• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 ComradeWasabi

ComradeWasabi

the abdelgator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:54 PM

Your team won games 6 and 7 fair and square, no bulls***. You outplayed us in the two most critical games of the year and you earned a Stanley Cup despite whatever some may say about Bettman, Crosby or officiating conspiracies. I trust that the classier of you will make your voices heard instead of the trash-talkers that were here throughout most of the series.

In any case, your team earned it. Congratulations.

edit: hey look, my thread is 13 minutes late. I dunno how I missed that other one... embarassing. tongue.gif

Edited by ComradeWasabi, 12 June 2009 - 09:55 PM.

QUOTE (thedisappearer @ December 13, 2008 - 10:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, we're dogpiling on the goalie sammy Hudler the defense the refs league bias against us coaching now? Ok.

Babcock is lazy and he sucks!

#2 kherty

kherty

Born and raised in Detroit, now living in Memphis

• HoF Booster
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:55 PM

Good job, Pens....and I hope you fans enjoy the cup as much as we do in Hockeytown.

See you next year!

#3 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,001 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:56 PM

The penguins deserved it, they wanted it more.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#4 Glubki

Glubki

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:56 PM

Congrats to the Penguins - you worked harder and deserved to win!

If you have an online nemesis you are spending too much time online....

#5 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,769 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:57 PM

Congrats pens fans. You deserve it. Enjoy the summer.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#6 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:57 PM

Congrats Penguins.smile.gif
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#7 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:58 PM

Pens fan you all deserve that win. Enjoy the HELL out of it.

And you know what? I kind of hope those Pens visitors on here throw it in the faces of the Wings fans who were gutless and lost faith.

#8 Urgi

Urgi

Prospect

• 48 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:59 PM

Congrats, cant refuse it, did we hear anything like this when we won last year? from the pens fans that is.

#9 theswede

theswede

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:00 PM

They showed beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are indeed a team and just not a two-man-show. I was suprised, but at least losing doesn't suck as much knowing they actually earned it in those last games.

#10 Pensfan

Pensfan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:01 PM

Now I know how you guys felt last year. Thank you for the kind words. See you again next year around the same time.

#11 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:03 PM

Gratz Pens ... Now we know how you feel smile.gif ... well not really since we won last year but the hell with it Congratz oh ya ... next year Hossa will rip Fleury.

#12 Selke13

Selke13

Rookie

• Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:05 PM

Congrats

#13 HereComeTheHawks

HereComeTheHawks

Rookie

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:07 PM

The Pens definitely earned it tonight. I didn't think they had it in them to go into hostile territory and get it done. It was a great game by both teams.

#14 Sid the Kid

Sid the Kid

Jr. Prospect

• Restricted
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:08 PM

Thanks to you all for your best wishes on my Pens winning the cup. This was an epic series; like 2 heavyweight fighters going toe to toe for the full 15 rounds .... My Pens showed maturity and heart this series and you don't get either unless you take your lumps along the way and hoe your own road to success.

You are "Hockey Town" and that label will never go away .... I consider it an honor that we beat the very best in the game of hockey and a franchise that knows what being a champion is all about.
"Lord Stanley, Lord Stanley .... bring me the brandy!"

#15 spydrwebb

spydrwebb

Hockeytown West

• Gold Booster
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:09 PM

congratulations, indeed.

enjoy this summer while you're able... you will now know what it's like to have the biggest target in the league on your back.

well deserved but training camp onward takes on a completely different perspective.

good luck defending the title.

see you next year.

~DRW faithful
IPB Image

*live, love, learn... leave a legend*

#16 ComradeWasabi

ComradeWasabi

the abdelgator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (Sid the Kid @ June 12, 2009 - 11:08PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks to you all for your best wishes on my Pens winning the cup. This was an epic series; like 2 heavyweight fighters going toe to toe for the full 15 rounds .... My Pens showed maturity and heart this series and you don't get either unless you take your lumps along the way and hoe your own road to success.

You are "Hockey Town" and that label will never go away .... I consider it an honor that we beat the very best in the game of hockey and a franchise that knows what being a champion is all about.

thumbup.gif Now that's the kind of post I like to see.
QUOTE (thedisappearer @ December 13, 2008 - 10:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, we're dogpiling on the goalie sammy Hudler the defense the refs league bias against us coaching now? Ok.

Babcock is lazy and he sucks!

#17 weGotTheCup89

weGotTheCup89

This is for the Wings fans!

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:13 PM

congrats, seeing that smug look on bettman's face during his speech made me wanna puke, but he and crosby are the only reason I dislike the pens. you outplayed us tonight and managed to win 4 of the past 5. this hurts a lot, but congrats.
Q: Of all the individual trophies you have not won, which one would you most like to win?
Datsyuk: I have so many of them that I haven't won. I think I would most like to win a trophy to the best goaltending duo.

#18 Pasha13

Pasha13

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:15 PM

Definitely...nothing can be taken away from their win. Pens beat some really bad odds against a team that is not easy to beat, period. Cheers, Pittsburgh. This cup was well earned. beerchug.gif

#19 REDHASEK

REDHASEK

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:17 PM

Congrats Penguins on a great series, and congrats on winning the Stanley Cup......

#20 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:19 PM

Congrats. You got some dirtbags on your team, but they got the job done. Crosbys favorite player growing up was Yzerman, he was due to win it at some point. Byslma is a great guy and coach, and I wish him the best. You guys outplayed us when it counted, everyone gets some breaks, but you make your own, and the Pens did in 2009.

#NOMOREKINDL