• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

PotbellyJoe

Congrats Pens, Good Season Wings...

Rate this topic

alright...the rage is subsiding

at the risk of showing too much man-love, i started a thread on the pens forum and linked it to here ... i figured it'd be a shame for the classy LGWers to not go unheard. so if you can be bothered registering just to post a congrats, go for it

http://www.thepensforum.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/...?num=1244862720

as for the red wings. hard pill to swallow but let's face facts here. it's DAMN hard to repeat in modern sports let alone get back to the SCF and push it to a game 7. The pens wanted it more, had more motivation and the revenge factor on its side. They deserved it. Good to see the fans at JLA stay back (also good to see that they booed Buttman :P). I think when we cheered Mario Lemieux that showed a touch of class and that's something to be proud of.

As for Hossa, I'll be glad to have him back so long as it's not at the price we paid this year... the only way we'd have him back is on a discount anyway given our cap issues. And I don't care how ineffective he's been ... having a Hossa at a bargain basement price suits me fine. He's proven he can play in the playoffs (with the Pens last year) so there's no reason he can't do it again eventually.

Once it sinks in ... congrats on a good season Detroit ... just fell a little short but that's sport for ya, and that's why we all love it...

Good job to the Pens. They obviously wanted it more and it didn't help that "lady luck" wasn't on our side...sometimes the pucks just don't find the back of the net.

Too bad we had to force the game 7....nothing is never certain in hockey!

Amen!

The Pens deserved this series. They wanted the game more than the Wings. The way they cycled the puck while the Wings were standing still was awful to see as a Wings fan. When the final horn sounded however, I was ready to give them the credit they deserve.

No Wings fan should be blaming the refs or a league conspiracy. The Wings fans can blame the bounces going the Pens way, the turnovers by Detroit, or maybe even the lazy play by the Wings themselves. The Pens deserved this series. Congrats Pens.

Kudos for sure to the Penguins. They wanted it more, they worked harder for it, they played harder, on the edge and often way over it, and they simply beat the Red Wings to the Cup. Hat's off (literally :))

I really hate congratulating other teams, but the Penguins outplayed the Wings and therefore won the cup, so congrats Penguins and their fans. Wings are still the best team to me. Lets go Wings in the 2009-2010 season.

I really think a lot of teams could of out-played us in the Finals, we just could not play a full 60 minute game at all. But Pittsburgh took advantage of the mistakes, and played smart. They deserve it. Congrats.