• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DSM

Marian Hossa, merged

Rate this topic

It's true that he did not show up this series at all.

Which was surprising more than anything, but everyone is bantering for him to be gone next season. Why? He is a 40 goal scorer, ya, your right who cares. But he is a talented player. Unless the organization is displeased with his effort I see no reason to just let him out for a poor series performance.

He is too much money and he choked. He made the statement about the Cup and nobody put a ******* gun to his head to do that. He asked for it and he asked to be looked at as a total monster in this series. He choked like no hockey player has choked in a long time. We bought him to win a cup and he didn't deliver a thing in these finals.

and hossa said after last year he thought he had a better chance winning a cup in detroit, HE DOES, pitt was in the 10 spot before bylsma, and pitt was surely underdogs. i would bet the wings win this series, cet. par , 9/10 times.

I posted this in the mai nthread but I think it belongs in here more....

Stop baggin on Hossa, EVERYONE needed to step up and not many did. Everyone just feels comfortable finding him as the scapegoat because he most likely won't be here next season. I have no one bad thing to say about him that I can't say about most players on the team and in the end, I enjoyed having the hoss this season.

You know, Pavs wasn't always the best playoff performer either and I don't care who you are, him playing against the pens had to be pretty harsh on his mind.

I would love to see him back but do not think we will, unfortunately.

I don't think so. He came here for one reason and he failed. Deal with it.

One thing a lot of people overlook is the fact that had Hossa resigned in Pittsburgh, they wouldn't have been able to resign Orpik, sign Fedotenko and Satan, and deal for Kunitz and Guerin. They'd be very limited, and Hossa forced them to opt for depth over a powerful top six, which worked out pretty well for them.

1. False

2. You're an idiot.

He signed with us TO WIN A CUP. He was the only one on the playing roster WITHOUT A CUP. He was the guy above all other guys that was SUPPOSED TO WANT IT MOST. He didn't. End of story. Pathetic display.

haha I'm an idiot because I realize the Red Wings lost the cup, not Hossa. Good call.

when a team shows up for less than ten minutes in a game 7 of the SCF, that is a pathetic team display, nothing you can pin on one player. That's the end of the story. Grow up.

haha I'm an idiot because I realize the Red Wings lost the cup, not Hossa. Good call.

when a team shows up for less than ten minutes in a game 7 of the SCF, that is a pathetic team display, nothing you can pin on one player. That's the end of the story. Grow up.

He has blasted the team.

But this THREAD is about Marian "I play like my brother Marcel" Hossa.

If you dont' want to read what people are saying about the man's performance, don't click on the thread.

I think the bottom line is Hossa isnt the reason we lost. One player is not the reason you lose and one player is not the reason you win. This is a team sport and there were a number of players not playing well this series. I dont think Hossa had a lack of trying whatsoever, he was all over the puck tonight and a few of the previous games (aside from game 6) and you cannot fault him because the puck doesnt go in the net. I think its fairly obvious if he does sign here, it will be for significantly less but I dont think that it bothers him. We should have the same shot at the cup we had this year depending on what other teams do to their rosters.

I hear ya, but we can live without the following:

Samuelson (which is a joke)

Stuart (maybe he'll leave)

Hudler (I love the guy and don't want to see him leave, but for Hossa I'd let him go)

Filpulla i have mixed feelings on. He can make spectacular plays but he also disappears for very long periods. I am not sure he's all that he's cracked up to be honestly.

Can't lose Cleary. Helm and Abdelkader earned their spot.

All I'm saying is if they can work something out for him, they need to try and keep Hossa. He's too good of a player. Those players don't fall on your lap every day. On another note, I wouldn't be surprised if Hossa decides that he wants to leave. Bad taste in his mouth.

Hudler dissapears because hes not great defensively, first few games all you saw was helm and abdelkader, last few mins, it was all hudler, he can BRING it offensively, i think we should hold on to him and see if he can develop defensively like dats and z have

Hudler dissapears because hes not great defensively, first few games all you saw was helm and abdelkader, last few mins, it was all hudler, he can BRING it offensively, i think we should hold on to him and see if he can develop defensively like dats and z have

No.

For all his skill he doesn't have the size to win the boards battles when it counts. That was painfully obvious this series and this is EXACTLY how teams are going to play the Wings next year.

Never liked him before he came here. Slowly, he turned me into a fan as the season went along. I pulled for him, but in the end, he looks like the biggest idiot in hockey history. Sucks to be him, but he didnt show up when we needed him the most. It'll be funny when he gets 80 million for 10 years from some s*** team this offseason.

You guys are pathetic. Go take some Xanax and come back when you've calmed down a bit.

Edit: I think I'll come back when all the fairweather fans and hysteria have departed.

Have to agree with this. Brad Stuart and Chris Osgood lost this game tonight. And the referee who f***ed up the icing call on Talbot's first goal.

I think it is best to part ways with hossa......maybe he's the guy that's just never gonna win a cup......bouncing around chasing after it and not planting himself somewhere......bad luck.....Wings need to spend that money wisely for next yr.

Let's be fair though, in the 3rd period, the Pens had no desire to play offense. They were on a PK for 20 minutes. That's why the period looked so lopsided.

I just don't get what was up with us not getting to the pucks. Maybe we'll find out we had a ton of serious injuries. It's the only thing I can think of. But, in all fairness, we had the same problem against the Ducks, the Hawks, and the Pens....

Have to agree with this. Brad Stuart and Chris Osgood lost this game tonight. And the referee who f***ed up the icing call on Talbot's first goal.

Stuart maybe, Osgood, no. Osgood played pretty damn good still, 2nd was a softy but seriously, if the defense would have been around tonight, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I say hit the road Hossa, be a regular season all-star, leave the cup for the people who really want it.

Never liked him before he came here. Slowly, he turned me into a fan as the season went along. I pulled for him, but in the end, he looks like the biggest idiot in hockey history. Sucks to be him, but he didnt show up when we needed him the most. It'll be funny when he gets 80 million for 10 years from some s*** team this offseason.

I bet those big time offers go down by a couple million. Nevertheless, if we can get him for less, we should try to keep him. He's too good of a talent.

He has blasted the team.

But this THREAD is about Marian "I play like my brother Marcel" Hossa.

If you dont' want to read what people are saying about the man's performance, don't click on the thread.

For better or for worse, you have the freedom to say stupid things and others have the freedom to call them out on it.