• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 7 GDT: Penguins 2 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

I agreed that the Pens deserved to win......but not ALL Wings fans on this forum know how GREAT & TALENTED the Wings are, they do not know how each player is feeling on game day.....there are things that none of us know that might be going on with the team....if we all knew everything, then so would the Pens and they would play on it. I AM NOT making excuses for the Wings....the better team won tonight, as much as it pains me to say that......but if a person is not an actual Wings player, then they have no right to say that that player did not play to his potential.......

That would be like you telling me (even though we've never met and you were watching TV or live and saw me play softball a million times)...that just because I didn't win the Championship game that I didn't 'play to my potential"...for all you know, I could have had a pulled muscle, torn muscle, broken toe, dislocated shoulder, parent pass away.....swine flu, etc.......) The fact of the matter is......I believe that the Wings play to their full ability.....HAVE I SEEN BETTER BY THE WINGS.....ABSOLUTELY.....but do they play the same every game, NO.....does any team....NO.....But I love them all the same. And that's all that matters.

Again, I am devistated the Wings lost.....absolutely devistated, will I bash them and talk bad about them...ABSOLUTELY NOT! I wouldn't tell my 8 year old son he didn't deserve to win his ball game just because he lost, I wouldn't tell him he needed to be off that team, I would say, GOOD TRY, BETTER LUCK NEXT YEAR. ....(yes I know the Wings aren't 8 years old, it's teh example of "trying your best" that Im going for.....) As I said before, a person does not know what a players BEST is unless they are that player......

You are right, I do not know what a player's best is, however, I have seen better by this team and wonder what happened tonight.

A big problem with kids and sports these days are parents and coaches putting far too much pressure on them to win like they are going to be the next Wayne Gretzky or something instead of just letting them play and I commend you for that.

However amateurs and professionals play the games for far different reasons. Amateurs stand to benefit by having fun and learning life lessons while pros stand to benefit by earning millions a year and have fans shell out big $ to watch them play a kids game.

To amateurs, it is just a game, to professionals, it is their career.

The fact is that they treated this like it was just another game in November instead of game 7 of the SCF.

They had personal issues? So what!! This is the big game now handle it like professionals or don't you dare ask for 8 mil a year and expect fans to spend 100 + to watch your lazy asses play a kids game!! :ranting:

That said, I am happy with the Redwings season as they exceeded our expectations. It just pisses me off that they did not take this game for what it was.

It only seems appropiate...

Thanks again for taking that piece of garbage. Too bad your fans cant be as classy as pittsburgh fans. There was no booing last year. But its ok cuz look at the scoreboard.

We were booing Bettman. Moron.

Blame the new guy eh???

Hossa this

Hossa that....

I didnt see Lidstrom do much tonight...

I dint see Hudler do much tonight........

I didnt see Stuart play like a pro tonight.......

But Hossa was the problem all along........ got it !!!

Relax he wont be here anyway he will leave and go to Edmonton and win a cup there next year!!!!

My point is ONE player does not make a team... If I had time I would find the Hossa signs threads and see how many of you posted in Glee that he was here.......

100% right!!!

a man does not make a team..i hope next year Hossa remain with us and Detroit don't forget to play like RED WINGS!!!

Go WINGS 4eva!

What should Datsyuk get? How bout Franzen and Zetterberg? Do they get $2? Does Stuart owe about $5 million?

With your method, based on the way these guys played in Game 6 and 7, it won't be a problem to get well under the salary cap next year.

Are any of those guys in a contract year? The answer is no. Hossa is and if he wants to stay in Detroit, he's going to have to take a pay cut.

Hockeytown0001:

Thanks SO much for these classy, informational and professional GD threads you produced. I greatly appreciate all the talent and effort and time you put in to setting them up.

Hopefully, you'll be willing to do it again next season?!

I don't want to talk too much about winning the Cup next year right now.

A few hours ago, we had 15 wins and were one win away from the damn Cup. It's not easy to get back to that point, and even if we do get back, I've lost some faith in this team's ability to finish the deal.

Well I guess you had way more faith in this team than I did . To be honest I didn't think they would even get that far, mind you Columbus was a cake walk. And the Penguins who would have thought they would even be in the playoffs. It shows you what shrewd management can do with the right moves at the right time - kudos to Fred Shero jr. his father would be proud. Osgood I have to admit he shutdown all the naysayers which I was one. He was solid in the playoffs. I've been a fan of Detroit for 30 years but at playoff time I decided to pack it in. I was actually rooting for the Ducks imagine it had come to that. I had become disenchanted with the team's direction it had been building for while , I guess ever since Stevie Y left. I don't like the make-up of the team any longer I couldn't stand Holland's longterm deals that I believe will sink the team. I'm sick of all the imports year in year out. Anyhow I experienced all the lows and the highest of highs- ' THERE AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGHER' : but now its time to leave. Good bye Detroit.

Well I guess you had way more faith in this team than I did . To be honest I didn't think they would even get that far, mind you Columbus was a cake walk. And the Penguins who would have thought they would even be in the playoffs. It shows you what shrewd management can do with the right moves at the right time - kudos to Fred Shero jr. his father would be proud. Osgood I have to admit he shutdown all the naysayers which I was one. He was solid in the playoffs. I've been a fan of Detroit for 30 years but at playoff time I decided to pack it in. I was actually rooting for the Ducks imagine it had come to that. I had become disenchanted with the team's direction it had been building for while , I guess ever since Stevie Y left. I don't like the make-up of the team any longer I couldn't stand Holland's longterm deals that I believe will sink the team. I'm sick of all the imports year in year out. Anyhow I experienced all the lows and the highest of highs- ' THERE AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGHER' : but now its time to leave. Good bye Detroit.

Good bye. You will NOT be missed.

Good season but why take Abby out?? that was the biggest mistake ever, the young guys were carrying our team and just couldn't do it anymore. the whole game all that went on was outside shots then rebound chipped to the middle and cleared out by Pens Defense men far from Wings hockey

I can't even begin to explain how proud of the Red Wings I am. We didn't win the Cup, but we made it to the SCF twice in a row. We had a big of a Cup hangover, but compared to other teams - it was virtually non-existant. We have loyal, passionate, and dedicated players. We're going to have a winning teams for years to come and they know it.

I love this team. I love the players. I love the management. I love everything about the Detroit Red Wings. And even though we lost.. I'm so unbelievably proud of them, I can't even begin to explain it.

Good season but why take Abby out?? that was the biggest mistake ever, the young guys were carrying our team and just couldn't do it anymore. the whole game all that went on was outside shots then rebound chipped to the middle and cleared out by Pens Defense men far from Wings hockey

He didn't produce in the Finals.

Hossa, Homer, Hudler and Sammy were all more productive offensively against the Pens, and scored more clutch goals than Abby did.

Good Bye Nossa, hopefully. Give me Abdelkader, Cleary, Sasha&Pasha. Any day. Hossa supposed be a Power Forward? He was skeerd. No room for fear if you wanna win the Cup. That's what it came down to: Guts. Guess wihich team had it and which did NOT! Give me someone who's gona knock somebody's teeth out if they slash Datsyuk's injured foot. Pay me $15,000 a year and I'll do it for the Cup. No Guts, No Glory and this was a perfect example. That said, F#@k Pittsburgh and F#@k Cindy and Bettman and all P#$$Y's who wouldn't lay it on the line to win the Cup. Let em go, spend the money on some hard nosed dudes. Some dudes who will go to the front of the net. Sign me up!!!!

Good Bye Nossa, hopefully. Give me Abdelkader, Cleary, Sasha&Pasha. Any day. Hossa supposed be a Power Forward? He was skeerd. No room for fear if you wanna win the Cup. That's what it came down to: Guts. Guess wihich team had it and which did NOT! Give me someone who's gona knock somebody's teeth out if they slash Datsyuk's injured foot. Pay me $15,000 a year and I'll do it for the Cup. No Guts, No Glory and this was a perfect example. That said, F#@k Pittsburgh and F#@k Cindy and Bettman and all P#$$Y's who wouldn't lay it on the line to win the Cup. Let em go, spend the money on some hard nosed dudes. Some dudes who will go to the front of the net. Sign me up!!!!

You are an idiot...

When Hossa bounces back and scores 40 plus goals again next year and is even hungrier for the cup, you will be glad he is on the team. A couple bad games big deal... nobody performed in the finals.

Good bye. You will NOT be missed.

And you won't see a cup for many a year to come with the cowardly Franzen types that make up this team - shameful t what the Wings have become . Not enough Helms on this team. See you later...

Screw You. I can't throw an opinion out here without being called an idiot. How many cups do you have to lose to get "HUNGRY". I'd much rather have someone like Helm than Hossa out there. Seems the Wings were just fine without Hossa. I don't care if a guy goes cold, but make up for it somewhere else. Take the freakin puck to net, light somebody up, stand in traffic. If your in a slump find some way to affect the game besides a goal.

And you won't see a cup for many a year to come with the cowardly Franzen types that make up this team - shameful t what the Wings have become . Not enough Helms on this team. See you later...

For real. When was the last time this soft team even won a cup? This roster has no chance of winning a cup ever. That's why the last time the wings won a cup was in 1997, when they had enforcers.

Babs said it best. They just didn't have enough juice in the finals and playing with a bandaged team is pretty tough. It was pretty evident in the Chicago series but pulled it out with experience. Anaheim just plain played a very physical series that wore the boys down and couldn't quite get it back with Chicago's fast track.

Hate to say it, but it will be tough to get back into the cup again. I figured this was our best opportunity. Chicago is going to be a very tough road block...they were a year or two sooner than I expected.

Heal up and see ya' next year, hopefully with our fine Griffin boys who helped out tremendously.

I hate how everyone keeps blaming this on Hossa yes he didnt perform well in the playoffs but neither did maltby,draper,hudler,samuelsson or homer Hossa was awesome during the regular season and said he has no regrets i'd just love for him to score 40+ again and win the cup with the wings aginst hte pens of course ;]