• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Snazzy

Respect to Penguins

Rate this topic

Maybe the OP aint like a lot of us, but dude WTF? This thread is bad mojo. Was this really needed at 8 in the f'n morning, the DAY of the game??

Save this for another day. The series isn't even over yet and here you are patting the Pens on the back.

This thread does a good job of separating the actual hockey fans from the Wingtards. Living in metro Detroit, I know plenty of both. The fact that the Wings have been so good for so long seems to breed more and more Wingtards that can't see anything past the red sweaters.

Well, what I stated was fact.

FACT 1: Off the ice, in front of the media, the Penguins have been disrespectful and have talked s***. I have no respect for players that behave this way. It's not hockey.

FACT 2: The Wings don't do this and it's one of the things I respect the most about them, from Coach right down through the line-up.

You could have a team full of guys like Orpik and Scuderi (who I do respect) but throw one Talbot into the mix and my respect for the team as a whole goes bye-bye.

These are my parameters for deciding who I respect and don't respect. My personal choice. Far from making me a "Wingtard" don't you think.

from a pens fan perspective ...... redwing fans seem to take any type of confident comment by the other team as disrespect for the wings.

i guess players from other teams should simply reply "we cannot beat the wings ever. they are simply too great for anyone ever to beat because they are so great at being great." when asked about a series against the wings.

wings go up 2-0 because they are the greatest team ever to walk on water

pens tie it up 2-2 because the pens are dirty, the refs are paid for, bettman is dating crosby, orpik murders children and talbot is the anti-christ.

wings go up 3-2 because if the ice wasnt frozen , they wings would just walk on the water anyway

pens tie it up 3-3 because , the refs didnt give the wings a power play til the 3rd period, sid crosby was on another commercial, hal gil is has pocket ref's, kunitz is a nazi, matt cooke burned down a convent and the entire city of pittsburgh is classless

playoff hockey is great...... and yes, my glasses are as black and gold as yours are red

good luck tonight

Just wanted to make a respect to Penguins thread. I think they deserve credit for making it to the SCF two years in a row. And they deserve props for pushing this '09 series to 7 games, despite being down 2-0 at the start of the series. Penguins have some solid tools in their bag of tricks, and their coach is doing one hell of a job for their team.

Respect to Penguins.

Go Wings! Lets keep the cup in Hockeytown where it belongs!

Sure do. They're due back at the tool shed now.

from a pens fan perspective ...... redwing fans seem to take any type of confident comment by the other team as disrespect for the wings.

i guess players from other teams should simply reply "we cannot beat the wings ever. they are simply too great for anyone ever to beat because they are so great at being great." when asked about a series against the wings.

wings go up 2-0 because they are the greatest team ever to walk on water

pens tie it up 2-2 because the pens are dirty, the refs are paid for, bettman is dating crosby, orpik murders children and talbot is the anti-christ.

wings go up 3-2 because if the ice wasnt frozen , they wings would just walk on the water anyway

pens tie it up 3-3 because , the refs didnt give the wings a power play til the 3rd period, sid crosby was on another commercial, hal gil is has pocket ref's, kunitz is a nazi, matt cooke burned down a convent and the entire city of pittsburgh is classless

playoff hockey is great...... and yes, my glasses are as black and gold as yours are red

good luck tonight

That's funny. You basically described a Wingtard to a tee. In all fairness, most Wings fans that I know aren't like that. They wear rose-colored glasses, but can also recognize good hockey when they see it. But on an internet forum, you can find plenty of Wingtards.

Nevertheless, nearly all Wings fans do think the Red Wings are far superior to any other team. In any of the other six games, I could have gone to the bar in my Pens gear and just received a little friendly razzing, mostly due to the fact that everyone was just so confident that the Wings would roll right over the Pens. The last few days have been a little different. I'll be watching from my home tonight, because I sense that if I go out somewhere, it would get ugly.

That's funny. You basically described a Wingtard to a tee. In all fairness, most Wings fans that I know aren't like that. They wear rose-colored glasses, but can also recognize good hockey when they see it. But on an internet forum, you can find plenty of Wingtards.

Nevertheless, nearly all Wings fans do think the Red Wings are far superior to any other team. In any of the other six games, I could have gone to the bar in my Pens gear and just received a little friendly razzing, mostly due to the fact that everyone was just so confident that the Wings would roll right over the Pens. The last few days have been a little different. I'll be watching from my home tonight, because I sense that if I go out somewhere, it would get ugly.

I'm a Habs fan, but I actually do think that the Wings are far superior to any other team. That doesn't make me a "Wingtard", just someone who can recognize a talented team....I have never been a "fan" of the Wings, but I sure as heck respect them a great deal! Especially this year.

And NO RESPECT to Cindy!

I will continue to withhold my respect for them until after the game to see how they handle themselves... last few losses at the joe they resorted to child like antics and tried their best to goon it up and injury our players... that type of play when you are losing garners no respect from me!

I will continue to withhold my respect for them until after the game to see how they handle themselves... last few losses at the joe they resorted to child like antics and tried their best to goon it up and injury our players... that type of play when you are losing garners no respect from me!

It would actually be fitting is cCrosby shoved it up Detroit's collective asses tonight. It would be fitting because:

1. It would make the loss 100 times more bitter tasting.

2. It would create a huge sceaming babyish "it was fixed" moan out of the Red Wing fandom.

3. It would showcase exactly how bad of sprots and sore losers Wings fans truly are.

4. It would be fun to see Pens fans come here and gloat while you all collectively losey our minds.

5. It would give you an entire year and a half hang-over as the NHL explots Sid's name and reputation to pimp itself, as you collectively pose your minds.

6. It would plant those seeds of doubt about how dominant he is and will be int he future.

Much respect to their coach. I actually like him. Reminds me alot of Babs, which is a good thing. But crosby and his crybaby ways are annoying. The rest of their team has been playin good.

GO WINGS

I give respect to Mario Lemieux, he purchased a run down good for nothing franchise and has put his hockey sense into the team. He found a way to get them to the cup final 2 years in a row which is deserving of respect. I know they got some of the best picks ever for several years (snagging Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Stall, etc) but the fact remains that when the team had a big turn over last summer, they found a way to make the good trades and get back to the finals. Not only that but they have pushed things to a game 7 in the finals. I am totally scared for tonight, and I really want our boys to win big, but I give respect where it was due (and earned) Mr. Lemieux has done that. Props to him.

I think if he can rebound after another potential big turn around this summer and get his team back to the playoffs, we will be witnessing an owner who is at the same phase as Mr. Ilitch. Obviously he has a long way to go before they would be considered equals but it is an impressive start.

It would actually be fitting is cCrosby shoved it up Detroit's collective asses tonight. It would be fitting because:

1. It would make the loss 100 times more bitter tasting.

2. It would create a huge sceaming babyish "it was fixed" moan out of the Red Wing fandom.

3. It would showcase exactly how bad of sprots and sore losers Wings fans truly are.

4. It would be fun to see Pens fans come here and gloat while you all collectively losey our minds.

5. It would give you an entire year and a half hang-over as the NHL explots Sid's name and reputation to pimp itself, as you collectively pose your minds.

6. It would plant those seeds of doubt about how dominant he is and will be int he future.

"It's back...it's way back...it's gone! He got all of that one, folks!!"

God, I hope this really happens.

GO PENS!!

Edited by Mister Puck

"It's back...it's way back...it's gone! He got all of that one, folks!!"

God, I hope this really happens.

GO PENS!!

Mister Puck, everything you said about Wings Fans can also be said about Pens Fans. It's just how life is.

What Sneaky Pete said has Troll written all over it and you just added validity to the Trollness by being a Pens fan and including your approval of it.

Anyhow, Here's to a great series and a great game tonight.

Go Wings!!

Mister Puck, everything you said about Wings Fans can also be said about Pens Fans. It's just how life is.

What Sneaky Pete said has Troll written all over it and you just added validity to the Trollness by being a Pens fan and including your approval of it.

Anyhow, Here's to a great series and a great game tonight.

Go Wings!!

I know. You're completely right. I'm just having a little fun. Tossing a little friendly fire, that's all. I wouldn't dish it if I couldn't take it, and this week, I have mostly certainly taken it. This morning when I came into work, someone had taped Wings pictures all over my office. It's all in good fun.

They deserve some credit I suppose, but watching how badly the Pens acted in game 5...... The words Penguins and respect wont be said in the same sentence by me any time soon unless there's a lack there of in front of the respect.

I hope the Pens act like they did in game 5; in game 7 :)