• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DSM

Marian Hossa, merged

Rate this topic

I believe this Pens fan just owned us.... ouch!

But to the victor go the spoils and getting a ribbing is part of being on the losing end.

ah well,

GO WINGS!!!!!!!

Look at you backtrack. Here's just a few of your asinine posts that got you thrown on ignore..

You were flat out ******* wrong, AND you were an ******* to people supporting Osgood on top of being wrong. Kinda hard to be a condescending prick to people who know more about the goalie in the net and his tendencies than you do, and come out trying to look like you weren't crapping all over him. You were better off just eating crow and leaving it at that.

There is nothing better then pulling peoples qoutes and showing them how stupid they can be. The flakey fans of Detroit Red Wings.

high-stakes-copy-and-paste.png
Don't see what that has anything to do with what we're talking about.

But I'm assuming you're trying to be funny, and well... it was probably only funny to you. ;)

I'm really not sure about Hossa, to be quite honest. We won the Cup without him, but he made us even more of a better team this year. He was pretty bad offensively in the playoffs (yeah assists are nice, but you're a goal scorer...) but you can't look past how good defensively he was. Now if we do sign him, some guys might have to go... and although they can easily be replaced, I don't know where I really stand with it. I guess if we sign him, I'll be happy. But if we don't sign him, I won't be mad - I'll just let Kenny do his thing because well, the guy is a genius. :)

AGAIN....

Your READING COMPREHENSION sucks.

You appear to be able to READ the actual words, as typed, but have a bit of a problem grasping the CONTEXT in which they are written.

Once again....

You postulated in your original post to me that you, in particular, never posted the following comments:

That you "gave up on him."

That he was a "piece of s***"

That he was a "worthless human being".

And that he would be "SO BAD, that the Wings would be lucky not to be bounced out in the First Round."

Specifically, YOU accused ME of having you "confused with one of (your) butt buddies. None of these words were ever posted by me."

In response:

I posted that YOU WERE RUDE TO ANYONE WHO DISAGREED with THOSE WHO DID POST such comments.

One more time, just so you can follow along:

I never accused you of MAKING those comments, (as you accused me of, initally), only of being RUDE TO THOSE who didn't AGREE with the comments when they were made by others.

As a side note:

Please, kids.....

Stay in school.

Ah....now I get it......what you literally wrote wasn't how you intended me to interpret. How clever of you. And yes, I wholeheartedly agree.......stay in school......a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Haha that's so funny he came here to win the cup and was 2 whole goals away from succeeding!! What a dumbass!!! He should have stayed with the worst coach in the league a.k.a Therrien and the team headed for disaster until they turned things around 2 months before the end of the season!!! What a tool, can't believe he's not psychic and knew the same two teams would be in the SCF for the 2nd straight year and that he would lose in a Game 7!!!

SUCK IT HOSSA

It is funny that you are such a tool and a homer that you bash Hossa and obviously blame Hossa for the lack of two goals.

How many points did your avatar register? Less I believe and a far less +/-! There is plenty of blame to go around.

Please delete or move this ridiculous thread into the Hang Hossa cause we are to short-sighted to figure out a real reason why we lost thread.

You know you've lost your argument when you have to put abdelkader, Kopecky and Chelios on there LOL

lol I could add that the 5 people above him, which he was tied in points with!

There is nothing better then pulling peoples qoutes and showing them how stupid they can be. The flakey fans of Detroit Red Wings.

Or, better yet pulling out selected quotes from a lengthy conversation to selectively support an argument. Isn't that what politicians do?

Guest Shoreline
As far as being an ******* and a condescending prick, you'd certainly be more of an expert on that that I ever will be. I just said I was wrong about Ozzie. His "swith on" play in the playoffs was as great a turnaround from what he was putting out there as the end of the regular season as any I've seen. As for your vast knowledge of Ozzie's tendencies, I don't think it requires any great intellect to be a blanket defender of a player you obviously think can do no wrong. Just as I said then and will say now........any polling of people not associated with the Redwings (and a great deal of Wings fans), would have supported the position I took over years. And by the way.......I've been a Redwings fan probably about as long as you've been alive (not since they "got good" in the 90's), so don't break your arm patting yourself on the back about being right about Ozzie playing well in the playoffs. If you throw enough s*** against a wall, some of it is bound to stick. No, go ahead and put me back on "Ignore". I'll try to suffer through the agony.

Interesting the rocket science behind understanding Osgood steps up in the playoffs. Wonder how years of apparently being an astute hockey fan can be dwindled down into a steaming pile of horse s*** when the team is facing only a slight bit of adversity? The essence of bandwagonism and lolpanic is ever so apparent with people with a short term memory or pretend to be fans since the 1700s. Maybe next post you can compare size of genitalia as a way of trying to cover up for your own stupidity.

What's a sweeter victory:

1.) Winning a Cup right off the bat with a team you just joined.

2.) Winning a Cup with a team you have suffered through defeat with, and then coming back to fight with your entire heart to finally win a Cup with the teammates you've grown to love like brothers.

I'd take number 2 for sure. Remind you of 1997 at all? We lost the year before to the avs in the WCF and they went on to win The Cup. The next year we came back with a vengeance, (the cheap shot on Draper, the Brawl on 3/26, losing to them in the playoffs), and ended up winning The Cup for the first time in 42 years. The emotions, the painful defeat in previous years, facing our rivals and finally coming out on top, the bonds between the players - it made for what was probably the sweetest Wings' victory in our time. Who wouldn't want to experience a victory of that magnitude?

Cap space aside, I hope Hossa sticks around and gets to experience a Stanley Cup win with the Wings that is much, much sweeter than he originally hoped for.

Well....

Perhaps YOU would choose #2, "for sure". But Hossa certainly wouldn't. He'll take #1. How do we know?

Because he's already done so. That's PRECISELY what he did when he LEFT the Pens in order to come "Win the Cup" with the already stacked Detroit Red Wings.

Fail. Epic Fail.

DON'T incite flame wars by purposely baiting ("trolling") other members into an online flame war. Members caught doing so will be disciplined appropriately.

It is funny that you are such a tool and a homer that you bash Hossa and obviously blame Hossa for the lack of two goals.

How many points did your avatar register? Less I believe and a far less +/-! There is plenty of blame to go around.

Please delete or move this ridiculous thread into the Hang Hossa cause we are to short-sighted to figure out a real reason why we lost thread.

:rolleyes:

Was my sarcasm not obvious enough?

The Detroit Red Wings (as a team) were 1 game away from winning the cup. I didn't even recognize ANYONE from the 2nd period( the team sucked, mainly the defense imo... We lost as a team stop bashing hossa. I hope he gets signed again :)

Ah....now I get it......what you literally wrote wasn't how you intended me to interpret. How clever of you. And yes, I wholeheartedly agree.......stay in school......a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

?!?!?!

Whaaaat?

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I wrote PRECISELY what I wrote. Nothing more, nothing less. Is there any way to write, other than "literally"? The etymology of the word "literal", after all is from the Latin "litera", meaning LETTERS.

Simply READ the letters typed out.

How YOU interpret it is not MY responsibility. If you can't comprehend the words that are typed out and lying there for your perusal, I don't know what to tell you.

But the fact that YOU come back with an attack on MY understanding of the English language simply becuase YOU don't, (or can't), understand, (or interpret), the written word, (no matter how LITERALLY presented), is laughable.

Edited by Outsider

Interesting the rocket science behind understanding Osgood steps up in the playoffs. Wonder how years of apparently being an astute hockey fan can be dwindled down into a steaming pile of horse s*** when the team is facing only a slight bit of adversity? The essence of bandwagonism and lolpanic is ever so apparent with people with a short term memory or pretend to be fans since the 1700s. Maybe next post you can compare size of genitalia as a way of trying to cover up for your own stupidity.

Perhaps even more interesting than you combing through your dictionary to find a few words that you think might inflate your intelligence is the fact that Ozzie hasn't always "stepped up in the playoffs". In case you have a short memory, perhaps you remember him getting shipped off to the Isles after the debacle vs. the Kings in 00 - 01. In fact, that playoffs (yea, before you bring it up, Im aware of the injuries) and the following 3 seasons away from Detroit, I'd hardly say that Ozzie "stepped up" in the playoffs. But hey, I guess that's all part of that "short term memory" thing you mentioned earlier. I'll stay clear of the genitalia comparisons........I doubt anyone on here is as big a ****** as you are.

?!?!?!

Whaaaat?

I wrote PRECISELY what I wrote. Nothing more, nothing less. Is there any way to write, other than "literally"? The etymology of the word "literal", after all is from the Latin "litera", meaning LETTERS.

How YOU interpret it is not MY responsibility. If you can't comprehend the words that are typed out and lying there for your perusal, I don't know what to tell you.

I did read them, and the literal interpretation supports my point. By the way, I'd venture a guess that I've had much more education in Latin than you have.

But the fact that YOU come back with an attack on MY understanding of the English language simply becuase YOU don't, (or can't), understand, (or interpret), the written word, (no matter how LITERALLY presented), is laughable.

?!?!?!

Whaaaat?

I've read your words over and over, and they clearly support my point. And no need to give me any lessons in Latin as I'm quite sure I've had a bit more education in the language than you have. Now, if you're finished with it, you might want to return Shoreline's dictionary. I have a feeling he'll be needing it again.

Perhaps even more interesting than you combing through your dictionary to find a few words that you think might inflate your intelligence is the fact that Ozzie hasn't always "stepped up in the playoffs". In case you have a short memory, perhaps you remember him getting shipped off to the Isles after the debacle vs. the Kings in 00 - 01. In fact, that playoffs (yea, before you bring it up, Im aware of the injuries) and the following 3 seasons away from Detroit, I'd hardly say that Ozzie "stepped up" in the playoffs. But hey, I guess that's all part of that "short term memory" thing you mentioned earlier. I'll stay clear of the genitalia comparisons........I doubt anyone on here is as big a ****** as you are.

Might want to go check the microfilm, (do they still store stuff on microfilm?), at the local library before you go stating that Osgood was "shipped off" as a result of the debacle against the Kings in '01. It was widely held that Osgood was the only Wing to show up for that Series, and he was even touted as "the only bright spot for Detroit". All of the internet listings of those articles are long since gone....but the hard copies are still around.

Osgood was "shipped off" because Dominik Hasek demanded a trade.... TO DETROIT. He negotiated the terms, and had final approval on what went back to Buffalo in exchange, so his chances at a Cup weren't compromised. Osgood had 3 years left on his contract at $3.5M, $3.75M, and $4.0M, respectively. Legace had one year at $550K.

With the Isles, Oz took them to the PO's for the first time in 7 years, and won more games that year alone than everyone playing goal for NYI COMBINED has won since he left.

He CARRIED the Blues to the Post Season in 2004. They were the lowest scoring Team to make the Post Season that year.

You're off base. And once again, completely wrong about Chris Osgood.

I've read your words over and over, and they clearly support my point. And no need to give me any lessons in Latin as I'm quite sure I've had a bit more education in the language than you have. Now, if you're finished with it, you might want to return Shoreline's dictionary. I have a feeling he'll be needing it again.

Once should have been enough.

And no need for a dictionary here, thank you very much. Your assumption that you're the only one with a grasp of the English language is laughable at best.

At worst?

It's nasty, snide, condescending and rude.

Hmmmmm......

I'm noticing a pattern, here.....

Might want to go check the microfilm, (do they still store stuff on microfilm?), at the local library before you go stating that Osgood was "shipped off" as a result of the debacle against the Kings in '01. It was widely held that Osgood was the only Wing to show up for that Series, and he was even touted as "the only bright spot for Detroit". All of the internet listings of those articles are long since gone....but the hard copies are still around.

Osgood was "shipped off" because Dominik Hasek demanded a trade.... TO DETROIT. He negotiated the terms, and had final approval on what went back to Buffalo in exchange, so his chances at a Cup weren't compromised. Osgood had 3 years left on his contract at $3.5M, $3.75M, and $4.0M, respectively. Legace had one year at $550K.

With the Isles, Oz took them to the PO's for the first time in 7 years, and won more games that year alone than everyone playing goal for NYI COMBINED has won since he left.

He CARRIED the Blues to the Post Season in 2004. They were the lowest scoring Team to make the Post Season that year.

You're off base. And once again, completely wrong about Chris Osgood.

Yea, that .890 save percentage and 2.5+ goals against average in the playoffs was certainly stellar. I've got to admit, you certainly know your s***.

Once should have been enough.

And no need for a dictionary here, thank you very much. Your assumption that you're the only one with a grasp of the English language is laughable at best.

At worst?

It's nasty, snide, condescending and rude.

Hmmmmm......

I'm noticing a pattern, here.....

The only pattern I've noticed is that you're a bit overmatched here.