• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
XxGoWingsxX

Why the wings will win

Rate this topic

Ok, what do wings do? Or allow whoever or whatever they are attatched to, to do? FLY!

Now, what do penguins do? They Dive! And no thats not a stab at crosby...penguins literally dive into cold water.

Wings will fly while the penguins dive under the ice. Again, thats not trying to be funny. Thats fact of what each does. WINGS WILL PREVAIL. Flying Vs. Diving= Wings win.

Sorry, dumb post but I'm soooo excited I can't wait.

Ok, what do wings do? Or allow whoever or whatever they are attatched to, to do? FLY!

Now, what do penguins do? They Dive! And no thats not a stab at crosby...penguins literally dive into cold water.

Wings will fly while the penguins dive under the ice. Again, thats not trying to be funny. Thats fact of what each does. WINGS WILL PREVAIL. Flying Vs. Diving= Wings win.

I guess if making animal comparisons makes you feel better, fine. But I think you're just in denial. Let's face it...

The Pens have largely outplayed the Wings for 5 out the 6 games thus far. The Pens could have easily won Games 1 or 2.

The Pens have won 3 of the last 4 games.

The Wings needed 12 powerplays to put up a decisive win.

Tonight, the Pens will put the cap on this thing. Sid will skate around the Joe with the Cup, and the Wings fans will be visibly upset.

It's a fitting way for the Wings to exit the national stage. The run is over, and the end is beginning.

I guess if making animal comparisons makes you feel better, fine. But I think you're just in denial. Let's face it...

The Pens have largely outplayed the Wings for 5 out the 6 games thus far. The Pens could have easily won Games 1 or 2.

Tonight, the Pens will put the cap on this thing. Sid will skate around the Joe with the Cup, and the Wings fans will be visibly upset.

It's a fitting way for the Wings to exit the national stage. The run is over, and the end is beginning.

Okay, how about if this theory prevails (the Wings win) you never post here again. Deal?

"The Pens have largely outplayed the Wings for 5 out the 6 games thus far. The Pens could have easily won Games 1 or 2."

Yeah but they didn't.

You could make the arguement the other way too saying that the Wings could have easily won games 3 or 4.

The odds are heavily stacked against the Penguins.

Wings have home ice

No visitor has won a game in this series

The wings have outscored the penguins 12-2 in the 3 games so far at Joe Louis

The Wings are 11-1 at home in the playoffs.

Marc-Andre Fleury has struggled at the Joe Louis arena.

The wings also have last change.

Do I need to go on?

Okay, how about if this theory prevails (the Wings win) you never post here again. Deal?

Deal.

If the Wings win tonight, I will make one final post stating that I was completely wrong and misread this series entirely, and then I will never post again.

If the Pens win, I won't be around here rubbing it in either.

I'm just offering up some friendly hockey banter. No offense is intended.

Edited by Mister Puck

"The Pens have largely outplayed the Wings for 5 out the 6 games thus far. The Pens could have easily won Games 1 or 2."

Yeah but they didn't.

You could make the arguement the other way too saying that the Wings could have easily won games 3 or 4.

The odds are heavily stacked against the Penguins.

Wings have home ice

No visitor has won a game in this series

The wings have outscored the penguins 12-2 in the 3 games so far at Joe Louis

The Wings are 11-1 at home in the playoffs.

Marc-Andre Fleury has struggled at the Joe Louis arena.

The wings also have last change.

Do I need to go on?

I don't really think you can make the argument that the Wings could have won games 3 or 4. You could try, but I don't think it's very valid.

On the surface, the odds are stacked against the Pens, and all your stats there are right. However, stats and trends don't win hockey games. We'll see how it plays out on the ice tonight. I myself have a good feeling about this one.

I disagree with the idea that "The Pens have largely outplayed the Wings in five of six games." Did the Pens really outplay the Wings in the first two games? Really? If anything, they were a wash. Did the Pens really outplay the Wings in game 3? That game was probably the closest game of the series. So I'll give you two out of the six games where the Wings were largely outplayed, and they still nearly tied game 6 multiple times in the last ten minutes of the game. In fact, they pretty much dominated the 3rd period of game 6.

I don't really think you can make the argument that the Wings could have won games 3 or 4. You could try, but I don't think it's very valid.

On the surface, the odds are stacked against the Pens, and all your stats there are right. However, stats and trends don't win hockey games. We'll see how it plays out on the ice tonight. I myself have a good feeling about this one.

I agree you cannot make the argument that the Wings could have won games 3 or 4, however you could make the argument that the Wings could have won games 3 or 6. I think games 4 and 5 were dominated by the team that won the respective games.

Strangely in games 1 & 2, and 3 & 6 I think that the games were even throughout, and either team could have won. This has been a crazy series!

Game 1 and 2 we played without our leading scorer and MVP candidate and won by a combined score of 6-2 (one of your goals was actually put in by us)

Games 3 and 4 were close and could have gone either way.

Game 5 we get one of our top stars back, the Penguins turned into the Flyers for a game, played like a pack of thugs and got their asses beat.

As far as the Wings "exiting the national stage", we've been hearing that for at least 10 years now and it was said by people that know a hell of a lot more about hockey than you.

lol

Get the f*** out, ******.

EDIT: This is supposed to quote the guy up there choking on Mario's load.

Edited by The Mule

I can make an argument pretty easily... they were winning in both of those games. If Staal doesn't get the shorty, the Penguins don't get that huge surge of momentum and possibly lose Game 4.

I can make an argument pretty easily... they were winning in both of those games. If Staal doesn't get the shorty, the Penguins don't get that huge surge of momentum and possibly lose Game 4.

EXACTLY!

Deal.

If the Wings win tonight, I will make one final post stating that I was completely wrong and misread this series entirely, and then I will never post again.

If the Pens win, I won't be around here rubbing it in either.

I'm just offering up some friendly hockey banter. No offense is intended.

Hey man we are Red Wing fans we don't get upset we get even.We love some friendly banter as long as the Wings win.lolNow the pens would have a chance if Zeta,Dats ,and Lidstrom was'nt playing.oh and if Ozzy had a big hole in his chest. :crazy:

:champs: :banana: :carrot:

That wont happen and so the Wings kick some butt or tail what ever penguins have and fight over the penguin wings(there good with some BBQ sauce. :lol:

Edited by Jiri the man

No stats and trends don't win hockey games only when there stacked against your team.I bet my dollar to your nickle that your trolling ass will eat these words.

:lol:

The Wings are going to be a dominant team whether we win tonight's game or not.

We've survived having to cut half our salary, and survived having Yzerman, Shanahan and Fedorov leave.

We won't have to rebuild ever. We're not the Pens.

What run is over? Your post was either a joke, or you haven't been following hockey enough to know that the Wings aren't going anywhere.

The Wings will win because everytime Flower boy thinks about the LIVE boards at the Joe his ass slams shut and his nuts crawl up inside and he becomes a soprano........Everynight his dreams of the Cup turn to NIGHTMARES of the puck screaming off the endboards hitting him in the ass and flying into the net.......Little pecker hasn't slept for 2 days.......... :champs::champs::champs::champs::champs: #5s in the bag......

I just wanted to point out a fact to mister puck through the 6 games played the wings have outscored the pens on even strength goals 12 to 7 and total goals over all 16 to 12. You do win hockeys games by out scoring your opponent. So by looking at total numbers here in this series I would have to say the wings have clearly dominated the game by what counts and that is GOALS!!!!!!!!!!

LETS GO REDWINGS *clap clap* *clap clap clap* LETS GO REDWINGS!!!!!!

Edited by Wingerine

Guest Sid the Kid

How does it feel looking down at the bottom of your bottle of Yeagermeister right now knowing that in 9 minutes ..... Sid Crosby will be in the Joe holding Lord Stanley's Cup?