• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pat

PRONGER TRADED TO LA

Rate this topic

GOD I HOPE THIS PANS OUT TO BE TRUE....

I was waiting for you to chime in :) Horrible trade for the Kings, if this is true. I can't begin to understand why they'd make such a trade. Great news for Duck Guy, though! :D

If true, I think it's a good trade for both teams. The Kings need to make the playoffs, and Pronger will get them there. It's only a matter of time now before the Kings become a power in the West. From the Ducks' side, it's a great deal because not only do they clear up cap space but also add to their core of great young players.

I think the Ducks win this one though. It would be pretty even if it was, say, a second round pick, but the 5th overall pick is huge.

Edited by adtthosa

If this is true it looks like LA will try and make a huge splash come July 1st. You don't dump Johnson and the pick like that if you don't plan on making a run.

They are certainly well-positioned to make one. I kept thinking to myself, "The Kings are close to the Cup. They just need to find that missing piece." :ph34r:

Both from The Globe and Mail.

But for now, the official word from Ducks’ GM Bob Murray, in a short but pointed e-mail note, is that it did not happen. In fact, Murray texted back a NO (caps his), when asked if there was any truth to the report.

After the trade deadline, when are teams legally allowed to start trading again?

Certainly, there can be no official deal anyway between teams until the Stanley Cup is won tonight. The roster freeze that goes into effect at the NHL trade deadline remains in place until the season is over – for purposes of fairness, more than anything else. If Detroit and Pittsburgh can’t do deals, no one else can either. Teams can talk; they can frame the parameters of deals; but they can’t do anything official until the commish hands the Cup to either Nicklas Lidstrom or Sidney Crosby.

I sincerely hope this is just a rumor. I would hate to have a guy like Jack Johnson, who not only is a former Wolverine but I really admire the way he plays the game, end up on a team full of goons that I can't stand.

"Hey lets trade the future of our team and the current hope and only thing we have to look forward to this offseason for a washed up ugly guy that lets his anger issues get the best of him"

Makes perfect sense..

This is by far the worst rumor ever created.. end thread

"Hey lets trade the future of our team and the current hope and only thing we have to look forward to this offseason for a washed up ugly guy that lets his anger issues get the best of him"

Makes perfect sense..

This is by far the worst rumor ever created.. end thread

I have to agree with you, but you don't get to where the LA Kings are at by making great decisions.

TheScore.com is reporting that the Anaheim Ducks have traded defenseman Chris Pronger to the Los Angeles Kings for defenseman Jack Johnson and the number five overall pick in this year's NHL entry draft.

Our View

This is huge news from the world of hockey on the day of the biggest game of the season. Pronger looks to be heading to LA, and the Ducks will get a solid young defenseman in Johnson and a chance to move into the top five of the draft. Stay tuned for more information as it becomes available.

I just home from select-a-seat at the honda center and Bob Murry spoke and said that the Pronger trade to the Kings is not true and was very angry about the rumor, So the trade did not and looks like it will not happen until some of the other UFA's say what they are going to do. That is how I see the Pronger thing.

How did this rumor even get started? Inter-division rivalries usually prevent trading between teams. Let alone trading one of the best defensemen in the league? Pronger would make LA a lot better and Anaheim a lot worse. I know it's already been debunked, but this didn't make any sense to begin with.

WTF. Terrible deal for the Kings if that's what it is.

yup...i wouldn't have given the 5th overall pick for that tired old bum pronger, let alone a former first round d-man (even though jack johnson is a complete d-bag)

i hope this isn't true. i'd like to keep hating pronger as a duck

yup...i wouldn't have given the 5th overall pick for that tired old bum pronger, let alone a former first round d-man (even though jack johnson is a complete d-bag)

i hope this isn't true. i'd like to keep hating pronger as a duck

Ok, this brings up a few questions.

If Jack Johnson is so great, why is he being traded away from a 2nd team already in his very short NHL career? (high degree of douchebagness, perhaps?) Yeah , he's obviously a bar bell boy and hits like Fencik & Plank (ok, I quit watching footbal 20 yrs ago, thats the best i could do) but he can't replace Neids or Pronger.

If Neids is leaving soon (freeing up cap room), why would Anaheim trade Pronger and be down both top 2 Dmen? Jack Johnson is not ready for top 2 duty for a long time.

How will this impact the always possible playoff series between the Ducks and the Wings? I gotta admit, I'm more afraid of the thought of Johnson hitting our Euros often than Pronger muggin them and elbowing Holmer every no and then. Johnson can put someone out for the year.

I have a question for you guys, more of an observation, if Bettman wants the NHL to be a big sport again, in the category of NBA, NFL, MLB, shouldnt they try to make LA a big team again, like it or not, LA is a big market, if they can actually make a winning team again, i think the spotlight for hockey would be a lot bigger for newer hockey fans?

Ok, this brings up a few questions.

If Jack Johnson is so great, why is he being traded away from a 2nd team already in his very short NHL career? (high degree of douchebagness, perhaps?) Yeah , he's obviously a bar bell boy and hits like Fencik & Plank (ok, I quit watching footbal 20 yrs ago, thats the best i could do) but he can't replace Neids or Pronger.

If Neids is leaving soon (freeing up cap room), why would Anaheim trade Pronger and be down both top 2 Dmen? Jack Johnson is not ready for top 2 duty for a long time.

How will this impact the always possible playoff series between the Ducks and the Wings? I gotta admit, I'm more afraid of the thought of Johnson hitting our Euros often than Pronger muggin them and elbowing Holmer every no and then. Johnson can put someone out for the year.

johnson was drafted 3rd overall by carolina in 2005. he was in a lame pkg deal to L.A., never played for the hurricanes. I'm not worried at all about him hitting our euros, as he's soft and injury prone himself. he's the one that gets hit by tougher players and sits in the press box for extended periods. go ahead, look for yourself

http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=4956