• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DSM

Marian Hossa, merged

Rate this topic

I like how poeple are pinning this all on Hossa, then in the next breath the wings are a TEAM. What a joke. Hossa allowed us to get home ice in the regular season, and he may not have had a big SCF but he wasn't extremely bad in the playoffs. How much more did Datsyuk really do than HOssa did? Seriously.

You can't let a player liek Hossa go.

We'll be back next year. No reason to think we won't.

Players I'd get out of here (because frankly they make me sick) are Samuelson and Stuart.

Guest Lidstromboli

oh man im glad the wings had hossa if not for him we wouldn't have had home ice

Hossa needs to stay. The guy carried the team in the regular season. He didn't play bad for us, he just underperformed, as did Datsyuk and even Zetterberg (though he was sound defensively).

In fact, it amazes me that the WIngs got this far with their top talent being pretty quiet all playoffs.

Guest Shoreline
You guys are pathetic. Go take some Xanax and come back when you've calmed down a bit.

Edit: I think I'll come back when all the fairweather fans and hysteria have departed.

Noooo just continue to mock them like I do!

Hossa needs to stay. The guy carried the team in the regular season. He didn't play bad for us, he just underperformed, as did Datsyuk and even Zetterberg (though he was sound defensively).

In fact, it amazes me that the WIngs got this far with their top talent being pretty quiet all playoffs.

A part of me hopes he stays. An even bigger part believes that he is simply not worth a cap hit above Franzen's.

Hossa definitely needs to stay. I mean seriously. The guy is a top 10 forward in the league. You can't let a player like that get away. I'm sure he feels worse than anyone. The rest of the team won last year, and Hossa is the only man on both teams that is 0-2.

If people wanna bag on a player tonight, bag on Stuart. My God man, he costs us the penalty, and costs us both goals. Just unbelieavable.

Would you say the same thing if it turns out he was playing hurt?

If he was hurt enough to be that ineffective, then yes as well as he should have been replaced in the lineup.

Noooo just continue to mock them like I do!

Well you hope that you can somehow help them to have more faith but an internet forum is the worst place for that.

I swear I should've hit up my ignore list like no other.

Wow so quick to turn your backs on a guy. I like Hossa and hope he stays. You can only get better playing for the wings. Round three Wings vs Pens 2010!!!

You have smoked yourself retarded.

You come to Detroit to perform in the playoffs. That's the standard of excellence started by Yzerman and passed down.

Hossa clearly did not do this. Short of him skating with a torn ACL, he doesn't DESERVE to come back.

I really think we should keep Hossa if he wants to stay. He is a presence in his own right and adds to the team really well. I think he fits in here perfectly because of his puck handling. Though he didnt put up many points at the end there, I dont think a player has to score to be effective. He was very effective in punk handling and possession as well as distribution. To me, he is one of my favorite players after this season.

Edited by skyphoenix

Hossa definitely needs to stay. I mean seriously. The guy is a top 10 forward in the league

At what cost? I mean seriously, the Wings can't resign Hossa for anything more then the league minimum unless they move someone. Flipulla and Cleary played too well to be traded. Unless Stuart or Rafalski waive their NTC, Hossa is not coming back.

I think he fits in here perfectly because he isnt a leader but he is a sniper.

A sniper? How many goals did Hossa manage to snipe past anyone in these play-offs? One? Two?

Edited by TheOwl

I posted this in the mai nthread but I think it belongs in here more....

Stop baggin on Hossa, EVERYONE needed to step up and not many did. Everyone just feels comfortable finding him as the scapegoat because he most likely won't be here next season. I have no one bad thing to say about him that I can't say about most players on the team and in the end, I enjoyed having the hoss this season.

You know, Pavs wasn't always the best playoff performer either and I don't care who you are, him playing against the pens had to be pretty harsh on his mind.

I would love to see him back but do not think we will, unfortunately.

At what cost? I mean seriously, the Wings can't resign Hossa for anything more then the league minimum unless they move someone. Flipulla and Cleary played too well to be traded. Unless Stuart or Rafalski waive their NTC, Hossa is not coming back.

A sniper? How many goals did Hossa manage to snipe past anyone in these play-offs? One? Two?

I hear ya, but we can live without the following:

Samuelson (which is a joke)

Stuart (maybe he'll leave)

Hudler (I love the guy and don't want to see him leave, but for Hossa I'd let him go)

Filpulla i have mixed feelings on. He can make spectacular plays but he also disappears for very long periods. I am not sure he's all that he's cracked up to be honestly.

Can't lose Cleary. Helm and Abdelkader earned their spot.

All I'm saying is if they can work something out for him, they need to try and keep Hossa. He's too good of a player. Those players don't fall on your lap every day. On another note, I wouldn't be surprised if Hossa decides that he wants to leave. Bad taste in his mouth.

He had four goals that were in clutch situations. Everyone is allowed to have a drought in goals...it happens. Hossa is a top-tier forward and if you think otherwise, you obviously didnt watch him throughout the regular season or even tonight. He was making some great plays and sometimes it just doest happen for you. I dont think he should be shipped off because he had a bad finish to an otherwise excellent year. By the way, his nickname is The Slovakian Sniper. I didnt make it up.

When you are paid 7.45 mil, you better ******* score a goal in the finals. You better score a goal in more then 3 games these playoffs....

This is the issue. Hossa did VERY LITTLE, and it WAS for lack of trying.

While I'm disappointed by his lack of an appearance in the finals, I would not mind him back on the roster, albeit for a much lower salary. If he ends up moving on, I'll remember the regular season fondly.

I posted this in the mai nthread but I think it belongs in here more....

Stop baggin on Hossa, EVERYONE needed to step up and not many did. Everyone just feels comfortable finding him as the scapegoat because he most likely won't be here next season. I have no one bad thing to say about him that I can't say about most players on the team and in the end, I enjoyed having the hoss this season.

You know, Pavs wasn't always the best playoff performer either and I don't care who you are, him playing against the pens had to be pretty harsh on his mind.

I would love to see him back but do not think we will, unfortunately.

1. False

2. You're an idiot.

He signed with us TO WIN A CUP. He was the only one on the playing roster WITHOUT A CUP. He was the guy above all other guys that was SUPPOSED TO WANT IT MOST. He didn't. End of story. Pathetic display.

hossa did not play great (stats wise) in the finals or all playoffs.

he played good all regular season. he turned out not being the impact player he should be.

its a shame b/c i, as a fellow slovak, was really rooting for him.

i understand hes not playing against top dmen, but howcome no one is dogging crosby for his 1g 2a, when hossa had 3a. suppose it doesnt matter when you win.

Flipulla earned his spot as well. Too bad Holland gave out those NTC's to Stuart and Rafalski. They played horribly in the finals.

And stop defending Hossa, of all our top forwards, he played the worst. Detroit lost this series because of offense, and Hossa was supposed provide it. 7.45 million dollars worth.

Edited by TheOwl