviously losses affect people in different ways.

I get pissed.

Viavinni gets catatonic.

You go senile. that explains your posts.

The Wings didn't play an entire 60 minute game at any point in the finals. The fact of the matter is that the Wings are talented enough to win with a partial effort most of the time but you can't beat a team like the Pens if you are going to sleepwalk through most of the game.

It's also a bit disappointing when a player saves his absolute worst game of the playoffs for game 7 of the cup finals (hint- I'm talking about Brad Stuart).

Also, I just hope the Wings don't offer Hossa any big money this offseason. Hossa either played most of the playoffs with some latent injury or he just decided not to show up for most of the games.

But the bottom line is that the Pens are a great team and they most definitely earned the cup this season. Congrats to them.

Now to watch Crosby with the cup on every single NHL ad next season will be wonderful.

That is probably what bothers me most about this...

Good to look at the positives.

At least now we can all go back to our normal lives. I have been blowing off a lot of school work to watch the wings play hockey. I have also been blowing off a lot of hang outs with my friends. So at least things go back to normal now.

Im also excited for next year!! I hope we get to see Helm, Leino, Abdelkader, and Ericsson all season long. I feel they are ready for it. I have this feeling that next year we are going to have a very hungry hockey club again.

Hopefully Lids still has another strong season or two left in him. Thats the one major thing im worried about.