• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 7 GDT: Penguins 2 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

the pens deserved it. they were the better, hungrier team. i can't believe crosby's hoisting the cup. as much as i can't stand him, his team was better. game 7 of the cup finals is as well as you can do without lifting it, so despite the loss, it was a good season. we saw a team that was clearly more driven. the team that plays harder and wants it more should win, and i think that was the case.

homer, dats, and hossa had terrible post-seasons. they need to focus and when the playoffs come around next year, i hope one of them (if we still have hossa) shows up.

I can't believe their effort. When a hockey player gets to Stanley Cup finals he should play every shift like Helm does: 110%. Pens were hungrier, but how on earth didn't the Wings want the Cup even a little bit?

I think the Wings showed a lot of effort. They started the game good, then Stuart f***ed things up and was directly responsible for 2 goals, it took them a while to recover but they were a crossbar and a huge save away from getting OT.

Seriously, if Stuart had only played a DECENT game, we would atleast be watching OT right now.

We can talk all we want about guys not stepping up, like Hossa, but what did Malkin (and Crosby but he was injured for most of this game) do tonight, or the last 2-3 games for that matter?

This was a weird game, but I don't think the Wings played as bad some make it seem. As many predicted, the 1st goal was HUGE. Up until that point it was anybody's game.

Yes. Absolutely you are. I don't ever want to see him here again.

Amen.

It's like having a one-night stand with a girl which doesn't end up being so good. In the morning, she wants you to start dating her.

I don't think so.

Hossa can go back to s***tsburgh for all I care.

I am absolutely shocked and heart broken. :(

I can't believe they waited sooo long to show up for this game! For gods sake, it's game 7! I just really don't know what else to say. I'm totally baffled!

On a side note, did anyone else hear Gary congratulate Detroit on a great season? Cause I didn't hear it! Maybe it was all the booing drowning it out.

My head hurts!

It was weird to see the pile of Penguins throwing up their gear, Malkin grabbing the Conn Smythe, and Crosby lifting the Cup. It's all starting to sink in now, some tears; I feel so bad for Ozzie....

I still love my Red Wings.

Me too. Well not the crying part, but I still love this team to death. I just keep reminding myself, I felt like crap after they lost to the Devils in 95 and then they had three straight incredible seasons, two with championships. This team isn't done making its mark yet. Not even close.

Oh, and one more "f*** you" to Detroit:

You f***ers with the seats in the lower bowl that sold out to some Pittsburgh fans can rot in hell. You corporate scumbags who don't show up during the regular season games and sell your tickets during the playoff games: may you wither and die, after your families do right before your eyes.

See this post is what makes some of our points about "fairweather fans"....

YES the Pens deserved to win because they won 4 games......but the fans that have been saying the Wings don't deserve to win because they lost games 3&4 and then those same fans say they deserve to win because they won game 5 with a shut out...but then when it came to game 6 all the sudden the SAME fans were again saying that the Wings deserve to lose......if the Wings would have won tonight.....those FANS would say they knew it all along, they had faith in their team...blah blah blah....but the Wings lost....so those fans that thought the Wings deserved it in games 1-2-5.....are the SAME FANS that are now saying the Wings DIDN"T deserve it because they lost!....MAKE UP YOUR F'N MIND! Either you are with them or not! This is the first game I have been totally pissed off with anyone except for the time I mentioned a shutout before the game was over (and we won anyway!).........

You say pathetic effort....so, what you're saying, outshooting in all but the 1st...having better faceoffs in the 1st (and the refs) had NOTHING to do with the Wings effort?!? You have got to be kidding.....lets see....who would YOU like to not see next year....because according to a lot of fans on here, if we put them all together, the whole team would be gone, exception of Lids and Z.....so in relpy to your post......NOT ALL FANS THAT COMPLAIN ARE TRUE FANS.....

The fans that are congratulating the Wings for the season are the true fans. They made it to the SCF....again......yes, they lost....but ya know....they can't win all the time......They put forth effort, hell, did you see the Pens w/ a shutout in 7 games....I DON"T THINK SO!

That said....next year is another chance WINGS!

Firehawk is right though. As much as it pains me to say it, the Pens did deserve this game. Just like the Wings deserved to win game 5. They may have out shot them in the latter part of the game and they did win the faceoffs, but they could not control the puck.

Winning the faceoffs is nice but is pointless when you turn the puck over every two seconds. The Wings got behind early so it is no wonder they outshot them.

It is frustrating b/c the Redwings thought they could just half ass it the first two periods and come back in the 3rd. That crap may work in the regular season but it simply will not fly in the playoffs, especially game 7 of the SCF.

It is not that people are "fair weather fans", it is that they know the Wings know how to win and simply did not play up to their potential in such a big game.

The bright side, guys:

Pittsburgh will never get this close to the Cup again. Their team is going to be dismantled and they're going to look a lot more like they did the first part of the season. Crosby may have the cup, but real hockey fans know he did jack s*** in the finals and doesn't deserve the mantle given him. He's not even the best player on his team.

:(

I don't even know what to say.

Those guys skating out there in red and white were not the Red Wings. They just weren't.

This is such an god awful horrible feeling. It hurts so damn bad.

I really feel for Ozzie and Flip. Especially in this game where it seemed like they were the only ones to show up.

Regardless of how heartbreaking this is, I'm very proud of our Wings. We'll win it in '10.

just a question, how many of you think that Babcock still be the coach of the redwings? I personally think he has half of next season to show us something or else he is OUT.

This s*** actually brought me out of my self-imposed exile this evening.

What horsecrap.

You f***ers with the seats in the lower bowl that sold out to some Pittsburgh fans can rot in hell. You corporate scumbags who don't show up during the regular season games and sell your tickets during the playoff games: may you wither and die, after your families do right before your eyes.

:blink: Oh my.

I will always love my wings....

Even if they didn't win the Cup.

Even if they got beat by Buttman.

Even if they Crosby held up the Cup in the Joe

Even if the same team that was on the ice tonight won't be back next year

Even if we seemed lack-luster at best

I still love the Red Wings with a passion and my burning passion will boil over to next season when they take the ice and start the quest for the cup in 2009!

I hope to see THE TRUE FANS, here on the offseason discussing the draft, trade rumors, and other signings. Let's stay fans and not be bandwaggoneers.

But who just got $2 billion in stimulus money? ;)

Since some of you guys seem to need your spirits lifted a little and I'm either a pro at dealing with stress or emotionally dead inside (leaning towards the latter :D) I present you with this question...

Anyone think the league will throw us a bone and doctor up a nice Center Ice commercial making it look like the Wings won the finals?

Now that you are done ranting...will you tell the this board how you really feel.

The bright side, guys:

Pittsburgh will never get this close to the Cup again. Their team is going to be dismantled and they're going to look a lot more like they did the first part of the season. Crosby may have the cup, but real hockey fans know he did jack s*** in the finals and doesn't deserve the mantle given him. He's not even the best player on his team.

Even if they don't win again, how's that supposed to make any of us feel good?

There really is no silver lining with this loss.

All year long you want a game 7 at home in the Finals, and we blew it.

This team won something like 12 games in a row at closing out teams, but in the last 2 years, we've had some hiccups. The killer instinct isn't there anymore.

just a question, how many of you think that Babcock still be the coach of the redwings? I personally think he has half of next season to show us something or else he is OUT.

:blink:

Getting one win away from back-to-back cups isn't good enough for you? We're all disappointed but get some perspective man.