• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DangleD13

Interesting Radio Bit

Rate this topic

I was listening to 97.1 The Ticket on my way home from work last night, when a Pittsburgh fan called in. He proceeded to state his case about why the Penguins would win, and how the "hockey gods" wouldn't allow Hossa to "do Pittsburgh like that" and win a cup. Typical penguin stuff.

What the radio host said next kind of interested me. He said "If Sidney Crosby acted the way he does in Pittsburgh, in a Red Wings uniform, most of the fans here would have turned their backs on him already, why do you think the fans in Pittsburgh havnt yet?" And he said something about how they have waited for him long enough to get a cup, blah blah, ect.

It got me thinking.

What would you think of Crosby, hypothetically speaking of course, if he dawned the Winged Wheel instead? Nothing else changed about the way he plays, and handles himself on and of the ice, except that he plays here?

Guest Shoreline

Mario pushed for him to be the next Pens captain for a reason. I would be thrilled to have Crosby on this team, given how much of a team player he is. On the other hand, outside the realm of what-if's, this team really couldn't afford him, and I wouldn't be willing to wreck this team's chemistry for another superstar.

Mario pushed for him to be the next Pens captain for a reason. I would be thrilled to have Crosby on this team, given how much of a team player he is. On the other hand, outside the realm of what-if's, this team really couldn't afford him, and I wouldn't be willing to wreck this team's chemistry for another superstar.

Of course. By no means am I asking if anyone would want him on this team.

If he was a Wing, he would be paid much less and he wouldn't be a Captain. He would have stayed in the AHL for longer and he would have learned the proper way how to handle himself.

Lidstrom could teach him how to be a better person. Mario did not.

Guest Shoreline
Love to have him on the team; hate to have him as a captain.

He would not be the captain in Detroit, however; not by a long shot.

Probably not.

Look at how our players treat other teams, we don't slash or hack on purpose because we are losing a game. We stay calm and just go after the team on the score board the next time. Crybaby and malkin can't control their emotions, no discipline on that team. He can be a good player but I don't want him, not a 2 way player and he can't kill penalties. I love my wings without im in it.

If he was a Wing, he would be paid much less and he wouldn't be a Captain. He would have stayed in the AHL for longer and he would have learned the proper way how to handle himself.

Agreed with most of that, but there is no way Crosby would of stayed in the AHL for any time. That's why he was picked as #1, because he was ready.

I would of been a fan of having Crosby play for my team. He is a generational talent, and is a player that loves the game. He would also be on a team where their was much more experience, and wouldn't have had to carry as much of the offensive load early in his career. Sure would be interesting=P

EDIT:

Look at how our players treat other teams, we don't slash or hack on purpose because we are losing a game. We stay calm and just go after the team on the score board the next time. Crybaby and malkin can't control their emotions, no discipline on that team. He can be a good player but I don't want him, not a 2 way player and he can't kill penalties. I love my wings without im in it

Umm, the red wing's are just as 'cheap' as other teams. It's hockey, it's rough if there aren't little stick jabs going around then the teams don't care about the out-come of the game. I'll give you the Red Wing's are more disciplined, but the Red Wing's aren't angels out there either.

Edited by Carman

Knowing the self hating tendencies of this board we'd be bagging on him, saying he sucks, throwing trade proposals and what not considering how badly he's sucked these finals. Then again he wouldn't be playing against Zetterberg so odds are he'd produce and we'd love him.

Really don't have much of a problem with the kid, just can't stand the way the league forces him down all of our throats, its embarrassing really. Also, while yes he's a diver, I have to think preferential ref treatment started that habit just like every star in the NBA who drives to the hoop.

this. honestly don't believe that Crosby would stay a Wing if he didn't have the composure alot of our younger guys have.