• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 7 GDT: Penguins 2 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

Mike Babcock is the best coach in the NHL. I wouldn't give him up for anything!

If you think this loss is his fault, go shove you're head in a cow's cause that's the source of the s*** you are talking! Bunch of assholes!

just a question, how many of you think that Babcock still be the coach of the redwings? I personally think he has half of next season to show us something or else he is OUT.

I said something earlier when I was pissed off, but there's no way he'll NOT finish next year with the Wings.

I DO think the team needs an attitude adjustment and I DO think that will happen with personnel changes, not what the head guy is doing.

just a question, how many of you think that Babcock still be the coach of the redwings? I personally think he has half of next season to show us something or else he is OUT.

He's toast. They are going to bring Dave Lewis back. :P

Fire a coach after leading a team to 3 straight conference finals appearances and two straight Stanley Cup appearances and one championship in 3 years?

How many other coaches have been in that position?

With that logic, they should have fired Bowman after the 1994 season.

The coach can only do so much.

QUOTE (IBLEEDREDWINGS0911 @ June 12, 2009 - 11:18PM)

This s*** actually brought me out of my self-imposed exile this evening.

What horsecrap.

so you can sit in your seat and safely say that Babcock did a good job coaching the wings this series? Im a die hard wings fan but i cant sit here and sell the idea of Babcock coaching the team well this series at all. We both have our opinions though, so it doesnt bother me whether you think its horsecrap or not.

Edited by IBLEEDREDWINGS0911

Babcock will be back all next season how many regular season wins and 1 cup and a finals appearance does he need to be appreciated PLEASE no more chokers kenny

Now that you are done ranting...will you tell the this board how you really feel.

Sorry. Just amazed the the Detroit ******* Red Wings would roll over like this ON HOME ICE and die.

Thank you, Henrik, Nicklas and Ozzie... for never giving up.

Good-bye Jiri, Sammy, and you, Marian-*******-Hossa... don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Time for a long break from hockey... will be good for my blood pressure.

I didn't see the whole game; but the third period just looked like one of those games. The Wings just have a way of going into a shell. 12 minutes left, and there's little hop, little urgency, little attack. It just never felt right. I don't know how they got to this point; maybe they did run out of gas. But Game 5 was how the Wings could play. Games 6 and 7 were how they often lose. What a shame, because this is a great team.

Turnovers........turnovers..........turnovers.......cost the wings this game, and basically were the downfall the whole series. That statistic, along with the horrible penalty kill all season, were about as un-Redwing-like as anything I've seen in years. Maybe there is something to that "it's harder to repeat" theory that I originally thought. Just a few random thoughts while I drown my sorrows in another grey goose and cranberry juice. And, I can't wait to hear the true injury report in the next few days..........I have a feeling it will be much more extrensive than anyone imagined.

all I can say is Ozzie... Ozzie... Ozzie... the rest of the team choked... oh well better be a fan of a team that can make it to game 7 Cup Final versus a team that can't even make into playoffs... thank you for a great season....

P.S. Hate Crosby, but Congrads Malkin you are the man...

all I can say is Ozzie... Ozzie... Ozzie... the rest of the team choked... oh well better be a fan of a team that can make it to game 7 Cup Final versus a team that can't even make into playoffs... thank you for a great season....

P.S. Hate Crosby, but Congrads Malkin you are the man...

Ozzie was great in the playoffs, but he was outplayed tonight.

Sorry. Just amazed the the Detroit ******* Red Wings would roll over like this ON HOME ICE and die.

Thank you, Henrik, Nicklas and Ozzie... for never giving up.

Good-bye Jiri, Sammy, and you, Marian-*******-Hossa... don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Time for a long break from hockey... will be good for my blood pressure.

I think Hossa stays next year. I think he played like s*** because he was injured. If not, then he just sucked it up. I think he comes back next year. I am looking forward to the draft. The Wings do an amazing job of finding hidden talent in the draft.

I really hope to see Abby in the full-time line up next year. I think he would be a great addition to the team!

Firehawk is right though. As much as it pains me to say it, the Pens did deserve this game. Just like the Wings deserved to win game 5. They may have out shot them in the latter part of the game and they did win the faceoffs, but they could not control the puck.

Winning the faceoffs is nice but is pointless when you turn the puck over every two seconds. The Wings got behind early so it is no wonder they outshot them.

It is frustrating b/c the Redwings thought they could just half ass it the first two periods and come back in the 3rd. That crap may work in the regular season but it simply will not fly in the playoffs, especially game 7 of the SCF.

It is not that people are "fair weather fans", it is that they know the Wings know how to win and simply did not play up to their potential in such a big game.

I agreed that the Pens deserved to win......but not ALL Wings fans on this forum know how GREAT & TALENTED the Wings are, they do not know how each player is feeling on game day.....there are things that none of us know that might be going on with the team....if we all knew everything, then so would the Pens and they would play on it. I AM NOT making excuses for the Wings....the better team won tonight, as much as it pains me to say that......but if a person is not an actual Wings player, then they have no right to say that that player did not play to his potential.......

That would be like you telling me (even though we've never met and you were watching TV or live and saw me play softball a million times)...that just because I didn't win the Championship game that I didn't 'play to my potential"...for all you know, I could have had a pulled muscle, torn muscle, broken toe, dislocated shoulder, parent pass away.....swine flu, etc.......) The fact of the matter is......I believe that the Wings play to their full ability.....HAVE I SEEN BETTER BY THE WINGS.....ABSOLUTELY.....but do they play the same every game, NO.....does any team....NO.....But I love them all the same. And that's all that matters.

Again, I am devistated the Wings lost.....absolutely devistated, will I bash them and talk bad about them...ABSOLUTELY NOT! I wouldn't tell my 8 year old son he didn't deserve to win his ball game just because he lost, I wouldn't tell him he needed to be off that team, I would say, GOOD TRY, BETTER LUCK NEXT YEAR. ....(yes I know the Wings aren't 8 years old, it's teh example of "trying your best" that Im going for.....) As I said before, a person does not know what a players BEST is unless they are that player......

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

all i can say is the red wings had one hell of a year...

they were one of the favourites to win the cup..not THE favourite ( i believe the sharks were the favourite heading into the playoffs ) ..but at any rate..we managed to get to the final...and we still are the western conference champions .. :)

I think Hossa stays next year. I think he played like s*** because he was injured. If not, then he just sucked it up. I think he comes back next year. I am looking forward to the draft. The Wings do an amazing job of finding hidden talent in the draft.

I really hope to see Abby in the full-time line up next year. I think he would be a great addition to the team!

Abby is the type of guy who can grind and score that way, so is Helm BTW.

I'm afraid Leino isn't quite ready for the NHL though.

i guess based on a score board, but honestly wings didn't give Ozzie a chance... Ozzie sucked in regular season but was fantastic in playoffs couldn't have asked for more. Giving the wings roster, all they could muster is 2 goals in the last 2 games? embarrassing oh well...

Abby is the type of guy who can grind and score that way, so is Helm BTW.

I'm afraid Leino isn't quite ready for the NHL though.

I think Leino will be ready if Abby comes. They work well together and he will be ready with him, not without him.

I think Helm, Abby, and maybe Leino make a huge impact next year.

Stuart's play this series scared the piss out of me. I am wondering if he will be back next year or if he just had a bad couple of games.

Osgood had his worst game of the playoffs this year I think. Relatively weak goals tonight....

(I'm not blaming him, I'm just stating an observation)

Edited by Z and D for the C