• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheOwl

Osgood

Rate this topic

In the midst of all this Hossa bashing, we should all thank Osgood for proving the majority of us wrong. Thank you Chris for getting us to the finals.

I was down on Osgood during the reg season but he was great in the playoffs.... Thanks Osgood!

Thank you, Chris. You promised you'd be ready, and you were. More than ready. Helluva Post Season.

Rather than the "weak link", you've proven yourself to be the backbone.

Unfortunate that many of your Teammates couldn't match your level of effort, couldn't raise their Games, to match yours.

Questions answered. Point proven.

You're Aces, Oz. Absolute Aces.

Osgood was lights out in the post season. He gave the Wings a chance to win every single night. I am sad for the whole team, but I am heartbroken for Ozzie - he deserved this Cup. He played like a champion and silenced his critics, but he goes home empty handed. Thanks for another great year Ozzie!!

Rock on Ozzie... I hope the D will go back to school in the offseason

maybe even take a 3 month sabbatical and learn how to plan again!

Guest Shoreline

Just a reminder..

How does being #2 in the standings help us going into the playoffs with the 20-something-th worst GAA in the league?

Your logic is so absolutely backwards it's hard to put into words. Not every goal is the fault of the goaltender and not every goaltender is going to stop them all, we understand this. There is no goal I would fault on backstrom, and I'm not faulting osgood on the second goal against us, but the first one he let in is the same s*** he's been doing all season. His FIRST GOAL against him this season was a retarded giveaway to a maple leaf player and he just had to tap it into the open net. NOTHING has changed. Our changes at playoff success with him in net is drastically low.

It just seems like your denying that osgood has ever played bad this season, and you're pretty much the only person who is doing that. Osgood has played bad all season, it has yet to change, yet you osgood boners think it's going to change when the playoffs start.

Let me give you a hint.

It won't.

He was our best player on the ice most nights in these playoffs (even in some of the losses)

I have always known he's a star but always glad to see him shining bright!

Thanks Ozzie!

I was hesitant on Osgood in the beginning of the playoffs. But he did absolutely everything you could ask of a goalie. The guy is amazing, and deserves every single complement he gets.

Osgood was the only reason that the last two games were in arms reach for us. Wings fans we must remember that Ozzy always comes through for us in the playoffs. Ozzy gave us prime chances at the cup and we couldn't take advantage of it. I wonder if some dumbass will blame Ozzy for the Wings not winning the cup?

Thanks Ozzy for showing us that you wanted to win another cup each and every game.

Edited by Zeowingsfan

Ozzie WAS this team. If I were him I'd have serious trouble looking my teammates in the eye after being hung out to dry so often.

I'm more sad that Ozzie may never be considered an all time elite hall of famer now that he lost this game.

I disagree. He will go down as one of the greatest of all times. I don't care what anyone says. He is #1 in my heart!

Thank you for everything Ozzie. Hope to see you next year 10000x more badass than you were this year in the Playoffs.

Osgood did everything he needed to and more for the Wings this postseason. A shame he didn't get to lift the cup again and get Conn Smythe.

Next year, lets get one more playoff win than this year.

The poor performance of Detroit's skaters tonight may turn out to be the thing that stops him from getting into the HHOF. I honestly believe a Detroit win would've resulted in him winning the Smythe.

If we had won the cup Ozzy would have the Conn Smythe, but the team didn't play in front of him. Ozzy can only do so much, he can't score on Fleury as well, though that would have been awesome to see.

Thank you, Ozzy. You deserved better....

Welcome to the age of the marketing fan. A guy from my college who was bandwagoning the Penguins last season, bandwagoned (very arrogantly) the Blackhawks this season, AFTER the Penguins won tonite, he thought worth rubbing in the loss made him in the right....

I fear for the future of hockey, THE ONE SPORT YET TO BE RUINED by the introduction of the casual fan.

Still can't wait for all the Ozzie haters to STFU. Yes the Wings are a great team, but how many goalies can come up with huge saves after sitting bored for 7-11 minutes of game time. He has HHOF numbers, no argument, and the Stanley hardward to prove it all means something. He's in, and if they try to do otherwise, well, I guess it wouldn't surprise me after the way this series went!

Man watch Ozzies post game interview, tough stuff to watch. He proved everyone wrong, and still it wasn't enough. Very sad.

Ya know....that's just the ***** of it, isn't it?

In the past it's always been stated that the Wings are so strong, both Offensively AND Defensively, that "any" goaltender could have Won the Cup behind them.

This year?

They were at their weakest in the Post Season, and it was GOALTENDING which Won them many games they had no business Winning.

Had they been able to hold it together DEFENSIVELY for one more Game, and score more than ONE FREAKIN' goal with all their vaunted Offensive firepower.....

Instead? They THREW IT AWAY with sloppy Defense and lazy Offense.

Damned shame.

It was right there for the taking, too.

This was the BEST goaltending performance by a Red Wings goaltender in this modern incarnation of the Team.

He is not Patrick Roy or Marty Broduer, but good none the less. He did everything he could to help the Wings win, but that will only take you so far when your defense is not there. He is the man and I feel for him more than anyone.